Windows 10: Defender found Theats Question

Discus and support Defender found Theats Question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello All Went into Panic mode last night, after seeing Found Threats in Defender change from 0 Found Threats to -7438 Checked with MRT.exe... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMDMan2016, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Defender found Theats Question

Hello All

Went into Panic mode last night, after seeing Found Threats in Defender change from 0 Found Threats to -7438

Checked with MRT.exe
    Malwarebytes Free
    ADW Cleaner

Nothing found by any other program, System running perfectly fine--(Just Started using Defender full time after clean install of 1809 on October 3rd)

:)

AMDMan2016, Oct 31, 2018

2. windows defender

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The information provided by you is not enough for us to provide you troubleshooting step. So, I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to narrow down the issue.

• What issue you are facing with Windows Defender?
    • Are you willing to update Windows Defender?

I would suggest you to refer the article mentioned below to ask question on the forum. After referring to the article do get back to us with more information related to your issue and we will be happy to assist you.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Defender found Theats Question

Windows Defender on Windows 10

Hi Raj,

To isolate where this issue is coming from, we'd like to ask the following questions below:

• Are you trying to Turn on Defender using the Admin account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We found a similar issue posted on Microsoft Community, we suggest to check out the resolution provided by Jsssssssss. Here is the

link
    for your reference.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Martin Bar, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Defender found Theats Question

1. Defender found Theats Question - Similar Threads - Defender found Theats

2. Virus And Theat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus And Theat protection: Hi I am trying to check setting on pc but Virus And Theat protection are not openingi got the same eror every time can any1 help me pleas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-theat-protection/508665cd-e65b-4eab-9449-694596b2136b
  3. Virus And Theat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus And Theat protection: Hi I am trying to check setting on pc but Virus And Theat protection are not openingi got the same eror every time can any1 help me pleas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-theat-protection/508665cd-e65b-4eab-9449-694596b2136b
  4. Defender Firewall questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Firewall questions: Hi, As I am not a security expert, please assist me on responding to the below questions: 1. I am mostly and always using my laptop inside my LAN Home network and as you can see, Defender Firewall is set to use Public Network firewall as ACTIVE. Which means my laptop should...
  5. Windows Defender Question

Windows Defender Question: The screenshot shows my virus notification history using Windows Defender in Windows 10. 1. Do those notifications indicate the threat was removed? “Or Restored” has me confused. 2. If not, how can I remove the threats? Do I get a notification said threats were...
  6. Windows defender question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender question: So I just factory reset my laptop after concerns about a virus, after it was reset I ran a scan with windows defender and it said over 600k files were being scanned, but when it finished it said 300k were scanned. Is this normal or? submitted by /u/frogspin [link]...
  7. Microsoft defender question

Microsoft defender question: Hello, I have a question: I didn‘t notice that the microsoft defender tamper protection feature was disabled. So if I had a virus/malware, could it manipulates/tamper the microsoft defender detection system so it can‘t find that virus anymore? Even though I enable this...
  8. Virus and theat Protection settings

Virus and theat Protection settings: Good day, Please help me to fix my PC Windows defender for the virus and threat settings protection real time was turned off, and i could not turn it back on, everytime I click on the settings Windows defender to update, it always says "your virus and threat protection is...
  9. Windows Defender question

Windows Defender question: Why would the Virus & threat protection say "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization"? This is a "standalone" surface pro and not part of a network....
  10. Windows Defender question

Windows Defender question: Is it OK if I have ONLY the Real Time protection turned ON in Windows 10? Do I really need to have Cloud Based Protection enabled? thank you 66701