Windows 10: defender issues after creator update

Discus and support defender issues after creator update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i got an 'unknown usb device (set address failed)', which was noticed when I checked defender... I also cannot enable the defender threat service...... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by maarkr, Apr 11, 2017.

1. maarkr Win User

defender issues after creator update

i got an 'unknown usb device (set address failed)', which was noticed when I checked defender...
    I also cannot enable the defender threat service... clicking restart does nothing.

i uninstalled the device and restarted, but didn't fix it, altho the WSC icon shows 'no actions needed' now. Tried to update driver but it was good. Quick Scan won't run. I have Malwarebytes free installed but not active.

ideas? got this on inspecting the event: Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0004\6&cc8d8ff&0&2 was migrated.

:)

maarkr, Apr 11, 2017

2. Windows Defender Health Report Can't Be Disabled After Creators Update

Hi there,

I found an issue with Windows Defender after Creators Update.

The health report can not be ignored or changed.

It keeps saying that I need to set Sleep time and lower Adjust my screen brightness.

The Defender is with an Exclamation Mark although my PC is in perfect state.

Please consider this issue.

Regards,

Vladimir

VladimirGrozev, Apr 11, 2017
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Windows Defender issues following Windows10 Creator Update Version 1703

After Windows10; Creator Update version 1703 was installed...when I open Windows Defender it takes almost a full minute before it opens so I can veiw it. Prior to this Update, it opened immediately.

Anyone else experience this issue following the 1703 Update? Is there someting that can/should be done to accelerate Defender opening as it did prior to the Windows10 1703 Update?

denmarfl, Apr 11, 2017
  4. defender issues after creator update

Hi maarkr

First off I would uninstall Malwarebytes. For testing. I know you said it is not doing real time protection buyt give it a try.

Once uninstalled, restart. See how or if behaviour changes.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 12, 2017
  5. maarkr Win User
    uninstalled, no change

maarkr, Apr 12, 2017
  6. Phone Man Win User
    New Component Package 1.0.103 released today to fix problem with MB 3 disables Windows Defender in Creators Update.

The initial workaround was to set MB 3 option for Windows Action Center to never.

CP update will be pushed through MB updates.

Check the Action Center to see if MB is still listed?
    Did you try a restart after removing MB.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Apr 12, 2017
  7. maarkr Win User
    MB completely uninstalled with third party uninstaller and restarted.
    Virus and Threat Protection in WDSC greyed out.

maarkr, Apr 12, 2017
  8. defender issues after creator update

Caledon Ken, Apr 12, 2017
  9. maarkr Win User
    please, I've been thru every process and service and NO av products are running, nor was MB active when I updated to Win10 CU. I only ran it to perform a monthly check for malware. It is completely uninstalled.

The WDSC says my device is being protected, but Virus and Threat Protection is x's out and the Restart button is greyed out. Firewall and App icons are OK. In the Virus tab, Scan History shows no threats found, yet quick scan is grey, and when clicked, it says QS running, but no time elapsed and 0 files scanned. Real time and cloud based protection is enabled, but I cannot enable Auto Sample Submission.

maarkr, Apr 12, 2017
  10. I agree but what I think has happened is Malwarebytes corrupted something. It was installed and now that it has been removed Defender isn't acknowledging that it has been removed.

I wonder if this wouldn't be the time to run a repair / in place upgrade to repair the installation.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

I would have my data files backed up, just in case.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 13, 2017
  11. Phone Man Win User
    • You may want to try MB-Clean tool and see it that helps.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topi...mb-clean-tool/

Latest version is 2.4.1.1015.

Recommended procedure:

Download the latest version of MB-CLEAN by clicking the link above
    • Close all open applications
    • Double-click and run mb-clean.exe

• A prompt with an option to clean up the system will appear:
    • Yes - will proceed with backing up the license key (Malwarebytes 3.x only) and initiating the cleanup process

• No - will exit the utility

• Once the cleanup process is completed, a prompt will appear:
    • Yes – will proceed and post reboot you will be prompted to continue with the downloading, installation and activation of latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x

• No – will exit the utility and you will not be prompted (post reboot) to download, reinstall and re-activate (not recommended)
      • We recommend rebooting immediately. Additionally, stopping at this step is not recommended and will most likely not resolve your issue(s).

• Upon reboot, a prompt will appear:
    • Yes - will download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x

• No - will exit the utility and the cleanup process is complete
      • Choose this option if you do not want to download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x

• A log file ("mb-clean-results.txt") will be on your desktop

Phone Man, Apr 13, 2017
  12. maarkr Win User
    thanks for the ideas but I never thought it had to do with the MB.

after a hard restart, I got a message saying that WD was disabled by group policy. Logged into the gpedit.msc thru cmd prompt admin, and found a setting that turned off WD... disabled it and voila~! WD works, I can scan, etc.

I still have the issue with a bad usb device that I'm trying to trace.

maarkr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

defender issues after creator update

1. defender issues after creator update - Similar Threads - defender issues creator

2. After Creator Update Conflict Between Malwarebytes & Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    After Creator Update Conflict Between Malwarebytes & Windows Defender: I installed the Creator Update yesterday. Today I noticed Defender didn't update definitions. I opened the Security Center, and it's reading my installed Malwarebytes 3 Premium as "..other antivirus provider.." [img] [img] Before the update, I was under the impression...
  3. More Edge issues after Fall Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    More Edge issues after Fall Creators Update: Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place, and thanks in advance for your help. computers are dell inspiron laptops, i7 processors, less than a year old, updated to fc. First a suggestion: is there a single thread for problems with major Windows updates, like the fall...
  4. Chrome Issues With Creators Update.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Issues With Creators Update.: Just an FYI, since several users are posting about these issues on the Google Chrome help forum: Issue #1: After installing the Creators Update, my extension icons mysteriously disappeared and Chrome would lock up if I tried to install/uninstall/reinstall any extension....
  5. Graphics Issues after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Issues after Creators Update: I run 3 monitors with my system: Monitor 1 (HP LE2201w) is driven via graphics card VGA output at 1050x1680 resolution. Monitor 2 (BenQ GW2765) is driven via graphics card DisplayPort output at 2560x1440 resolution. Monitor 3 (BenQ GW2765) is driven via graphics card...
  6. Brightness Issue after creators update.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brightness Issue after creators update.: Okay so I have noticed that when I go into a game such as Resident Evil 7 full screen or Dark souls 3 and some other games into full screen mode the game will get really bright or when I exit back to desktop it will be really bright. However if I run a game in borderless...
  7. Small issue after upgrading to creator's update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Small issue after upgrading to creator's update: So I just have this error in the event viewer ever since I upgraded to win 10 creators update. Event 7000 Service Control Manager The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The request is not supported. Any idea what service is this tied to?Or why...
  8. Creators updates new issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators updates new issues.: Okay so here are some issues I have encountered. I'am getting the "Session "Microsoft.Windows.UniversalNotificationPlatform" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022" error which is being caused by Windows Update and Privacy settings. I could uninstall it but...
  9. Myriad of issues after Creator update

in Windows 10 Support
    Myriad of issues after Creator update: Hey folks, I have been having some rather annoying issued as of installing the Creator update. These issues include: -Incredibly slow boot time -Disk usage maxing out whenever a program is launched -Incredibly slow browser speeds (Using Waterfox. Chrome seems to function...
  10. Creator update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator update issues: I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all...