Windows 10: Defender crashing PC, Security Scan not helpful

Discus and support Defender crashing PC, Security Scan not helpful in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since last weekends Defender update whenever it runs it blue screens. Tried running Security Scans, both quick and full. Whilst they were running they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WaldoPepperNorwich, May 18, 2022.

1. Defender crashing PC, Security Scan not helpful

Since last weekends Defender update whenever it runs it blue screens. Tried running Security Scans, both quick and full. Whilst they were running they each flagged that problems were found but at the end stated there were no problems. Not much use.

:)

WaldoPepperNorwich, May 18, 2022
  2. RAW
    Raw Win User

Windows defender crash during scan

Kaspersky picked it up and cleaned it out

I had something similar a while back.

I tried un-installing both Defender and MS Security Essentials. Then I scanned the pc direct at Microsoft.
    MS came up clean with no issues found. So I reinstalled both thinking all was good.
    NOT!!!

Nope, didn't work. I had a nasty virus hidden and the best thing I did was buy Kaspersky PURE 3.0.
    Kaspersky picked it up and cleaned it out.
    And I also bought Malwarebytes which works seamless with Kaspersky.
    I am a believer now.

I have to thank the MM (mailman) and a few of the guys here at TPU for nudging me in that direction.

3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 18, 2022
  4. Steve C Win User

Defender crashing PC, Security Scan not helpful

Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, May 18, 2022
Thema:

Defender crashing PC, Security Scan not helpful

1. Defender crashing PC, Security Scan not helpful - Similar Threads - Defender crashing Security

2. PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan: Hi All,My PC is constantly crashing rebooting randomly on some games and always on Windows Defender Full Scan after a couple of minutes.Everything is up to date. Yesterday ran a full MemTest86 for almost 5 hours and found 0 problems with a nice green PASS message at the end.I...
  3. PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crashing randomly on games and consistently on Defender Full Scan: Hi All,My PC is constantly crashing rebooting randomly on some games and always on Windows Defender Full Scan after a couple of minutes.Everything is up to date. Yesterday ran a full MemTest86 for almost 5 hours and found 0 problems with a nice green PASS message at the end.I...
  4. Defender crashes during full scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender crashes during full scan: I've ran into this problem just recently. whenever i try to run a full scan, the defender crashes after an hour or so. quick scan and custom scan are working fine. I've run chkdsk and sfc /scannow and everything is fine, no bad sectors or errors found.device info: RAM 16GB ,...
  5. Defender Security Scans

Defender Security Scans: About 10 days ago the scans in my defender quit working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-security-scans/070f14f0-8765-481a-a03c-ff7e3228b9c2
  6. Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help

Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help: For whatever reason I do not have Windows Defender Schedule scan and need to restore it. Can someone please tell me how to restore it? I currently have Windows 10 and I'm having trouble trying to locate the Window Defender Schedule Scan .xml file. 174473
  7. windows defender security scan

windows defender security scan: I CLICK QUICK SCAN FOR VIRUSES AND IT JUST SITS AT 00:00:00, AND THE SAME FOR A FULL SCAN. CAN SOMEBODY HELP PLS???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scan/77f9a0f3-07de-48ef-a12d-52ef1acf2b2a
  8. windows defender security scan freeze

windows defender security scan freeze: In my windows 10 earlier quick scan was stuck at some item number now all security scans quick scan, full scan, offline scan and custom scan are stuck at some item number. item number is not specific. wait for your reply......
  9. Crash on Full Defender Scan

Crash on Full Defender Scan: I keep getting the error shown below only when doing a full Defender scan on the C: drive of my Dell laptop. I've checked I have the latest Intel and NVidia drivers and sfc /scannow shows no problems. Any Ideas? [img] 147052
  10. Windows Defender Security Scan

Windows Defender Security Scan: I am not able to run a full security scan using defender. After just a few seconds the scan ends. Help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scan/1938597c-690b-4f2e-a910-24041702f4bb"