Windows 10: Defender Detects Driver Store Explorer as a Serious Threat

Discus and support Defender Detects Driver Store Explorer as a Serious Threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded the latest version of Driver Store Explorer as suggested on this forum - post 82 here DriverStoreExplorer [RAPR] Defender found a serious... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve C, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Steve C Win User

Defender Detects Driver Store Explorer as a Serious Threat

I downloaded the latest version of Driver Store Explorer as suggested on this forum - post 82 here DriverStoreExplorer [RAPR] Defender found a serious threat which it removed on a full scan. 61 virus engines on Virus Total rate it as OK but Microsoft found it as Trojan:Win32/Emali.A!cl. Should I be concerned to recover from a Reflect backup or does all appear OK now this seemingly false positive has been removed?

Defender Detects Driver Store Explorer as a Serious Threat [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Aug 14, 2020

2. Windows Defender not picking up threats

Thank you for your quick reply. So you're saying I can rest easy and keep faith with Windows Defender. One of the issues malwarebytes detected was a trojan, which I presume is quite a serious threat to my PC. That can't be a false positive as you suggest.
    Why wouldn't defender detect that ? I cant remember the last time I found any issues on my PC detected by defender, either it's so good it stops them or it's not detecting threats? If I detect any more issues with the trial version I will submit it via the
    link provided. Many thanks.

shaunhatton, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Susan68NM Win User
    Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart

Susan68NM, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

Thema:

1. Defender Detects Driver Store Explorer as a Serious Threat - Similar Threads - Defender Detects Driver

2. Defender detects threats even after turning it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender detects threats even after turning it off: I turned it off using the settings menu, but it's still somehow keeps running. submitted by /u/slarrtibarrtfasst [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xglspn/defender_detects_threats_even_after_turning_it_off/
  3. Windows Defender Anti Virus Not Deleting Detected Threats

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Anti Virus Not Deleting Detected Threats: Hello I have This Proble last 2 days ago I Got Infected With Win32.Ramnit.C,A,J,N all Type of This C*AP When I Scanned With Quick SCan Mode It Does'not Detected Files only Detected Two or Three File But When I Launched Full SCan Mode It Detected Every Htm,Html,some games...
  4. Current Threat detected by Windows Defender

Current Threat detected by Windows Defender: After running security scan in windows 10, I get current threat - PUA:Win32/InstallCore.M!sms. It is classified as LOW threat. I have run the REMOVE action but remains forever. PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE DIRECT ME AS TO HOW TO GET RID OF THIS COMPLETELY ?...
  5. windows defender cant delete the detected threats

windows defender cant delete the detected threats: cant delete the threats, what is the way futher i have to from here. do my pc prone to virus of malware please help me[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-cant-delete-the-detected-threats/83465f82-a792-4b80-8006-82eb0c00c511
  6. Windows Defender detecting uTorrent as a threat

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender detecting uTorrent as a threat: It would do it a few times a day so I decided to just get rid of uTorrent but it’s still happening submitted by /u/aeraux [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdjk6f/windows_defender_detecting_utorrent_as_a_threat/
  7. Serious Defender Problems

Serious Defender Problems: Defender is broken at the moment. See the thread below since you might want to limit PC use until MS fix it. Windows Security Virus Scan 154421
  8. Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?

Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?: My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: SoftwareBundler:Win32/Prepscram and said it was "Removed and Restored." I assume that means the threat was quarantined, then removed, then the file it affected was restored. When ı click only option to make...
  9. Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove

Windows Defender detected threat but unable to remove: Hi community, My windows defender just found a threat in my com: Threat detected: Program:Win32/Wacapew.B!ml Alert Level: Medium Category: Potentially Unwanted Software Details: This program has potentially unwanted behavior Affected items: file:...
  10. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"