Windows 10: Defender for Endpoint P2 migration to Defender for Business

Discus and support Defender for Endpoint P2 migration to Defender for Business in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; We currently have Defender for Endpoint P2 and would like to take advantage of Defender for Business that comes with Business Premium. We are concerned... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rob Condon, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Defender for Endpoint P2 migration to Defender for Business

We currently have Defender for Endpoint P2 and would like to take advantage of Defender for Business that comes with Business Premium. We are concerned what will happen when we drop the P2 license, will the configuration transition to Defender for Business or will we need to re-configure everything? Can anyone offer some insight or experience doing this?

:)

Rob Condon, Mar 15, 2022
  2. Easo Win User

Windows Defender vs. "cleaner or optimizer applications"

No one usually publicly says what AV they use. But, oh well, my own. 2k+ endpoints. Last bad experience was... 2.5 years ago, IIRC.
    Microsoft itself? 130k, if I am not mistaken. Eating their own dogfood on a massive scale.

You can also check r/sysadmin. The topic about what AV do you run floats around pretty often, someone always mentions Defender (or, well, mostly SCEP due to SCCM use, which is the same Defender, just controlled centrally).

3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on iOS is now generally available

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...e/ba-p/1962420

Download: Microsoft Defender ATP on the App Store

Brink, Mar 15, 2022
  4. Defender for Endpoint P2 migration to Defender for Business

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 15, 2022
Thema:

Defender for Endpoint P2 migration to Defender for Business

1. Defender for Endpoint P2 migration to Defender for Business - Similar Threads - Defender Endpoint migration

2. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices: Hi,Where can I find a list of best practice settings for Defender for Endpoint agent settings as defined by Group Policy?I am currently reviewing the settings my org uses, and would also like to know if I have missed any settings too.Best regards,Dan...
  3. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices: Hi,Where can I find a list of best practice settings for Defender for Endpoint agent settings as defined by Group Policy?I am currently reviewing the settings my org uses, and would also like to know if I have missed any settings too.Best regards,Dan...
  4. Defender for Endpoint - Best Practices

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Microsoft Defender for endpoint and manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender for endpoint and manager: Hello,I'm currently testing Defender as our AV solution to replace a 3rd party one. I have the connection to Intune setup and I've onboarded my test devices.I've also created an AV policy including a daily full scan at 10am.It's now almost 5pm, in the Defender portal my...
  6. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Hi Reader, Does Microsoft Defender for endpoint have application whitelisting functionality? Any recommended implementation article would be appreciated.Thank you....
  7. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Hi Reader, Does Microsoft Defender for endpoint have application whitelisting functionality? Any recommended implementation article would be appreciated.Thank you....
  8. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. microsoft defender for endpoint

microsoft defender for endpoint: Hi fam, please help Microsoft Defender for Endpoint does not show alerts at all. please help what might be the problem. * Moved from Health & Band https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-defender-for-endpoint/1dfa5bbd-396a-4cb9-9f2d-d55ae4c1cf2c
  10. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint for Server

Microsoft Defender for Endpoint for Server: Hello, I've been struggling to find this information and decided to post this here. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint formerly MDATP has the capability to isolate registered devices via a click in the MDATP portal. Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is now also available for...