Windows 10: Defender can't remove Trojan and forces me to let it run on my pc.

Discus and support Defender can't remove Trojan and forces me to let it run on my pc. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A few moments ago, a trojan got in my pc. I made a quick and a full scan, the trojan got detected bu there was no option to quarantine nor remove it.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RüzgarErol, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Defender can't remove Trojan and forces me to let it run on my pc.

A few moments ago, a trojan got in my pc. I made a quick and a full scan, the trojan got detected bu there was no option to quarantine nor remove it. The only option was let it run. I, sadly, clicked let it run. I don't know what to do now, can anyone help?

:)

RüzgarErol, Nov 22, 2020

2. Problem in running RKiLL to remove Trojan win 32/dynamer ! ac

[Merged]

I seem to be getting frequent attacks by this trojan , Fortunately Defender is catching it & putting it into quarantine.

the path seems to be fileDefender can't remove Trojan and forces me to let it run on my pc. :D\preload\install-wim>34226\program files (x86) HP games\crazy chicken soccer\moorhuhn-soccer-wt.ex>(EXEEmb)->(EXEEmb)

I have no idea what this means?? I have carried out a series of malware & virus scans as listed here

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/trojan-win32-dynamer-ac-removal/

defender scans & malwarebytes premium scans do not detect anything but Defender seems to be quarantining it at least once a day.

Widows 10 . running DEFENDER & malwarebytes premium & HitmanPro

I am at a loss as what to do now

any suggestions would be welcome

Thanks TD

anthonydrew, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Recurrent trojan, HTML/Phish quarantined by Windows Defender, and don't have active option/button to remove as suggested.

Hi Adrianne,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Your info re: "a version update does not provide a clean install" is helpful to know.

I have run the Windows Defender Offline, but never tied running it to the means of removing quarantined files.

In regards to Windows Defender providing file details after a scan, with the suggestion to remove the file, but with no obvious way to do so, like a "remove threat" button, I'm still a little befuddled. Is running the
    Windows Defender Offline scan, after I get that suggestion to remove the quarantined file, the one and only way that file is going to be removed? If so, that needs to be made more obvious to the end user, because in my current version, we're given a suggestion
    to remove the offending file, but with NO obvious way to do so...not even the instruction that running Windows Defender Offline is the next step to take to remove it.

I'm also curious why this Trojan keeps appearing in C:\Users\3orch\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\.

Is there a Windows app that is making itself a vector online for this trojan?

Again, thank you for your kind reply. I look forward to additional enlightenment.

Kind Regards,

mtnbeebalm, Nov 22, 2020
  4. B_111 Win User

Defender can't remove Trojan and forces me to let it run on my pc.

Defender locates trojan win32/Dynamer!ac but cant remove it

Bruce,

Thanks for the link. When I run step 1, tdsskiller it does not find the trojan. It looks like this progam is only scanning disk c, defender is locating the trojan on disk d.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

B_111, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Defender can't remove Trojan and forces me to let it run on my pc.

1. Defender can't remove Trojan and forces me to let it run on my pc. - Similar Threads - Defender can't remove

2. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,: Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan it keeps saying to start action but after trying to quarantine or remove it still remains, I have scanned with Malwarebytes and trend house call neither of which found any trace of the trojan........
  3. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,: Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan it keeps saying to start action but after trying to quarantine or remove it still remains, I have scanned with Malwarebytes and trend house call neither of which found any trace of the trojan........
  4. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't remove AgentTesla Trojan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove AgentTesla Trojan: Hello,This started like 3 days ago, Idk if I installed an application or how I got this trojan virus but it appeared in windows virus scan but windows virus protection system couldn't get rid of it because it uses powershell or something. Clicking on Block threat does...
  6. Windows defender can't remove trojan

Windows defender can't remove trojan: So the story is that I found a trojan called Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C8E after doing a windows defender full scan. When I check the protection history, it say remediation incomplete and the affected items is containerfile:...
  7. Microsoft defender not letting me remove a virus

Microsoft defender not letting me remove a virus: I have a virus or something on my computer and when I click remove and then take action it just tries to make me do a scan, I have done about 10 scans and it doesn't do anything. I want the virus off my computer....
  8. Does Windows Defender Removes Trojans?

Does Windows Defender Removes Trojans?: does window security remove trojans [Original Title: viruses] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-windows-defender-removes-trojans/8ffbd65e-03b3-4481-b63c-db4d9461139e
  9. Windows Defender can't remove trojan

Windows Defender can't remove trojan: Apparently I have trojan on my computer. I ran a WindowsDefender scan and it found 2 trojans. The name of both of them is: Trojan:Win64/Longage and it is contained in Linux Distro ISO file (debian-10.1.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso". it is located in my "Downloads" folder. I tried...
  10. Trojan removed by Defender

Trojan removed by Defender: With the last couple of builds it seems that Defender is always finding stuff to remove every time I start Windows 10. This morning I removed Trojan Win32/GHEUGENT.Alplock after Defender quarantined it and marked it severe. Right now I am running a full scan on the laptop....