Windows 10: Defender blocking file download.

Discus and support Defender blocking file download. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am unable to download photos or other files into folders unless I disable Defender Real Time Protection. I cannot properly run FreeFileSync,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chzuck, Feb 11, 2019.

1. chzuck Win User

Defender blocking file download.

I am unable to download photos or other files into folders unless I disable Defender Real Time Protection. I cannot properly run FreeFileSync, KeePass2, O&OSU.exe, and am unable to download photos form my Canon camera. Desperately need help!

:)

chzuck, Feb 11, 2019

2. Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, Feb 11, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Malcolm21 Win User

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Did not resolve with Citrix app

Malcolm21, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Defender blocking file download. - Similar Threads - Defender blocking file

2. Downloaded files blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded files blocked: Our facility uses Citrix remote environments frequently. For unknown reasons recently certain downloaded files are locked in Windows 10. These files were not an issue until recently. I tracked this down to potentially Windows attachment manager. I can configure the group...
  3. Downloaded files blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded files blocked: Our facility uses Citrix remote environments frequently. For unknown reasons recently certain downloaded files are locked in Windows 10. These files were not an issue until recently. I tracked this down to potentially Windows attachment manager. I can configure the group...
  4. Downloaded files blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All downloaded files are blocked, old files are now blocked or corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    All downloaded files are blocked, old files are now blocked or corrupted: Windows updated a few days ago. Since then whenever I download a file, it doesn't matter what type of file .jpg, .mobi, .exe, mp3, .pdf it is blocked. I then have to right click>properties>check the unblock box to unblock it. BUT then once that is done it doesn't matter what...
  6. opening of downloaded files blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening of downloaded files blocked: I think Microsoft is blocking opening of downloads that are not microsoft. I dont know if I have changed some settings somewhere as it wasnt happening before - I just used to get a warning box that the product wasnt Microsoft and did I still want to open it. Now I just get a...
  7. Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads: Windows Defender is continually blocking me from downloading Filezilla 3.41.2 We have quite a few users who require Filezilla installed, so this is going to cause an issue. This is a new issue for us as Defender has always allowed Filezilla to be downloaded and installed...
  8. Windows Defender is blocking a download from Lumen 5

Windows Defender is blocking a download from Lumen 5: I would like to use Lumen 5 to create videos for social media, however Windows Defender will not allow me to download them to my desktop, here is the error message. How do I get around this?[ATTACH]...
  9. Download contained a malware, Windows Defender blocked

Download contained a malware, Windows Defender blocked: I downloaded a file, and Windows Defender immediately popped up, saying a severe malware was found and quarantined, I deleted it. But, at first I didn't notice that the download itself contained the malware, so I downloaded it again (Who knew it can discover a malware while...
  10. windows defender blocks downloads

windows defender blocks downloads: says has virus alert avg was just uninstalled on sons computer through revo uninstaller 102996