Windows 10: Defender License just for an Email User

Discus and support Defender License just for an Email User in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there any reason to apply a Defender license to a system account which just has Microsoft 365 Business Basic just for using email? This user only... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jim Hill 1099, Aug 11, 2022.

1. Defender License just for an Email User

Is there any reason to apply a Defender license to a system account which just has Microsoft 365 Business Basic just for using email? This user only ever forwards email to our support system. It never sends email as we only use a third party SMTP server for that function. If the email address only redirect email to an outside email address it would seem to me that Defender isn't really coming into play. There is no computer device involved, just email. Correct?

:)

Jim Hill 1099, Aug 11, 2022
  2. fisher99 Win User

Best Multi-User Email App?

Hello. I am looking for an email app that will support 2 users, each with 2 different email accounts (one gmail and one outlook account each). Ideally they would like to use a single email program for both of them but would like separate inboxes for each person.

So, ideally:
    • One email program.
    • Two inboxes, with each inbox collecting email from a unique gmail account and a unique outlook account.

Will be interested in any suggestions.

fisher99, Aug 11, 2022
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Aug 11, 2022
  4. Defender License just for an Email User

Email

Hello,

Thank you for reaching us on the forum with your concern.

As per the issue description you have two email id's and you want to change your secondary email to primary on your pc.

I would suggest you to switch the login account to Local user account. Then switch back to Microsoft account which you want to use. You may follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Switch to local user account

Follow these steps to create a “Local User account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    • Then login to the local account and check how it works.

Step 2: Switch back to Microsoft account

Follow these steps to create a “Microsoft account”.

• Press “Windows key +W”.
    • Type “users” without quotes in the search box.
    • Then select “Users” from the left panel.
    • Select “Switch to Microsoft account” right below your user account name.
    • Enter the required details (Primary Email ID).
    • Restart the computer and then try to login using new Primary account.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 11, 2022
Thema:

Defender License just for an Email User

1. Defender License just for an Email User - Similar Threads - Defender License Email

2. If one user has two email IDs on exchange server, does the user need to be licensed with...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If one user has two email IDs on exchange server, does the user need to be licensed with...: The question is specific to the requirement of User CALs for Windows Active Directory. User has both Active Directory and Exchange Server installed....
  3. If one user has two email IDs on exchange server, does the user need to be licensed with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If one user has two email IDs on exchange server, does the user need to be licensed with...: The question is specific to the requirement of User CALs for Windows Active Directory. User has both Active Directory and Exchange Server installed....
  4. If one user has two email IDs on exchange server, does the user need to be licensed with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. emails coming in as just script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    emails coming in as just script: My emails are coming in as just script * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-coming-in-as-just-script/11091c04-6e3f-4215-8eb3-824feb3e16b6
  6. emails coming in as just script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    emails coming in as just script: My emails are coming in as just script * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-coming-in-as-just-script/11091c04-6e3f-4215-8eb3-824feb3e16b6
  7. User just vanished, other users broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User just vanished, other users broken: Hey I just wanted to log into my user, when ut first asked me to type A1B2C3 to confirm Im humen(I guess because yesterday I tryed my pin wrong sometimes) then it asked me what my pin is(Now I know its my normal passwird but its too late now), I didnt knew it so I tryed to...
  8. Change licensed email to a new email and keep license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change licensed email to a new email and keep license: Hello. I have a question. I have an email that's declared as the administrator account and is attached to the license for Microsoft 10. I was wondering it were possible to transfer the license and administrator rights to a new email that I just created and still hold the same...
  9. Microsoft Defender ATP User Licenses

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender ATP User Licenses: I am starting to get Microsoft Defender ATP configured. In doing so I am wondering if it is necessary to apply Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection licenses to individual users in our organization? Since what I have seen thus far with on-boarding machines, it seems...
  10. User without email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User without email: I have a new Windows 10 system. I created my account with a Microsoft ID. Now I want to create one with just a username. I found this:...