Windows 10: Defender detected malware

Discus and support Defender detected malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,in my environment the file 7zG.exe got deployed automatically to 100+ devices not manually or not from SCCM- not sure how it got deployed the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vinod_Cm, Aug 27, 2021.

1. Vinod_Cm Win User

Defender detected malware

Hi,in my environment the file 7zG.exe got deployed automatically to 100+ devices not manually or not from SCCM- not sure how it got deployed the defender has detected malware in it due to this, we have received 100+ alert generated for the same and still continuing.does this really a malware file - all the AV engine says its safe except Zillya! it says its a Worm.AutoRunthe file installed in the below paths.C:\Windows\Installer\53a54.msi;file:_C:\Windows\Installer\53a54.msi->product.cab->_7zG.exe C:\Windows\Installer\428a7c32.msi;file:_C:\Windows\Installer\428a7c32.msi->product.cab

:)

Vinod_Cm, Aug 27, 2021

2. Windows Defender notification of malware detection

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted and we appreciate your continued patience on this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to update the Windows Defender program and check if it helps.

To check for new Windows Defender definitions manually:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Click the arrow next to the Help button, and then click Check for updates. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Also, check if the detection is of the same malware file or not. Again, see if it is any specific program or a file you try to access which triggers the detection.

Additionally, view the log in Event Viewer to check if the malware is removed every time it is prompted.

To open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.
    • Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.
    You can view Windows Defender "Operational" events in Event Viewer under Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Windows Defender.

Kindly keep us posted, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 27, 2021
  3. Windows Defender notification of malware detection

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that Windows Defender has identified an issue with malware infection.

To be able to assist you better, provide us a few more details on the below questions.

• Is Windows Defender able to remove the threat after it notifies you about the malware detection?
    • Do you have any third party antivirus/firewall software installed which works along side Windows Defender?

As an in initial recommendation, I suggest you to run the
    Microsoft Scanner to check if it helps to remove the malware infection, in any case if Windows Defender is unable to.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Ref: Microsoft Safety Scanner

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 27, 2021
  4. Defender detected malware

malware detected

when I start my device it always shows an alert [ The end tag does not match the start tag: META].
    what does it mean????????????

and window defender always detects some malware and shows a message that window defender is removing it. But the same continues to every time.

Pls suggest some solution.

akashsharma8785, Aug 27, 2021
Thema:

Defender detected malware

1. Defender detected malware - Similar Threads - Defender detected malware

2. False malware detection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    False malware detection: Good evening,My Windows 10 keeps identifying a perfectly legitimate program, Praat, as malware. Praat has been used by linguists and others that desire sonograms of human speech for decades. It is some of the best software available on any platform for acoustic analysis...
  3. Can Windows Defender detected malware thats stopped working?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Windows Defender detected malware thats stopped working?: So im having problems with my Edge browser and when i turned it off it stopped to happening. You can read my problem here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/problem-with-edge/bf30c8ed-0494-4edb-87ec-7e89df95e34bAnd...
  4. Windows Defender "Action Needed" but there's no malware detection

Windows Defender "Action Needed" but there's no malware detection: Every time on startup, my Windows Defender shows a 'action needed symbol' with a caution mark in a triangle which disappears a few moments later and gets replaced with the 'no action needed' symbol with a tick in a green circle.I scanned my computer several times with...
  5. Defender Detects Malware But Fails To Remediate / Remove It

Defender Detects Malware But Fails To Remediate / Remove It: While this is not a new problem, it appears to be affecting more and more of the users, that post in this forum.Defender can repeatedly identify the same malware, over and over again. And the notification in Protection History, includes the ominous message, that the "malware...
  6. Windows Defender won't detect any Malware

Windows Defender won't detect any Malware: Split from this thread.Good for you every time I run a full scan it never finds anything which is disturbing. I have a feeling Defender isn't as good as they claim and my PC is full of viruses....
  7. Windows Defender detects malware

Windows Defender detects malware: Windows defender did a full scan and found 2 threats. What do i do now?[Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-detects-malware/6b0a7007-f934-4c49-b0d9-10b0f3dc349e
  8. Windows Defender Malware Detection

Windows Defender Malware Detection: I get a notice into about half way through a quick scan that preliminary results show malware or unwanted programs may be on your computer. Results will be shown in Details after scan completes. I get this now on every scan I do including full scan. At completion there is...
  9. Windows Defender detected a Malware and announced it and then it was gone with no entry in...

Windows Defender detected a Malware and announced it and then it was gone with no entry in...: I run Windows 10 on a Lenovo X1 Carbon. All the updates are being done automatically and my PC is updated. Today Windows Defender detected a Malware and announced it and showed its name for a very short time. It was asking me for an action, but before I could select an...
  10. Windows Defender did not detect Malware

Windows Defender did not detect Malware: Hi -- MS phone support REALLY sucks!! The Spanish speaking latin rep just hung up! She was so adamant on repeating her answer and refused to listen to my situation. Anyway. I ran Defender (Win 10) both full scan and offline. The app detected nothing. I had doubts that I...