Windows 10: Defender blocking everything

Discus and support Defender blocking everything in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem that I have started having with defender, It blocks everything I try to do, I cannot save any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by macca59, Jan 9, 2019.

1. macca59 Win User

Defender blocking everything

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem that I have started having with defender, It blocks everything I try to do, I cannot save any pictures or add music files to now playing lists without it throwing up a message and blocking everything...….I have attached a screenshot showing the types of message......its really frustratingDefender blocking everything [​IMG]

:)

macca59, Jan 9, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Reldel Win User
    Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Defender blocking everything [​IMG]

Defender blocking everything [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Defender blocking everything

windows defender blocking updates and changes to programs

Hi,

You can add the file in the file exclusion list to stop Windows Defender Antivirus
    from alerting you or blocking the program. We suggest that you visit this
    link on how to add an exclusion to Windows Defender Antivirus.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Defender blocking everything

1. Defender blocking everything - Similar Threads - Defender blocking everything

2. CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS BLOCKS EVERYTHING!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS BLOCKS EVERYTHING!: From the past couple of days I've been getting notifications telling that controlled folder access has blocked unauthorizedchanges from making changes.attached a screenshot of some of the blocked ones.The problem is most of these blocked ones are system processorseverything...
  3. Internet connection blocks everything.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet connection blocks everything.: Hello, Since a few weeks now I have an issue with my wireless internet connection. After a few minutesmore or less depending on the usage my internet connection will stop and the networks panel will indicate “no network found”, the task manager will be frozen,the setting...
  4. windows security try to blocks everything

windows security try to blocks everything: windows security try to block everything including Xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-try-to-blocks-everything/66b8df0a-abd4-498d-9053-d523454373e8
  5. I can't download anything to my computer. Window defender is blocking everything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't download anything to my computer. Window defender is blocking everything.: I can't download anything to my computer. Window defender is blocking everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-anything-to-my-computer-window/0be0e10a-be82-481a-b997-3fd7ab23a5aa
  6. Defender firewall block

Defender firewall block: This opened when I logged in: Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of SchedulerConsole on all public and private networks. Name: SchedulerConsole Publisher: Unknown Path: C:\program files...
  7. Windows defender blocking everything

Windows defender blocking everything: I'm just trying to install games with gog galaxy and windows ransomware protection keeps blocking everything! I know i have to add exclusions or just disable the protection, but why should i have to do this!? Why is windows defender blocking everything!? I have malwarebytes...
  8. Virus or Malware blocking everything literally

Virus or Malware blocking everything literally: I tried using windows defender but gives me error code "This app can't be started" Error unable to detect a windows system drive. This could be due to missing drivers, an encrypted drive or a corrtupted windows installation. Error code: 0x804cc01. In regular mode logged into...
  9. Windows Defender Blockes Everything (SOLVED)

Windows Defender Blockes Everything (SOLVED): On February I posted this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender-blockes-everything/4cc6b9ba-86e4-438f-b9bf-475b7705715b Unfortunately I found no valid answer. I managed thow to figure out...
  10. Windows Defender slowing everything

Windows Defender slowing everything: We have had 4-5 users over the last 2 business days reporting extreme system slowness all of a sudden. This appears to be cause by the ‘antimalware service executeable’ in task manager, using high CPU and Disk write capacity (up to 150MB/s). This makes our affected laptops...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defender blocks everything

2. windows defender is blocking everything

3. why is windows defender blocking everything

4. why windows defender blocks every installation\\,
  5. windows defender blocking quickbooks,
  6. windows defender blocking everything,
  7. windwos defender blocking everything