Windows 10: Defender icon shows alert - How to clear that?

Discus and support Defender icon shows alert - How to clear that? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows which is great by the way. I have a question about the Windows Defender. It alerted me that my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Leechap, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Leechap Win User

Defender icon shows alert - How to clear that?

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Windows which is great by the way. I have a question about the Windows Defender. It alerted me that my disk space was low and offered to delete previous versions to free up space. Great did that and it freed up like 50 gigs on my SSD so great!

Now the Defender icon still has the yellow triangle there which I would have thought would have been removed as that was the only issue.

Tried to figure out how to "reset" it but could not find anything. Anybody know what to do?

Thanks

:)

Leechap, Apr 10, 2017

2. Settings Windows Update and Windows Defender

1. Yes it came with Windows 7 Home Premium.

2. The Defenders update button does what it is designed to do. (Search for update, downloads and then installs it when one is found).

3. Does not show computer at risk. When it did show, this cleared after a few minutes.

4. Not encountered "Windows Defender scanned your PC at [date & time] and took action against malicious software"
    prompts/alerts/notices recently.

Travelservice, Apr 10, 2017
  3. problem with windows defender.............

hello.....

I am using windows 10 home single language.......

in my pc windows defender is showing " ACTIONS RECOMENDED " but when I open it everything is clean and clear.......

but still it is showing some yellow color warning symbol on the windows defender icon in the taskbar.........

is that a kind of VIRUS ?

help me..................

somesh_1996, Apr 10, 2017
  4. Moutro Win User

It could be that you use a different antivirus software, which turns off windows defender. And that's why you get that triangle.

Moutro, Apr 10, 2017
  5. Leechap Win User
    Not the case here. There is no other antivirus software installed on this machine.

Leechap, Apr 10, 2017
  6. Moutro Win User
    When you open the Security Center, is there any notification?

Moutro, Apr 10, 2017
  7. Leechap Win User
    It has self-resolved. No action taken on my part.

Leechap, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Defender icon shows alert - How to clear that? - Similar Threads - Defender icon shows

2. Windows defender alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender alert: While working on my laptop this morning I was on Facebook. I clicked on something can't remember what tho and a screen came up saying Microsoft Defender had locked my PC due to a possible virus and to call 1 866 276-9140. It scared me so bad that I shut down my laptop. Then I...
  3. Windows defender alert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender alert: While working on my laptop this morning I was on Facebook. I clicked on something can't remember what tho and a screen came up saying Microsoft Defender had locked my PC due to a possible virus and to call 1 866 276-9140. It scared me so bad that I shut down my laptop. Then I...
  4. Windows defender alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. how to clear a locked defender scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to clear a locked defender scam: how do i clear a locked defender scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-a-locked-defender-scam/c20fca80-357e-4fe4-87f1-5c8848db33f0
  6. how to clear a locked defender scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to clear a locked defender scam: how do i clear a locked defender scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-a-locked-defender-scam/c20fca80-357e-4fe4-87f1-5c8848db33f0
  7. window defender showing threat alert to every usb drives

window defender showing threat alert to every usb drives: hi, my window defender shows virus alert or says virus found on every usb drives i insert and automatically deletes all the files. is there any solution for this problem...
  8. How to clear Defender Detection History

How to clear Defender Detection History: Split from this thread. how did you do it. i have been trying for weeks can you plz be vary detailed and explain it to me. I'm vary new to using a computer. this would truly make my day....
  9. How do I clear "Activation is about to expire" alert?

How do I clear "Activation is about to expire" alert?: My computer came preinstalled with windows 10. The programme got corrupted and I had windows 10 reinstalled recently. After some time "activation is about to expire" alert has been flashing repeatedly. Help....
  10. Windows Defender Alert Notifications

Windows Defender Alert Notifications: My Windows Defender icon on my task bar shows an alert notification and says "actions recommended." But when I open the Windows Defender Security Center, none of the categories show an alert symbol. Why would these not be synced with one another?...