Windows 10: Defender constantly detects 2 threats in a non-existent drive and a non-existent folder in...

Discus and support Defender constantly detects 2 threats in a non-existent drive and a non-existent folder in... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My father's laptop ceased to work recently, so he connected one of his drives to my PC, and also copied over a folder of his to my G: drive. However,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rudraneel Dutta, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Defender constantly detects 2 threats in a non-existent drive and a non-existent folder in...

My father's laptop ceased to work recently, so he connected one of his drives to my PC, and also copied over a folder of his to my G: drive.

However, now things are back to normal again, and he has also deleted the folder he copied over.

Days after that, Defender still keeps informing me of threats present in a non-existent I: drive which was temporarily his HDD and a non-existent folder in drive G: which he has already removed.

Help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Rudraneel Dutta

:)

Rudraneel Dutta, Jul 2, 2020

2. Defender constantly detects 2 threats in a non-existent drive and a non-existent folder in my G: drive.

My father's laptop ceased to work recently, so he connected one of his drives to my PC, and also copied over a folder of his to my G: drive.

However, now things are back to normal again, and he has also deleted the folder he copied over.

Days after that, Defender still keeps informing me of threats present in a non-existent I: drive (which was temporarily his HDD) and a non-existent folder in drive G: which he has already removed.

Help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Rudraneel Dutta, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Stephen Boots, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Defender constantly detects 2 threats in a non-existent drive and a non-existent folder in...

[Win10 Defender] Constantly detecting non-existent threat

This is not a detection error. Since it says "Severe", it is likely a Trojan, and after infection, Trojans are file-less, so even if you deleted the original file, it's still in your system. Detecting the same threat over and over is likely your anti-virus
    software failing to delete it.

SilversApprentice, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Defender constantly detects 2 threats in a non-existent drive and a non-existent folder in...

1. Defender constantly detects 2 threats in a non-existent drive and a non-existent folder in... - Similar Threads - Defender constantly detects

2. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  3. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non existent drive: I had an external drive that failed and was removed from the system. It still shows in my explorer tree. I went to windows security and said to scan the non- existent drive expecting to get an "error" of some type. Instead, I got results that said it scanned 18103 files in 17...
  4. Non existent drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  6. microphone is non existant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone is non existant: I cannot get the microphone to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-non-existant/40debec0-8ed5-4693-8fca-3a5a8508e323
  7. microphone is non existant

8. Non existent hacktool & drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Non existent hacktool & drive?: I have a windows 8 which I upgraded to Windows 10 a month ago. Windows 8 copy was legit and it went off smoothly. Now a full security scan says I have Win32/AutoKMS hacktool running in background. But I really dont have any other MS products installed pirated or legal. I DONT...
  9. Non existent hacktool & drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non existent hacktool & drive?: I have a windows 8 which I upgraded to Windows 10 a month ago. Windows 8 copy was legit and it went off smoothly. Now a full security scan says I have Win32/AutoKMS hacktool running in background. But I really dont have any other MS products installed pirated or legal. I DONT...
  10. Non existent hacktool & drive?