Windows 10: Defender is hogging almost 200 MB of memory

Discus and support Defender is hogging almost 200 MB of memory in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; And my laptop is running kind of slow and I don't wanna disable it how do I solve this submitted by /u/XIIES [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XIIES, Nov 9, 2019.

1. /u/XIIES Win User

Defender is hogging almost 200 MB of memory

And my laptop is running kind of slow and I don't wanna disable it how do I solve this

submitted by /u/XIIES
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XIIES, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Georgz Win User

Windows Defender hogs memory, what is best solution?

I have always used Windows Defender until I found my PC running too slow. I looked at the operations and Defender was near the top of the list. I read about it hogging memory and shut it off. My PC ran like a dream.

I stay clear from Bitdefender, Avast and others because of malware and advertising hi-jinx.

I found the following post on the issue (It appears dangerous to try without better directions)

Thanks,

Georgz, Nov 9, 2019
  3. 9Dolphin Win User
    I solved "audiodg.exe is leaking memory on HP Zbook Windows 7"

I think I solved "audiodg.exe is leaking memory on HP Zbook Windows 7".

Here's what I discovered and performed:

1. Do not use Zbook’s [Fn] [f8] button to turn off microphone – as it will trigger audiodg.exe to increasingly hog memory to as much as 8GB on Windows 7.
    2. Websites such as youtube.com running on browser will also trigger audiodg.exe to increasingly hog memory to as much as 8GB.
    3. If you need to turn off microphone, use Windows 7 “Speakers” /”Volume Mixer” to mute it or to mute sounds.
    4. If audiodg.exe hogs over 200 MB of memory – shut it down using Windows task manager -> “Services tab” -> stop AudioSrv.
      Then restart it. Audiodg.exe memory usage will drop back down to 25MB.

1. Run Windows app “DTS Audio Control Panel”
      . Disable “Beam Forming” and “Audio Enhancement”.

9Dolphin, Nov 9, 2019
  4. bejoyk.s. Win User

My phone has been upgraded to windows 10. Now the phone memory is fluctuating in 100 to 200 mb. occupied by system reserves. what to do?

My (LUMIA 640XL) has been upgraded to windows 10. Now the Now the phone memory is flatuating in 100 to 200 mb. occupied by system reserves. what to do? any suggestion!

Moved from Community Participation Center

bejoyk.s., Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Defender is hogging almost 200 MB of memory - Similar Threads - Defender hogging almost

2. Defender Offline and Memory Integrity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Offline and Memory Integrity: Why does everyone just say HOW to start Memory Integrity instead of explaining why those Instructions may not work and why does Defender Offline Scan not work, not finish, not show any result????s...I have asked these questions since December 8th....so I just want to...
  3. Links 200

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Links 200: I am trying to install Links 2001. It seems to install. When I try to play I get a message to insert disk 1. But it doesn't recognize disk one. How can I play tis game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-200/ce3a5684-ca4c-416d-a35f-bfac81e214b7
  4. I've done everything possible to stop Windows Defender from hogging Memory and nothing is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've done everything possible to stop Windows Defender from hogging Memory and nothing is...: I've added MsMpEng.exe to exclusions in Windows Security Settings, and I've unchecked 'run with highest privlieges' yet Antimalware Service Executable continues to take up over 100 mb of memory. Is there anything else I can do? submitted by /u/osowavy [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 on 256 mb memory and p3 900 mhz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 on 256 mb memory and p3 900 mhz: Works 256 mb ram and pentium iii 900 mhz on Windows 10 version 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-256-mb-memory-and-p3-900-mhz/90c975a0-3602-459f-b7e1-63458a60c9bb
  6. 200

in Windows 10 Customization
    200: unlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/200/492c36e1-ea2f-4078-aeb5-2c0a2ad7d516
  7. Windows Defender hogging resources and bogging down my computer

Windows Defender hogging resources and bogging down my computer: I had thought that perhaps some malware infected my computer and I open up task manager and the resources are being hogged by Windows Defender itself, which seems to be a bit of malware itself. Specifically something called Antimalware Service Executable. I have read the...
  8. Windows Defender hogs memory, what is best solution?

Windows Defender hogs memory, what is best solution?: I have always used Windows Defender until I found my PC running too slow. I looked at the operations and Defender was near the top of the list. I read about it hogging memory and shut it off. My PC ran like a dream. I stay clear from Bitdefender, Avast and others because...
  9. Almost if not everday Defender updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Almost if not everday Defender updates: I'm running Defender as my one and only security software. No complaints with its performance yet I am mystified by the constant updates. I do not run my PC 24/7 so when it is up there are numerous Defender updates pending. Almost if not, one for each day. Is this normal for...
  10. How can I end memory hogging of System and Antimalware Service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I end memory hogging of System and Antimalware Service: How can I end memory hogging of System and Antimalware Service Executable? [img] 36413