Windows 10: Defender detects non-existing viruses while downloading files from Internet

Discus and support Defender detects non-existing viruses while downloading files from Internet in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I select a file in my browser to download e.g. FileName.pdf and select “Save it” a msg pops-up “FileName.pdf contained a virus and was deleted”. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KrisL3, Apr 9, 2020.

1. KrisL3 Win User

Defender detects non-existing viruses while downloading files from Internet

When I select a file in my browser to download e.g. FileName.pdf and select “Save it” a msg pops-up “FileName.pdf contained a virus and was deleted”. I can open the FileName.pdf from within the Edge though and save it to the disk. All files i.e. text, pdf, exe etc. are affected.

I use MS Defender as the anti-virus program. When I scan the FilenName.pdf with the Defender it comes up clean. Trying to debug the problem I tried downloading the files with other browsers. The browsers Internet Explorer and Chrome act the same i.e. prevent downloading with the same virus scan message. However, Firefox downloads the files with no problem. So for 4 browsers that I tried only Firefox allows the file downloads. All browsers work well otherwise and do not indicate other issues.

In the Windows Internet Properties in the Security Settings window the slot

Downloads>File Download” Is set to Enable.

Further down the slot “Miscellaneous>Launching applications & unsafe files” is set toPrompt.

The MS Defender has never detected a virus on my computer. It appears it doesn’t mean much as obviously there is some problem either in the Defender itself or some settings telling it to act that way.

Has anybody out there been faced with a similar problem and solved it?

:)

KrisL3, Apr 9, 2020

2. Windows Defender could not catch and detect viruses

windows defender could not catch and detect viruses.

what can I do

daliamohommed, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Havoc Win User
    Ethernet Driver Non Existant?

Hi all,

I'm doing a re-install of a friends laptop after it came down with some nasty viruses. The only thing that I am having issues with is the ethernet driver. The wireless has installed and is an intel unit. But the LAN driver is Broadcom, and the Acer website & Broadcom Website list a download that contains 3 files:

They are all called b57win32, but they are all different filetypes, one is a system file, the other a 'security catalogue' and the other a setup information file. There's no EXE of any kinda [this is what I want - I have no idea otherwise on how to instal the files?'

I've also tried is using the add new hardware wizard - this has resulted in failure as there is nothing on windows update if I turn the wireless on, and for some reason it doesn't like the driver that I have downloaded. Finally, I've tried right clicking on the Setup Information File and clicking install, and I've had no Joy with that either. I've got to be doing something wrong - Most confused!

Can anyone sort me out with a step-by-step guide of what to do, I feel a bit silly asking - But I haven't used a Windows PC in about 3 years. *Frown Defender detects non-existing viruses while downloading files from Internet :(

The machine is an Acer Aspire 5633WLMi Laptop with the 1.6 T5500 C2D, and I'm running Windows XP.

Thanks

Edd

Havoc, Apr 9, 2020
  4. 3ICE Win User

[Win10 Defender] Constantly detecting non-existent threat

Hi,

Rebooted my computer on a whim (usually do it once a month) and got a new alert upon login. Found a pair of new log entries:

• !#AGGREGA10R:AutoSig_876
    • #TaskEng
    The second one is a week old but has not been brought to my attention sufficiently at all. (Shouldn't these alerts be a little more persistent? I completely missed it for a whole week! Maybe there wasn't an alert?)

TaskEng has no exclamation point (!) in front of the hash sign (#).

Both have identical amsiuac strings to the previous alerts' first item. Still no result for it on Google.

Nothing on Google (or Bing for that matter) for google.com/search?q=autosig_876 either.

Not sure why Aggregator is spelled with a 10 (ID-ten-T style): AGGREGA10R, no one does that. According to google.com/search?q=AGGREGA10R anyway.

Screenshot:

static..hu/images/Windows-Defender-non-result-questionmark--or-maybe-a-false-positive--anyway-no-valid-path-or-real-filename-is-given-and-there-is-no-information-on-the-internet-for-that-amsiuac-nonsense.png

Defender detects non-existing viruses while downloading files from Internet ee0e0497-f9d5-4ee6-abc8-c5533bde59fb.png

OCR:

Detected item

☐X !#AGGREGA10R:AutoSig_876

☐X #TaskEng

☐X !#UACTrigger.A

☐X !#UACTrigger.A

Alert level

Severe

Severe

Severe

Severe

Date

2015.08.21. 5:38

2015.08.16. 17:47

2015.08.06. 2:20

2015.08.06. 2:20

Category: Virus

Description: This program has potentially unwanted behavior.

Recommended action: Permit this detected item only if you trust the program or the software publisher.

Items:

amsiuac:C4DF522F302D43FC168AD8D31B4DDA5E

Get more information about this item online.

Action taken

Cleaned

Cleaned

Cleaned

Cleaned

~

Sincerely,

Daniel "" Berezvai

3ICE, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Defender detects non-existing viruses while downloading files from Internet - Similar Threads - Defender detects non

2. Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Downloaded File is Blocked with the saying 'virus detected': my system detected a virus on a file I downloaded, and it got blocked/stopped halfway. Is the virus completely blocked from downloading? Do I need to run a scan? There hasn't been any bad effects from it, but I'm just worried....
  3. Undeletable non-existent file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undeletable non-existent file?: Hi, I was creating a download manager on my laptop and while testing the app I managed to somehow make an undeletable file which cannot be deleted because "The system cannot find the file specified." even though it shows in file explorer and the command line.I have tried so...
  4. Undeletable non-existent file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undeletable non-existent file?: Hi, I was creating a download manager on my laptop and while testing the app I managed to somehow make an undeletable file which cannot be deleted because "The system cannot find the file specified." even though it shows in file explorer and the command line.I have tried so...
  5. Slow to non-existent download speeds with great internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow to non-existent download speeds with great internet.: As stated in title my speedtest download is 300mb+ but my game downloads are sub 20kb. I know I shouldn't expect the download speeds to be 1 to 1 but this is insane. As far as I've seen everything is updated....
  6. Non existent USB device is being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Non existent USB device is being detected: I presently have no USB device plugged into my ASUS E510 Laptop. However, the laptop keeps giving me a popup claiming "USB device not recognized". It is almost behaving as if I am rapidly plugging in, and taking out a USB device, as it chimes both the plug in and unplug...
  7. Presenoker Virus detected from Windows Defender

Presenoker Virus detected from Windows Defender: So I installed the Nicehash Miner from Github. Now the Windows defender says it found a virus called Presenoker. I have read, that when you download something from Github, the windows defender can be triggered by some of the files github installs. Is that true?...
  8. Windows Defender Detects Safe file as Virus

Windows Defender Detects Safe file as Virus: My computer recognizes virus-free files as viruses, Why does she do this? please help [ATTACH] [Original Title: problem] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-detects-safe-file-as-virus/07ee1237-2725-42d4-8fba-0445630a6add
  9. Defender constantly detects 2 threats in a non-existent drive and a non-existent folder in...

Defender constantly detects 2 threats in a non-existent drive and a non-existent folder in...: My father's laptop ceased to work recently, so he connected one of his drives to my PC, and also copied over a folder of his to my G: drive. However, now things are back to normal again, and he has also deleted the folder he copied over. Days after that, Defender still...
  10. Virus Detected by Windows Defender

Virus Detected by Windows Defender: Split from this thread. I have the same virus detected by my windows defender was detected 50 minutes ago. I don't own any of the apps you have installed that might have caused it but that happened to me. I own a Surface Pro 6, i don't know what to do so please help me....