Windows 10: Defender & cant turn on real time protection

Discus and support Defender & cant turn on real time protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello In Virus Threat & protection settings Real Time protection & Cloud Delivered Protection is off with a message that this is managed by your... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Neville Briggs, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Defender & cant turn on real time protection

Hello

In Virus Threat & protection settings Real Time protection & Cloud Delivered Protection is off with a message that this is managed by your administrator (I am the admin)

I think I have the residual bits of of a malware or virus scanner free program I tried a few weeks ago but I cant remember which one I installed and thought that I had removed

Any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Thanks

:)

Neville Briggs, Feb 22, 2019
  2. josh1221 Win User

Windows Defender Real-time Protection will not turn on

I've done the exact same steps and same for me. Still won't turn on. Anyone have a way to muscle defender into turning on real-time protection?

josh1221, Feb 22, 2019
  3. I can't turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you try to turn on Windows Defender Real Time Protection from a Hidden Administrator account. To enable Hidden Administrator, the following are the steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the command prompt, type in net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.
    • Log out and log back in using the Administrator account.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Hector Mad, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Jose Est Win User

Defender & cant turn on real time protection

How do I turn off real -time protection?

Hi Rahul,

If you have Windows 10, you are getting the latest antivirus protection with Windows Defender. Windows Defender actively helps in protecting your PC from malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats. Windows Defender uses real-time protection.

To turn Windows Defender real-time protection on or off, follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings >
      Update & Security.
    • Select Windows Defender, then turn Real-time protection
      on or off.
    If the on /off button is greyed out, refer to the answer of José Antonio
    Pontón Posada CEO on this thread for troubleshooting steps.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Jose Est, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Defender & cant turn on real time protection

1. Defender & cant turn on real time protection - Similar Threads - Defender cant turn

2. Cant turn on Real Time Protection.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant turn on Real Time Protection.: Yes I have looked at the other threads and none of them were helpful. Im having an issue where when I start my Windows Defender it looks like this... [ATTACH] Yup just empty, but if I use the menu underneath the app... [ATTACH] to open it I can make it to Windows...
  3. Turning Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection: So i'm trying to do what the title says and basically it seems like it's impossible. Sure i can turn it off in the settings but every time i restart my computer it gets turned back on automatically. I was on windows 1803 a couple of days ago and i was able to simply turn it...
  4. Unable to turn on real-time protection for Windows Defender

Unable to turn on real-time protection for Windows Defender: I recently decided to uninstall all my anti-virus software and wanted to revert to using Windows Defender as my main anti-virus. After uninstalling, I went ahead and open Windows Defender and saw that my real-time protection was disabled. I went into settings and when I was...
  5. Can't turn on real time protection on windows defender

Can't turn on real time protection on windows defender: Since my pc was working slowly for the whole day so I thought of scanning it. When I opened my windows defender it asked for an update. At that time my real time protection was turned on. After that first I completed scanning and then updated virus and spyware definition....
  6. Windows Defender Real Time Protection is Turned Off

Windows Defender Real Time Protection is Turned Off: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Please help me in solving this issue my windows defender real time protection is turned off and not turning on it says this setting can be managed by your administrator only but i'm using my administrator account only as you can see in image please give me...
  7. Window Defender: Cannot Turn On Real Time Protection

Window Defender: Cannot Turn On Real Time Protection: I have been using Windows Defender for a while now and it was fine but recently I installed McAfee and used its free trial. After I noticed how slow my computer was I uninstalled it. Now when I go back to Window Defender the option to turn on Real-Time Protection is grayed...
  8. Defender: Real Time Protection:

Defender: Real Time Protection:: I just installed the latest Build of Windows 10 . I get this notification in yellow text This setting is managed by your Administrator above the real time protection on Off button and it has been turned on but greyed out. I am not able to disable it. Have scanned it with...
  9. Windows Defender not turning on real time protection

Windows Defender not turning on real time protection: I cant seem to solve the problem even after following all the steps given in the Microsoft support page. I haven't seen any other antivirus softwares installed and still can't have access to my windows defender. Any solutions?...
  10. Windows Defender not turning on real time protection

Windows Defender not turning on real time protection: I cant seem to solve the problem even after following all the steps given in the Microsoft support page. I haven't seen any other antivirus softwares installed and still can't have access to my windows defender. Any solutions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant turn on real time defender

2. unable to turn on windows defender real time

3. windows 10 cloud delivered protection cannot enable disabled this setting is managed by your administrator