Windows 10: Defender keeps finding the same "Trojan downloader"

Discus and support Defender keeps finding the same "Trojan downloader" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For the past week Defender has been going off for a TrojanDownloader:O97M/Donoff or TrojanDownloader:O97M/Dornoe.C!ams. I'm not sure how to stop this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Supra, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Supra Win User

Defender keeps finding the same "Trojan downloader"

For the past week Defender has been going off for a TrojanDownloader:O97M/Donoff or TrojanDownloader:O97M/Dornoe.C!ams. I'm not sure how to stop this happening, I don't download random email attachments or anything like that but the description of it seems to suggest that's how it's executed. Malwarebytes isn't finding anything else besides PUPs.

The location always seems to be in a similar area in AppData:
    PHP Code: C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\75\Facture_Num_J691534[673].doc
    Not sure what to do with this one. I feel like it might be a false positive, but then I don't know where the docs are coming from.

:)

Supra, Sep 17, 2018
  2. B_111 Win User

Defender locates trojan win32/Dynamer!ac but cant remove it

Bruce,

Thanks for the link. When I run step 1, tdsskiller it does not find the trojan. It looks like this progam is only scanning disk c, defender is locating the trojan on disk d.

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

B_111, Sep 17, 2018
  3. MEGGG100 Win User
    Trojans

Windows Defender is not getting rid of the Trojans. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thank you

MEGGG100, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Defender keeps finding the same "Trojan downloader"

Defender finds trojan win32/dyamer!ac

I have an HP lap top,using win10 update . Defender finds a Trojan win32/Dynamer!ac, @ DDefender keeps finding the same "Trojan downloader" :preload\install.wim->(image34226)\program files(x86\HP games\crazy\chicken soccer\moorhuhn-soccer-WT.exe-7(EXEEmb).which keeps coming back Defender comes up with error
    code 0x80508023. microsoft safety scanner cannot fully remove the infected file & stops @D:\preload\updateReagentXML.vbs after 04.47 hrs runtime can you help please Thank you TD

anthonydrew, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Defender keeps finding the same "Trojan downloader"

1. Defender keeps finding the same "Trojan downloader" - Similar Threads - Defender keeps finding

2. Windows Defender keeps finding the same Trojan again and again from a non-existent drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender keeps finding the same Trojan again and again from a non-existent drive.: It's not really annoying, merely funny that Windows Defender keeps telling me that it has found Trojan:Script/Phonzy.C!ml from my I: drive. That's funny because it's the letter of an USB drive which I haven't had connected for days. It keeps finding file: I:\new folder.lnkI...
  3. Windows Defender keeps finding the same Trojan again and again from a non-existent drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender keeps finding the same Trojan again and again from a non-existent drive.: It's not really annoying, merely funny that Windows Defender keeps telling me that it has found Trojan:Script/Phonzy.C!ml from my I: drive. That's funny because it's the letter of an USB drive which I haven't had connected for days. It keeps finding file: I:\new folder.lnkI...
  4. Windows Defender keeps finding the same Trojan again and again from a non-existent drive.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Trojan downloader file keeps showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trojan downloader file keeps showing up: Hello, I keep having to remove a trojan downloader file that shows up in my threats that doesn't seem to be affecting my PC I'm sure I haven't been hacked or anything, what can I do to prevent these files from keep showing up? submitted by /u/DarkMatterLuigi [link]...
  6. Microsoft Defender Finds Trojan But in Virustotal Microsoft Defender Does not Find

Microsoft Defender Finds Trojan But in Virustotal Microsoft Defender Does not Find: Hello, As I told in subject I have 1 exe file. I scan the exe file through Microsoft Defender and it finds a Trojan:Win32/Zpevdo.B . So I decided to try also VirusTotal and see which other Virus Protector Applications see virus inside. However , I found a very strange thing...
  7. Windows Defender and Trojan

Windows Defender and Trojan: Hello. I just was alerted by Windows Defender that there was a Trojan on my pc. I removed it and ran a few different anti-virus programs for peace of mind ... My question is- Does Windows Defender catch it before it can do harm? Do I need to go through and change passwords...
  8. Keeps downloading the same driver

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Keeps downloading the same driver: Every time I check for updates (I've disabled automatic updates in Group Policy) it downloads and installs this driver "Conexant - MEDIA 7/3/2018" which seems to be for the laptop's soundcard. How can I fix this? 119478
  9. trojan windows defender

trojan windows defender: I change over to windows defender a few months ago and I just had my first fake trojan. I just go to very safe sites and got hit with the fake trojan, sorry, forgot to write any info down. I had seen it before on friends computers and cleaned it out, it wants you to call...
  10. Trojan removed by Defender

Trojan removed by Defender: With the last couple of builds it seems that Defender is always finding stuff to remove every time I start Windows 10. This morning I removed Trojan Win32/GHEUGENT.Alplock after Defender quarantined it and marked it severe. Right now I am running a full scan on the laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security keeps finding: trojandownloader:o97m/obfuse.pa!mtb

2. trojandownloader:o97m/donoff

3. Windows defender keeps on finding a Trojan downloader where is it coming from?

4. TrojanDownloader:O97M/Dornoe.A!ams,
  5. how to stop trojan downloader