Windows 10: Defender being a REAL ****!!! : I could use a hand here, please...

Discus and support Defender being a REAL ****!!! : I could use a hand here, please... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all: I installed recently Win 10 Pro x64 v1909. The expected update came in, and was applied. Win 10 Pro x64 20h2 V19042.746 became alive... Ever... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ben Robberecht, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Defender being a REAL ****!!! : I could use a hand here, please...

Hi all:

I installed recently Win 10 Pro x64 v1909.
    The expected update came in, and was applied.
    Win 10 Pro x64 20h2 V19042.746 became alive...

Ever since this update... pure horror with Defender and other "protection systems"!!!

First of all:
    There's this "Protected Folder" nonsense.
    Every 5 minutes I have to dive into the bloody Defender because some program was blocked from X whatever X may be, Defender does this for nigh all actions seems.
    Example: I re-installed Mass Effect, as I wanted to play this game once more after ages.
    Enter disk...
    And the Defender horror began:
    This blocked, that blocked, won't run this and that...
    My GOD.
    And this ALSO happened when I installed Nioh.

Now, I went to dinner, when I came back, I read this line:

regkeyvalue: hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows defender\real-time protection\\DisableOnAccessProtection has been removed.
    The hell is that key?
    Why was it removed?

What is this with Defender read ANNOYER since the 20h2 update?
    What have I done to this program that it became such a jerk to me?

Often I get a warning in Notifications that Defender took action vs ... no idea.
    Going into Annoyer, checking what happened, there's just NO information.
    This information got erased together with the whatever the dang Annoyer had killed, together with any possibility to restore whatever was killed by Annoyer.

I can't turn the damn Folder and App thing off, as "It is set by your Admin".
    I AM the bloody admin, dammit...
    And NO, I did NOT do that, you lying ^$$%@$^$!!!!!!

Several times in the past few years I asked to give us a tool to allow programs to start without this "are you really sure you want to load this program?" nonsense, as being continuously confronted by it is REALLY frustrating.
    And now, the extreme opposite seems to happen.

Today I had to enter the damn Annoyer like 40 times, for various BS reasons that got X blocked for [reason].
    Since when is for instance a very well known game a dangerous app???
    Or FRAKKIN Notepad I tried to alter the video settings from Mass Effect as my settings are not in the launcher, it is BLOCKED from editing that @#$%%@% ini.

I REALLY get when you want to offer protection, but this?
    This is not protection, this is an assault on my emotions and intellect.

How can I please fix this, as I am about to strangle my computer...
    I'm furious!!!

Nothing but issues I have since 20h2 V19042.746.

Ben

:)

Ben Robberecht, Feb 11, 2021

2. I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Feb 11, 2021
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 11, 2021
  4. Defender being a REAL ****!!! : I could use a hand here, please...

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 11, 2021
Thema:

Defender being a REAL ****!!! : I could use a hand here, please...

1. Defender being a REAL ****!!! : I could use a hand here, please... - Similar Threads - Defender being REAL

2. Could I get some help here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could I get some help here?: So earlier today I went to go sign into my laptop - I wasn’t really paying attention, and I got the PIN wrong a few times, then it basically locked up my computer. The bad thing is - I don’t know my password - only my PIN. So I decided to wait out the two hours it said, but...
  3. Could I get some help here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could I get some help here?: So earlier today I went to go sign into my laptop - I wasn’t really paying attention, and I got the PIN wrong a few times, then it basically locked up my computer. The bad thing is - I don’t know my password - only my PIN. So I decided to wait out the two hours it said, but...
  4. I'm in a real pickle here...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm in a real pickle here...: to make a long story short, nvdia released a trojan virus yesterday, I was dumb enough to fall for it, I had no choice but to factory reset but now I get an error when trying to log in, booting safe mode would've worked if my laptop's keyboard would function in safe mode but...
  5. I'm in a real pickle here...

I'm in a real pickle here...: to make a long story short, nvdia released a trojan virus yesterday, I was dumb enough to fall for it, I had no choice but to factory reset but now I get an error when trying to log in, booting safe mode would've worked if my laptop's keyboard would function in safe mode but...
  6. I'm in a real pickle here...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Got a real oldie here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a real oldie here: Hi thereI may be living in the past but some very useful programs were developed in the 1980´s for example, MS Designer a vector drawing program which was easy to use, ran on 286/386 16 bit operating systems. The more modern processors won´t accept these old vector...
  8. Got a real oldie here

Got a real oldie here: Hi thereI may be living in the past but some very useful programs were developed in the 1980´s for example, MS Designer a vector drawing program which was easy to use, ran on 286/386 16 bit operating systems. The more modern processors won´t accept these old vector...
  9. Is this new I don’t remember this being here

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this new I don’t remember this being here: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pro-gamer12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jy4oyi/is_this_new_i_dont_remember_this_being_here/
  10. Is there an error here please ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is there an error here please ?: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 09/07/2020 13:47:30 Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Oggmeista-PC...