Windows 10: Defender isn't allowing me to save Word doc.

Discus and support Defender isn't allowing me to save Word doc. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why does Defender block me from saving a Word doc? It gives msg. "Unauthorized changes blocked. Controlled folder access blocked.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by froggylu, May 24, 2019.

1. froggylu Win User

Defender isn't allowing me to save Word doc.

Why does Defender block me from saving a Word doc? It gives msg. "Unauthorized changes blocked. Controlled folder access blocked. c/programs....winword\exe from making changes to folder ..."

:)

froggylu, May 24, 2019

2. saved doc on word.

I have saved a doc on word. I see that it is saved but can't open it. What do I need to do?

CharlotteGiven, May 24, 2019
  3. Keifer22 Win User
    Controlled Folder Access is not letting me save any files I work on since this last critical update. Defender will also not allow me to install any programs.

Tried to save word docs and also JPGs in photoshop after the update today and the computer will not save them stating the files were not found. Some warnings suggested going to Controlled Folder Access and allowing those programs to save modified files.
    I did that and Defender will still not allow any files to be modified or saved.

Keifer22, May 24, 2019
  4. Defender isn't allowing me to save Word doc.

Problem Saving Microsoft Word Docs

I have no problem opening the Microsoft Word app, however, when I go to save the doc created it will not save the doc. Can anyone give me a resolution?

SteveGlickman, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Defender isn't allowing me to save Word doc.

1. Defender isn't allowing me to save Word doc. - Similar Threads - Defender isn't allowing

2. saving a doc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    saving a doc: I have a lot of OneDrive folders, and when I go to save a new document or save an attachment in a mail message, the window that pops up automatically jumps to "This PC" EVERY TIME which sits at the BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW, very very far away from my "Quick Access" pinned folders...
  3. Word docs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word docs: all my docs have changed to wordpad - i need word - how do i change them all back to word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/14b35def-7d81-4b36-a574-49820a43b449
  4. Save Word doc on Windows for Mac

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save Word doc on Windows for Mac: I just tried saving a file, the same way I have done for years and am now getting an error code and cannot save a file.[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-word-doc-on-windows-for-mac/c39779b3-a69f-416f-a436-92c425c7f203"
  5. Defender isn't allowing me to save a Word DOC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender isn't allowing me to save a Word DOC: Split from this thread. I have exactly the same problem using Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.529 and Office 2019. I have C:\Users\MyName\Documents and C:\Users\MyName\AddData\Roaming\Microsft\Word listed in Protected Folders. Winword.exe C:\Rogram Files\Microsoft...
  6. Defender isn't allowing me to save a Worfd DOC

Defender isn't allowing me to save a Worfd DOC: Split from this thread. I have exactly the same problem using Windows 10 1809 Build 17763.529 and Office 2019. I have C:\Users\MyName\Documents and C:\Users\MyName\AddData\Roaming\Microsft\Word listed in Protected Folders. Winword.exe C:\Rogram Files\Microsoft...
  7. word docs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    word docs: I just renewed my $99 subscription, and yet I still can NOT access my MSWord docs to edit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-docs/4c72539b-d66b-48de-afbc-94febd147180
  8. windows defender allowed threat isn't saved

windows defender allowed threat isn't saved: I allowed a threat through windows defender but It eventually gets removed from allowed threats and reappear waiting for me to take actions. I don't intend to exclude it because it won't get detected even if it got infected with other malware. I only want to allow this...
  9. Cant save MS Word docs

Cant save MS Word docs: Since i have upgraded to Win 10 i can no longer save any documents i create with MS Word. I try to save and this error messages pops up every time, and now i cant save any projects i create. 22458
  10. Can't save word possessor docs.

Can't save word possessor docs.: When I create a doc in MS Word 2013, WordPerfect 12 or Open Office 4.1.1 and click "Save As", a small screen pops up and says "You don't have permission to save in this location. Contact administrator to obtain permission. Never had this problem in transitions with 95, 98, XP...