Windows 10: Defender isn't allowing me to save a Worfd DOC

Discus and support Defender isn't allowing me to save a Worfd DOC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I have exactly the same problem using Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.529 and Office 2019. I have C:\Users\MyName\Documents... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnGreenleaf, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Defender isn't allowing me to save a Worfd DOC

Split from this thread.​

I have exactly the same problem using Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.529 and Office 2019.

I have C:\Users\MyName\Documents and C:\Users\MyName\AddData\Roaming\Microsft\Word listed in Protected Folders.

Winword.exe C:\Rogram Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16 is in the Allowed apps list.

The only way I can save a document is with Controlled folder access turned off.

:)

JohnGreenleaf, Jun 13, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Keifer22 Win User
    Controlled Folder Access is not letting me save any files I work on since this last critical update. Defender will also not allow me to install any programs.

Tried to save word docs and also JPGs in photoshop after the update today and the computer will not save them stating the files were not found. Some warnings suggested going to Controlled Folder Access and allowing those programs to save modified files.
    I did that and Defender will still not allow any files to be modified or saved.

Keifer22, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Defender isn't allowing me to save a Worfd DOC

My radeon HD 8670m graphics card isn´t useable, after windows 10 update

Hi Cadwell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the machine?

I suggest you to install the latest graphics drivers from AMD Drivers and Support
    and see if it works. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics.

If the drivers fail to install, the possible causes could be:

• Missing critical or recommended Windows Updates.
    • Graphics driver and software conflicts.
    • False positives blocked by anti-virus software.

Make sure, all the Windows Updates are installed and follow the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Troubleshooting Common AMD Graphics Driver Installation Problems and check if it works.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Defender isn't allowing me to save a Worfd DOC

1. Defender isn't allowing me to save a Worfd DOC - Similar Threads - Defender isn't allowing

2. Windows Defender or Fire Wall is causing my software to not allow me to save.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender or Fire Wall is causing my software to not allow me to save.: Hello, I was in the middle of working on a project for my business and the system had been working fine with Zbrush from 5am 1/29/24 till about 1:30 pm 1/29/24 when it unexpectedly came up with an error stating that the Anti-virus software was preventing me from saving my...
  3. saving a doc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    saving a doc: I have a lot of OneDrive folders, and when I go to save a new document or save an attachment in a mail message, the window that pops up automatically jumps to "This PC" EVERY TIME which sits at the BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW, very very far away from my "Quick Access" pinned folders...
  4. saving a doc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    saving a doc: I have a lot of OneDrive folders, and when I go to save a new document or save an attachment in a mail message, the window that pops up automatically jumps to "This PC" EVERY TIME which sits at the BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW, very very far away from my "Quick Access" pinned folders...
  5. IF I SCAN IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IF I SCAN IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE: HELP! AFTER SCANNING THE DOCS. IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-scan-its-not-allowing-me-to-save/b03cd8c6-13d5-412e-b588-9af1469840c9
  6. Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Firewall will not save "allowed app" rules: I am having a persistent, ongoing problem with allowing apps through Windows Defender Firewall (Windows 10 Pro 1809). Basically, the firewall is not remembering when I add an app to the list. From the control panel I am going to "Allow apps to communicate through Windows...
  7. Defender isn't allowing me to save a Word DOC

Defender isn't allowing me to save a Word DOC: Split from this thread. I have exactly the same problem using Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.529 and Office 2019. I have C:\Users\MyName\Documents and C:\Users\MyName\AddData\Roaming\Microsft\Word listed in Protected Folders. Winword.exe C:\Rogram Files\Microsoft...
  8. Defender isn't allowing me to save Word doc.

Defender isn't allowing me to save Word doc.: Why does Defender block me from saving a Word doc? It gives msg. "Unauthorized changes blocked. Controlled folder access blocked. c/programs....winword\exe from making changes to folder ..."...
  9. windows defender allowed threat isn't saved

windows defender allowed threat isn't saved: I allowed a threat through windows defender but It eventually gets removed from allowed threats and reappear waiting for me to take actions. I don't intend to exclude it because it won't get detected even if it got infected with other malware. I only want to allow this...
  10. How to allow Save as through windows defender

How to allow Save as through windows defender: When i right click a picture on a website and try to save i get this error... [img] I know how to turn off windows defender protected folder but i would like to leave that on but just download pictures now and again. I know you can add programs that WD can allow...