Windows 10: Defender blocks files I want to save

Discus and support Defender blocks files I want to save in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I want to save excel files Windows Defender blocks the file and message is that file path not known and unauthorised controlled folder... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AustinJONT, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Defender blocks files I want to save

When I want to save excel files Windows Defender blocks the file and message is that file path not known and unauthorised controlled folder

:)

AustinJONT, Aug 18, 2018

2. Windows Defender Blocking Save

Why is Defender blocking save in excel and word?

[Original Title: Defender]

RogerRuehling, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Defender blocks files I want to save

windows defender blocking updates and changes to programs

Hi,

You can add the file in the file exclusion list to stop Windows Defender Antivirus
    from alerting you or blocking the program. We suggest that you visit this
    link on how to add an exclusion to Windows Defender Antivirus.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Defender blocks files I want to save

1. Defender blocks files I want to save - Similar Threads - Defender blocks files

2. Block file saving from Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block file saving from Internet.: I cannot save a file from internet with all browers I tried - Chrome, Edge, Whale.A temporary file seems to be appread in download folder but removed imediately.There is no message about blocking file. Re-install browers did not help to solve the problem, disable windows...
  3. Block file saving from Internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block file saving from Internet.: I cannot save a file from internet with all browers I tried - Chrome, Edge, Whale.A temporary file seems to be appread in download folder but removed imediately.There is no message about blocking file. Re-install browers did not help to solve the problem, disable windows...
  4. I want File Explorer to remember the last save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want File Explorer to remember the last save location: I want File Explorer in Windows 10 to remember the last save location directory / last used directory. This would save me many many steps every day. As I recall, Windows 7 File Explorer had this feature. Is it gone? If not, how do I access this feature?...
  5. Windows blocking save files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows blocking save files: I have recently reset my Laptop to a fresh windows install and its been acting weird. Whenever I try to save a game on terraria it says it can't access the files. Im told to disable ransomware and controlled folder access. Only problem, THEY DONT EXCISTS?! No where is there...
  6. Printer wants to save to pdf file, I just want to print a recipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer wants to save to pdf file, I just want to print a recipe: I just want to print a recipe, but the computer a 3670 Dell is asking me to save to pdf. I don't want to do that. I have aHP Envy 4500, print, scan, copy, photo machine. And I have windows 10 with microsoft edge....
  7. Windows defender block my games from using save files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender block my games from using save files: I got legit games and every time i turn them on i got notification that my defender block them from using save files. So every time i need to put them on no blocking defender settings. Is there a way to stop it instead of doing the same process with every new game? submitted...
  8. Defender blocking file download.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender blocking file download.: I am unable to download photos or other files into folders unless I disable Defender Real Time Protection. I cannot properly run FreeFileSync, KeePass2, O&OSU.exe, and am unable to download photos form my Canon camera. Desperately need help!...
  9. Windows Defender blocking game save files

Windows Defender blocking game save files: Windows Defender (to be more specific, Virus & Threat Protection > Real Time Protection) thinks that my games on my computer are harming my computer when they enter save files. My games are official, all of them are from Steam, Origin, Uplay, and official PC-ROM discs....
  10. How to restore Windows Defender blocked files?!

How to restore Windows Defender blocked files?!: When I go to the Windows Defender Security Center and look at the quarantined threats, I first have an older list from which I always have the option to restore the removed file, then I have 'full history' and there, none of the files can be restored?? It just gives me 'See...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender is stopping me from saving files to documents folder

2. defender blocks gimp save