Windows 10: Defender is no longer updating daily definitions and warns me that it's out of date. What...

Discus and support Defender is no longer updating daily definitions and warns me that it's out of date. What... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know what happened, but for some reason my Defender is no longer updating the daily definitions. It warns me every day that it is out of date.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ThePizzaDeliveryBoy, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Defender is no longer updating daily definitions and warns me that it's out of date. What...

I don't know what happened, but for some reason my Defender is no longer updating the daily definitions. It warns me every day that it is out of date. Of course I could manually update, but I shouldn't have to do that. The thing is there is no master reset or something to get it to work like normal again. I'm actually surprised the system isn't seeing that Defender is not updating and then doing something to get Defender updating to protect the system overall? If defender knows it is not up to date and there is nothing stopping it from updating - why doesn't it just force it self to push through an update? I haven't disabled anything to stop it from updating.

submitted by /u/ThePizzaDeliveryBoy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ThePizzaDeliveryBoy, Feb 15, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Definition updates for Windows Defender no longer show up on history?

They no longer are listed under View your update history page.
    All installed WD definitions go directly to Windows Defender.
    If you open WD and click Update tab at the top, you'll see the latest definition listed as well as the date and time installed.

davidhk, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Defender is no longer updating daily definitions and warns me that it's out of date. What...

Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Defender is no longer updating daily definitions and warns me that it's out of date. What...

1. Defender is no longer updating daily definitions and warns me that it's out of date. What... - Similar Threads - Defender longer updating

2. Windows Defender daily Occamy.C dll warnings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender daily Occamy.C dll warnings: [ATTACH] Every day Windows Defender finds a new Occamy.C trojan in my E drive. I manually went through the drive and there is nothing suspicious (hidden files are set to visible), I did a full PC scan and E drive only scan with both Defender and Malwarebytes, including an...
  3. Windows Defender protection definition is out of date. When I ask to update, its not...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender protection definition is out of date. When I ask to update, its not...: Hi, Windows Defender protection definition is out of date. When I ask to update, its not getting done. With a high internet speed also, its not getting done after so many hours... Pls support. Thanks, Rajesh Gopinath [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows Defender Offline definitions out of date (again)

Windows Defender Offline definitions out of date (again): I used to use the file .iso of Windows Defender Offline (WDO) created by "mssstool32.exe" and "mssstool64.exe" during years without problems. The last week, I updated the .iso file as usual, but when itried to use it, it doesn´t work because "definitions out of date" and It...
  5. definition updates for defender

definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  6. definition updates for defender

in Windows 10 Support
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  7. Malwarebytes uninstall, Now Windows Defender Protection definitions are out of date

Malwarebytes uninstall, Now Windows Defender Protection definitions are out of date: Wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the specific fix for this issue. [ATTACH] After running Update: [ATTACH] But the warning stays. I have gone through numerous other posts and tried Removal Tools, Registry Edits , although I was confused with...
  8. Updating Defender Definitions.

Updating Defender Definitions.: can't update the definition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/updating-defender-definitions/01d2f8f4-51bd-48f3-b7d7-03f00f5c959d
  9. virus definitions daily update size

virus definitions daily update size: Recently, the daily update size seems to have jumped from a few MBs tot 40-50 MBs. Is this correct? I use a mobile connection allowing me to use 10GB monthly, so 1,5GB just for virus definitions updates is noticeably restricting my access to the internet. Any suggestions?...
  10. windows defender definitions out of date

windows defender definitions out of date: but I did a manual update just now and did not get any error message and windows update says it is up to date nevertheless, WD reports it is out of date. but it shows green bar at top. and after a restart, when I go to WD settings it says that cloud and sample...