Windows 10: Defender good?

Discus and support Defender good? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, why does everyone say that the Defender is so good? These two videos say otherwise: And addition:[MEDIA] And: [MEDIA] And: On the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Benn1ty, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Benn1ty Win User

Defender good?

Hi, why does everyone say that the Defender is so good? These two videos say otherwise:

And addition:

And:

And: On the screenshot you can see that the detection is significantly worse compared to other anti-virus programs.

Defender good? 0_big.png

Avast, for example, detects 99.6%, whereas the Defender only detects 85.9%. Not so tingly, is it?

So which (free) antivirus should I use?

:)

Benn1ty, Jun 27, 2020

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 27, 2020
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Defender good?

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Defender good?

1. Defender good? - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Trying to login into Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to login into Microsoft Defender: I recently uninstalled Avast and downloaded Microsoft Defender on the Microsoft Store. I click on it and try to log in and it sends me to sign up for Office 365. I am not interested in and proceed to go forward in the process of logging in. I clicked on my account detail...
  3. Trying to login into Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to login into Microsoft Defender: I recently uninstalled Avast and downloaded Microsoft Defender on the Microsoft Store. I click on it and try to log in and it sends me to sign up for Office 365. I am not interested in and proceed to go forward in the process of logging in. I clicked on my account detail...
  4. Trying to login into Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?: please i would like to know when is Microsoft Defender Application Guard going to be discontinued? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-application-guard-being/bea7b2a1-81ea-4ad3-ab38-862b332e2890
  6. Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?

Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?: please i would like to know when is Microsoft Defender Application Guard going to be discontinued? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-application-guard-being/bea7b2a1-81ea-4ad3-ab38-862b332e2890
  7. Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery: How can I permanently disable the periodic virus scanning of Windows Defender when powered by battery? I'm using Windows 10 22H2. Such scans are becoming increasingly frequent on my laptop sometimes observed multiple times a day, and often take place when power supply is not...
  9. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery: How can I permanently disable the periodic virus scanning of Windows Defender when powered by battery? I'm using Windows 10 22H2. Such scans are becoming increasingly frequent on my laptop sometimes observed multiple times a day, and often take place when power supply is not...
  10. Disable periodic Defender scanning when using battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging