Windows 10: Defender Full Scans are very short and quick

Discus and support Defender Full Scans are very short and quick in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is this normal? My most recent Full Defender scan took 5 minutes. Why is this? Does Defender save or cache the already scanned files and mark them as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Defender Full Scans are very short and quick

Is this normal? My most recent Full Defender scan took 5 minutes. Why is this?
    Does Defender save or cache the already scanned files and mark them as safe so it does not need to re-scan them again?
    Would this be the reasoning?

If yes, how could I remove the already scanned cache? Where does Defender store these already scanned files if this would be the case?

:)

win10freak, Jan 14, 2020
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Windows Defender quick scan fails to complete

When I try to employ a "Quick Scan" procedure in Defender, the scan progress indicator, coloured green, stops half way and does not complete.

The files scanned number continues the count as if it is doing a full scan.

My Windows 10 updates are correct as our the virus definitions etc.

Any suggestions on why the "quick" scan fails to complete?

Thanks

[Original title: Windows 10 Defender]

Tony Lawrence, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Defender Full Scans are very short and quick

Windows Defender Quick Scan question

I just did a quick scan on my computer, when it was done in notifications area got message: Windows Defender scanned your PC At 1:42:10 on 2/28/2017 and took action against malicious software, but the windows defender screen said: Scan completed no threats
    detected during this scan. There is nothing listed in the history either, what does this mean?

JeanAnneSchmidt, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Defender Full Scans are very short and quick

1. Defender Full Scans are very short and quick - Similar Threads - Defender Full Scans

2. defender quick scan problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    defender quick scan problem: When I open Virus & threat protection it says a quick scan is due so I click on the icon and get a red ball with a white x through it and these 5 blue pips that continuously recycle. My tablet is just a couple of weeks old and I have no other security software on it - just...
  3. Windows Defender ; quick scan.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender ; quick scan.: When I start a scan on Windows Defender, it lasts around two minutes then stops scanning. Can anyone help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-quick-scan/f8f546ed-8728-418a-a754-eb4a7116ea89
  4. Defender using Quick Scan but I want Full Scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender using Quick Scan but I want Full Scan: I've scheduled a Defender weekly run (which wasn't easy) but I find that it's using the Quick Scan option. I'd like it to do the Full Scan option. I went to Microsoft's "help" pages but they just led me around in circles. I this possible? Or am I barking into the wind?...
  5. Windows Defender Quick Scan Very Very Slow in Winows 10s

Windows Defender Quick Scan Very Very Slow in Winows 10s: I have recently bought a laptop which is running Windows 10s. I have received an alert that I have to run a quick scan. I have tried to do so on several occasions but given up because it is so slow. As I am not allowed to download any other virus protection I can't use AVG...
  6. Defender Quick Scan not remembered

Defender Quick Scan not remembered: I keep seeing requests for quick scans every few days in Defender. Should be more time between requests. I checked the Defender log, and extracting from recent sequential Events 1151, I get this: 2020-02-16 Last quick scan age: 0 Last full scan age: 50 2020-02-17...
  7. Defenders Full Scan

Defenders Full Scan: I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I...
  8. Full Scan with Defender

Full Scan with Defender: I know how to select full scan, but have no idea how to start the full scan. HELP Please 129441
  9. Defender: no Full Scan

Defender: no Full Scan: Windows Defender tells me no action is needed. But when I use "Run a new advanced scan" nothing happens. No dialog to choose option for Full Scan. Terry, East Grinstead, UK Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)...
  10. Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows Defender - Quick Scan: Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option. My options are: Scan Advanced Scan Full Scan Custom Scan Windows Defender Offline scan Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete. Is a quick scan available? How do I restore this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i stop a quick scan

2. windows defender quick scan due

3. quick scan due windows 10