Windows 10: Defender Definitions Latest received was February 8, 2020

Discus and support Defender Definitions Latest received was February 8, 2020 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Usually this updates daily. Just checked for updates and none were available but the latest showing is February 8, several days ago. Has it stopped... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mick Kassem, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Defender Definitions Latest received was February 8, 2020

Usually this updates daily. Just checked for updates and none were available but the latest showing is February 8, several days ago. Has it stopped updating daily? Also, there are a total of 51 Defender updates showing with the last being February 8.

:)

Mick Kassem, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Mr Morgan Win User

Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 error

Hello

When I run Windows Update I receive the following message concerning Windows Defender:

Defender Definitions Latest received was February 8, 2020 [​IMG]

And when I try Windows Defender itself, I get the following:

Defender Definitions Latest received was February 8, 2020 [​IMG]

The latest definition version installed is 1.245.410.0. Can anyone suggest what might be at fault here?

Thanks

Mr Morgan, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Feb 12, 2020
  4. SedHoss Win User

Defender Definitions Latest received was February 8, 2020

unable to update the definition for windows defender. receive error 0x80070643

Greetings Le Boule,

Thank you for taking time to write a great number of suggestions to overcome the pestering issue. The suggestion that made a lot of sense as soon as I read about remnants of removed programs, that rang a bell. I used the McAfee removal utility form the "List
    of anti-malware product removal tools". And it work. As soon as the program remains were removed, the defender definition was installed and now the Windows Defender runs with the lasted definition signatures.

Again thank you for your support. And thank you for your time.

-Sed

SedHoss, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Defender Definitions Latest received was February 8, 2020

1. Defender Definitions Latest received was February 8, 2020 - Similar Threads - Defender Definitions Latest

2. Windows defender not updating to latest definitions in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender not updating to latest definitions in windows 8.1: Windows defender not updating to latest definitions in windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-updating-to-latest/3934f46a-b9c2-405b-8f1d-24478fe56708
  3. Windows defender not updating to latest definitions in windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender not updating to latest definitions in windows 8.1: Windows defender not updating to latest definitions in windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-not-updating-to-latest/3934f46a-b9c2-405b-8f1d-24478fe56708
  4. OneDrive Roadmap Roundup of latest new features in February 2020

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Roadmap Roundup of latest new features in February 2020: Here are the latest functionalities that landed in production in the month of February-2020. Updates to @mentions email notifications Sync Help Pane Mover now available WW to all Microsoft 365 customers Updates to @mention email notifications Roadmap ID: 51538 Whenever...
  5. Microsoft February 2020 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft February 2020 Security Updates: Release Notes February 2020 Security Updates Release Date: February 11, 2020 The February security release consists of security updates for the following software: Microsoft Windows Microsoft Edge EdgeHTML-based Microsoft Edge Chromium-based ChakraCore Internet Explorer...
  6. latest definition for defender stuck downloading 0

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    latest definition for defender stuck downloading 0: Anyone having issue with the latest defender definition, it is stuck downloading at 0 percent for about 20 mins now. I rebooted and tried again, it found the update but still sticks on downloading Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition...
  7. Windows Defender not updating to the latest definitions.

Windows Defender not updating to the latest definitions.: Bit of a strange one here, for the past 3 days I have not been unable to update to the latest definitions whether it be through Windows Update, Windows Defender, manual updates or through using a command prompt. The latest definition I had was 1.271.815.0 on 11th July....
  8. Windows Defender not updating to the latest definitions.

Windows Defender not updating to the latest definitions.: Bit of a strange one here, for the past 3 days I have not been unable to update to the latest definitions whether it be through Windows Update, Windows Defender, manual updates or through using a command prompt. The latest definition I had was 1.271.815.0 on 11th July....
  9. Not getting latest Windows Defender definitions through Windows Update

Not getting latest Windows Defender definitions through Windows Update: Up until today I always got the latest Defender definitions via Windows Update. Today however, WU told me my PC was "Up to date", but checking Microsoft Malware Protection Center told me my definitons were from yesterday. I tried updating through Windows Defender itself and...
  10. This Week on Windows: February 8, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Windows: February 8, 2018: We hope you enjoyed this week’s episode of This Week on Windows! Head over here to read more about the new 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Xbox One X Edition for Forza Motorsport 7, check out HP’s new commercial devices designed for the modern workforce, or read this week’s Windows 10...