Windows 10: Defender is hogging almost 200 MB of memory

Discus and support Defender is hogging almost 200 MB of memory in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; And my laptop is running kind of slow and I don't wanna disable it how do I solve this submitted by /u/XIIES [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XIIES, Nov 9, 2019.

1. /u/XIIES Win User

Defender is hogging almost 200 MB of memory

And my laptop is running kind of slow and I don't wanna disable it how do I solve this

submitted by /u/XIIES
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XIIES, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Georgz Win User

Windows Defender hogs memory, what is best solution?

I have always used Windows Defender until I found my PC running too slow. I looked at the operations and Defender was near the top of the list. I read about it hogging memory and shut it off. My PC ran like a dream.

I stay clear from Bitdefender, Avast and others because of malware and advertising hi-jinx.

I found the following post on the issue (It appears dangerous to try without better directions)

Thanks,

Georgz, Nov 9, 2019
  3. 9Dolphin Win User
    I solved "audiodg.exe is leaking memory on HP Zbook Windows 7"

I think I solved "audiodg.exe is leaking memory on HP Zbook Windows 7".

Here's what I discovered and performed:

1. Do not use Zbook’s [Fn] [f8] button to turn off microphone – as it will trigger audiodg.exe to increasingly hog memory to as much as 8GB on Windows 7.
    2. Websites such as youtube.com running on browser will also trigger audiodg.exe to increasingly hog memory to as much as 8GB.
    3. If you need to turn off microphone, use Windows 7 “Speakers” /”Volume Mixer” to mute it or to mute sounds.
    4. If audiodg.exe hogs over 200 MB of memory – shut it down using Windows task manager -> “Services tab” -> stop AudioSrv.
      Then restart it. Audiodg.exe memory usage will drop back down to 25MB.

1. Run Windows app “DTS Audio Control Panel”
      . Disable “Beam Forming” and “Audio Enhancement”.

9Dolphin, Nov 9, 2019
  4. bejoyk.s. Win User

My phone has been upgraded to windows 10. Now the phone memory is fluctuating in 100 to 200 mb. occupied by system reserves. what to do?

My (LUMIA 640XL) has been upgraded to windows 10. Now the Now the phone memory is flatuating in 100 to 200 mb. occupied by system reserves. what to do? any suggestion!

Moved from Community Participation Center

bejoyk.s., Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Defender is hogging almost 200 MB of memory - Similar Threads - Defender hogging almost

2. Why is my entire desktop almost 200% larger?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my entire desktop almost 200% larger?: Hello, when I turned on my windows 10 computer everything was all of a sudden almost 200% larger and i do not know how to fix this or even what caused this, any help would be very appreciated. Thanks....
  3. Why is my entire desktop almost 200% larger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my entire desktop almost 200% larger?: Hello, when I turned on my windows 10 computer everything was all of a sudden almost 200% larger and i do not know how to fix this or even what caused this, any help would be very appreciated. Thanks....
  4. Why is my entire desktop almost 200% larger?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Defender Using 200 MB of RAM for few days.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Using 200 MB of RAM for few days.: Hello everyone, I hope you are having a nice day.My problem is Windows Defender, with it using about 200 - 300 MB at times even when my computer is idle, I have tried googling things and have foundno end to this problem.Is there anything I can do about this?Thank you!** I...
  6. Windows Defender Using 200 MB of RAM for few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Using 200 MB of RAM for few days.: Hello everyone, I hope you are having a nice day.My problem is Windows Defender, with it using about 200 - 300 MB at times even when my computer is idle, I have tried googling things and have foundno end to this problem.Is there anything I can do about this?Thank you!** I...
  7. Windows Defender Using 200 MB of RAM for few days.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. vmmem hogging memory !!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    vmmem hogging memory !!!: This process in hogging 5gb of ram in suspended state.. how do i get rid of it ? my virtual machines are off.. hyper v machines are off.. still it wont go away.. HELP !!! No wonder people prefer linux now !!! RAM HOGGER submitted by /u/gauravsood1991 [link] [comments]...
  9. I've done everything possible to stop Windows Defender from hogging Memory and nothing is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've done everything possible to stop Windows Defender from hogging Memory and nothing is...: I've added MsMpEng.exe to exclusions in Windows Security Settings, and I've unchecked 'run with highest privlieges' yet Antimalware Service Executable continues to take up over 100 mb of memory. Is there anything else I can do? submitted by /u/osowavy [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows Defender hogs memory, what is best solution?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender hogs memory, what is best solution?: I have always used Windows Defender until I found my PC running too slow. I looked at the operations and Defender was near the top of the list. I read about it hogging memory and shut it off. My PC ran like a dream. I stay clear from Bitdefender, Avast and others because...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender hogging resources