Windows 10: Defender detects NVIDIA DRIVER GEFORCE EXPERIENCE UPDATE as trojan virus

Discus and support Defender detects NVIDIA DRIVER GEFORCE EXPERIENCE UPDATE as trojan virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. First things first, let me give my laptop specsASUS TUF FX505DTAMD Ryzen 5 3550H16GB RAM512GB SSDNVIDIA GTX 1650 and Radeon Vega Mobile... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SahikaHarris, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Defender detects NVIDIA DRIVER GEFORCE EXPERIENCE UPDATE as trojan virus

Hello. First things first, let me give my laptop specsASUS TUF FX505DTAMD Ryzen 5 3550H16GB RAM512GB SSDNVIDIA GTX 1650 and Radeon Vega Mobile integrated displayBefore I jumped in, let me tell you my question ticket before this post about my laptop. I don't know if it's related, but I'll just put this to give some insight.BSOD while playing genshin and adding second screenActually, the solution didn't work well, and it keeps BSOD, untill my friend told me to install MSI utility and make all the options as "undefined", and it works.The problem came again when I play Tower of Fantasy after 5

:)

SahikaHarris, Aug 15, 2022

2. Windows 10 - Nvidia GeForce - Update needed but Program doesn't open (Nvidia GeForce Experience)

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• What is the error code or error message?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia GeForce graphic card
    driver from the manufacturer website and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X key and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Display Adaptor” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Display Adaptor” and click on “uninstall" the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 15, 2022
  3. bvoss_600 Win User
    KB4467702 causing problems with Nvidia Geforce Experience and driver updates.

In case anyone else has had issues - KB4467702 caused issues updating drivers and reinstalling Nvidia Geforce Experience for me today. Both driver updates and installation of Geforce Experience failed. If you run into problems, uninstalling the update
    and reinstalling after driver updates will solve the issue.

bvoss_600, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Defender detects NVIDIA DRIVER GEFORCE EXPERIENCE UPDATE as trojan virus

Unable to un-install GeForce Experience

I currently have a Windows 10 laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce 970M gpu installed.

I am trying to uninstall the GeForce experience but cannot. I followed the directions in a similar post that stated to do the following:

As you are unable to un-install GeForce Experience software, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adaptors.
    • Right click on NVidia display card drivers and select Un-install.
    • Note: After selecting un-install you will get the message dialog box – Confirm Device un-install. Make sure you put a check mark that says Delete the driver software for this device
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the computer, computer will load generic display drivers.
    • Now go to Programs and features and check if GeForce Experience is listed under installed programs. If GeForce Experience is still listed, select it and click on Un-install and check
    I am still unable to uninstall the program and am currently trying to reinstall an updated driver.

What else can I do to remove the "experience" program?

Thank you

Daniel Toste, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Defender detects NVIDIA DRIVER GEFORCE EXPERIENCE UPDATE as trojan virus

1. Defender detects NVIDIA DRIVER GEFORCE EXPERIENCE UPDATE as trojan virus - Similar Threads - Defender detects NVIDIA

2. NVIDIA GeForce Experience failed to download drivers in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA GeForce Experience failed to download drivers in Windows 11: The downloading of NVIDIA Graphic Driver fails every time. To be more specific it doesn't even start the process of downloading. I saw other posts suggesting downloading the GeForce Experience from NVIDIA's website, I tried it but still the same issue. Any help? Thanks....
  3. NVIDIA GeForce Experience or ShadowPlay failed

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA GeForce Experience or ShadowPlay failed: [ATTACH]You may encounter the NVIDIA GeForce Experience or ShadowPlay failed error on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC when you run the NVIDIA installer on your device. This post provides the most suitable solutions affected PC users can apply to easily resolve the issue....
  4. Nvidia Geforce Experience Performance Tuning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvidia Geforce Experience Performance Tuning: Hey. This is just a simple doubt. i just made a geforce account, and i saw what great features it has. and i came across performance tuning. It told me it would overclock the gpu a little to boost performance, and fan speeds. Now, i have a laptop, the HP pavilion gaming 15...
  5. Can't install NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install NVIDIA GEFORCE EXPERIENCE: Hello ! Every one I Can't install NVidia GeForce experience. getting error telemetry client failed to install. I tried starting NVidia telemetry service and getting message. The nvidia telemetry service on local computer started and then stopped. some services stop...
  6. NVIDIA has released a security update for NVIDIA GeForce Experience

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA has released a security update for NVIDIA GeForce Experience: NVIDIA has released a software security update for NVIDIA® GeForce Experience™. This update addresses an issue that may lead to denial of service or escalation of privileges. To protect your system, download and install this software update through the GeForce Experience...
  7. Nvidia driver and Geforce experience cannot be installed

Nvidia driver and Geforce experience cannot be installed: i cant install geforce experience it gives me an error i tried every troubleshoot method none worked and i cant install the driver manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-driver-and-geforce-experience-cannot-be/8ea89ed7-5f87-4162-b373-a371a91574eb
  8. Cant install nvidia drivers and open nvidia geforce experience anymore !

Cant install nvidia drivers and open nvidia geforce experience anymore !: Hello , yesterday i was notified by geforce experience about a new driver , and i decided to install it , it failed many times , and after a restart on my pc , i was not even able to open nvidia gefroce experience , even with admin rights , it gave me an error like this -...
  9. Nvidia GeForce experience not working

Nvidia GeForce experience not working: After a recent windows update, Nvidia GeForce experience stopped working. Can anyone help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-geforce-experience-not-working/ea490ae1-61db-4358-abbc-a586ffef4d2a
  10. KB4467702 causing problems with Nvidia Geforce Experience and driver updates.

KB4467702 causing problems with Nvidia Geforce Experience and driver updates.: In case anyone else has had issues - KB4467702 caused issues updating drivers and reinstalling Nvidia Geforce Experience for me today. Both driver updates and installation of Geforce Experience failed. If you run into problems, uninstalling the update and reinstalling after...