Windows 10: Defender giving false positve

Discus and support Defender giving false positve in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A user on another forum posted a utility program. FWIW Those of us with Windows Defender are getting a false positive detection of "win32/Detplock"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fireberd, Dec 12, 2016.

1. fireberd Win User

Defender giving false positve

A user on another forum posted a utility program. FWIW Those of us with Windows Defender are getting a false positive detection of "win32/Detplock" when we try to download the zip file. Those with other Security software (e.g. Trend Micro) do not get it. The security guru on that forum downloaded it, scanned both the Zip file and the .exe file with both Trend Micro and Malwarebytes and it was clean.

Here is a link to the forum thread and it includes a link to the utility download that Defender flags the false positive.

The Steel Guitar Forum :: View topic - Free Steel Guitar Chord and Note finder

:)

fireberd, Dec 12, 2016

2. get back a file defender thought a virus

Defender deleted? or however it works, some virus software puts files in a spot, I would like the file back. It is not a virus but can give false positives. Defender thought it a virus but avast doesnt. is there a way to retrieve the file?

MeJerryHudson, Dec 12, 2016
  3. How do I notify MS/Windows Defender of undetected malware

How to I report potential malware to windows defender?

I keep getting a false adobe flashplayer update from other than adobe.com and www.virustotal.com gives 6 malware hits on it yet windows defender scan does not find anything wrong.

JohnRandle, Dec 12, 2016
  4. Porthos Win User

Porthos, Dec 13, 2016
  5. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Add an exception for it under Configuration -> Updates and security -> Windows Defender

eLPuSHeR, Dec 13, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    Windows Defender's false positives are causing me to rethink using it. Another WinZip file (zipped using WinZip 19.5), that is a known good was flagged by Window Defender. However, the original file that was flagged was downloaded by a friend (who is in the computer security business) with Trend Micro, rezipped with WinZip and sent to me, and Defender had no issues with it.

fireberd, Dec 13, 2016
  7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Fortunately those false positives tend to go away after WD updates its definitions.

PS - You can also submit them as samples to MS and state that they are False Positives.

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Defender giving false positve - Similar Threads - Defender giving false

2. Windows Defender Bug - False Positive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Bug - False Positive: So off late our company software was getting a false positive from Windows' virus and threat protection where it gives a prompt "Windows has protected your PC" when you run the .exe. I have already submitted my .exe here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission and...
  3. Defender FullScanRequired = False

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender FullScanRequired = False: When I check the defender setting on my system using the powershell command Get-MpComputerStatus I see that the following settings for full scan. I haven't been able to find much info on why it shows my FullScanRequired = False and how to change it. I even tried...
  4. Defender FullScanRequired = False

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender FullScanRequired = False: When I check the defender setting on my system using the powershell command Get-MpComputerStatus I see that the following settings for full scan. I haven't been able to find much info on why it shows my FullScanRequired = False and how to change it. I even tried...
  5. False Windows Defender Warnings??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False Windows Defender Warnings??: I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right subject area, but....Running Win11 Home 22H2 22621.755. After running 2 updates today, KB5018341 and then KB5018496 and both showing successful installs, a few minutes after restart, I got an email from *** Email address is...
  6. False positive in Defender?

False positive in Defender?: Defender has just identified an alleged Script/Wacatc.B1Ml trojan in a zip file that has been on my system for many years. It didn't object to the unzipped version, a vbs file. I don't know where the zip file has been put, to send a sample and I can't remember how to send...
  7. Windows Defender False alarm

Windows Defender False alarm: C:\Program Files\Sandboxie-Plus\Sandboxie-Plus-Installer.exe This is Windows Defender False alarm. Please remove from alarms.Releases · sandboxie-plus/Sandboxie · GitHub...
  8. False Positve - File Scanning Frameworks

False Positve - File Scanning Frameworks: So does Microsoft have determine that if a file is a false positive or not by AI or do they actually employ human analysts? If they have human analyst, can one look at this again. This is File Scanning Frameworks for Malware Analysis and Incident Response, i.e. you are...
  9. Windows Defender False Positives

Windows Defender False Positives: I received an alarming message from WD which says all antivirus providers are disabled, which I think was a false positives. So I went on a check. And the result: [ATTACH] Protection is on, license is active and my firewall is on too. Can you tell why that message is...
  10. Windows Defender False Icon

Windows Defender False Icon: My Windows Defender Security Center indicates "Actions Recommended" but all sections are green ticked with no actions needed. Any answers to this? Help appreciated....