Windows 10: Defender - How to update automatically

Discus and support Defender - How to update automatically in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'd like to know how to configure Windows Defender to auto update.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by prombonas, May 18, 2019.

1. prombonas Win User

Defender - How to update automatically

I'd like to know how to configure Windows Defender to auto update.

:)

prombonas, May 18, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, May 18, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Defender - How to update automatically :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, May 18, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, May 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Defender - How to update automatically - Similar Threads - Defender update automatically

2. How to get windows defender to update automatically in Windows 8.1.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get windows defender to update automatically in Windows 8.1.: Hello,Is there a way to get windows Defender is update by itself so don’t need to keep checking manually ?Any help would be appreciated Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-get-windows-defender-to-update/21f12765-dbf5-49c3-8c80-ac0f135f7c28
  3. Automatic scan after defender update?

Automatic scan after defender update?: Hello, On my laptop, a quick scan is performed after each defender update. I wanted to set it up on the second laptop without Insider, which obviously doesn't do it, but I didn't figure out where to set it up. Please help Thank you...
  4. Automatic Update in Windows Defender

Automatic Update in Windows Defender: Hi I've wondered why Windows security just doesn't automatically update new anti virus updates as not everyone checks ? Safer all round [Original Title: Windows defender]...
  5. How to automatically download/ install Defender updates "ONLY"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to automatically download/ install Defender updates "ONLY": w10-64 bit on i5-Level8 pc. I have set my windows update so that any updates gives me windows notification, then I go to settings and click "download", then it downloads and automatically installs. This I have set so that huge windows updates of several MBs and GBs don't...
  6. Automatic Defender Updates

Automatic Defender Updates: I have my Defender setting to get automatic updates but every time I go to my computer (about once a week), it says my definitions are not updated. It is time consuming as well. Can anyone advise me about this? Thank you....
  7. Window Defender - How to Set it to Install Updates Automatically?

Window Defender - How to Set it to Install Updates Automatically?: I have Window Defender running and it checks for updates on Startup. I always tell it to update. How do I set it to update automatically when updates are available. I looked thru the program, but did not see an Option for that. Can someone Advise me? Thanks for any...
  8. Window Defender - How to Set it to Install Updates Automatically?

Window Defender - How to Set it to Install Updates Automatically?: I have Window Defender running and it checks for updates on Startup. I always tell it to update. How do I set it to update automatically when updates are available. I looked thru the program, but did not see an Option for that. Can someone Advise me? Thanks for any...
  9. defender automatic update and scan

defender automatic update and scan: first let me say I am on a metered network....so my automatic update of windows 10 operating system is switched off...only operates on my command altho the defender update says it is automatic.i have to prompt every time....is this because of my "switched off " status.......
  10. How to start Windows Defender automatically?

How to start Windows Defender automatically?: October 2016 Topic: How to start Windows Defender automatically? And more… Windows show this notification when booting: Windows Defender needs to scan your computer but they don't start the scan automatically. We must press "scan" to do that. -1- Microsoft already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check if windows defender has automatic updates

2. set windows defender to auto update

3. defender update automatically