Windows 10: Defender LPS refuses to stay off

Discus and support Defender LPS refuses to stay off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I was googling this issue and found a discussion by Harold E1. I have the opposite problem: Defender Limited Periodic Scanning keeps turning on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnonymousUser647, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Defender LPS refuses to stay off

So, I was googling this issue and found a discussion by Harold E1. I have the opposite problem: Defender Limited Periodic Scanning keeps turning on each time my computer restarts. I have Norton installed, which is far more comprehensive in its scans, and as such it triggers a prompt to turn it off, which I do, but then it turns itself back on after starting Windows from cold. My computer just restarted with zero warning, while in sleep. Looking through Event Viewer, I found an entry from User32 stating that System32's runtime broker had initiated a restart on my behalf for reason: Other unpla

:)

AnonymousUser647, Feb 1, 2023
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows must be very tired-refuses to stay awake

Hi, there are several extensive threads on this. Please feel free to search the forum and use it as a resource.

example: I searched the forum for
    sleep two minutes

Defender LPS refuses to stay off 121917d1487487418t-windows-must-very-tired-refuses-stay-awake-snap-2017-02-19-06.57.12.jpg

Refining the search may give more results- I suggest you try
    Solved sleep minutes
    for example.

If you find no solution, please post back listing what you've tried. Good luck

dalchina, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Windows Defender Security Center Won't Stay Open

Thanks @Hydrate! Followed Step 3 of Option 2 and rebooted ... problem solved!

I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of days and if all stays good, I will mark this thread closed.

elprice7345, Feb 1, 2023
  4. Defender LPS refuses to stay off

Windows defender will not stay on

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I will certainly help you with this.

Please provide the below information.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Have you installed any anti-virus software?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to make the “Windows defender Service” startup type to “Automatic”.

Follow these steps:

a. Press “Windows key + R” from keyboard.

b. Type “services.msc” without quotes in the “Run” Window and hit enter.

c. Search for “Windows Defender Service”.

d. Make “Startup Type” to “Automatic”.

e. Restart the computer and then check how it works.

Method 2: Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open Charms Bar.

b. Type “cmd” without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

Note: It may ask for windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Shubham Chaubey, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

Defender LPS refuses to stay off

1. Defender LPS refuses to stay off - Similar Threads - Defender LPS refuses

2. Defender LPS refuses to stay off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender LPS refuses to stay off: So, I was googling this issue and found a discussion by Harold E1. I have the opposite problem: Defender Limited Periodic Scanning keeps turning on each time my computer restarts. I have Norton installed, which is far more comprehensive in its scans, and as such it triggers a...
  3. Network Discovery & File Sharing refuse to stay ON

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Discovery & File Sharing refuse to stay ON: Hi, When I select Network Discovery and File Sharing as ON, and click 'Save Chages', here.. (Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings) When I open the settings again (even immediately), the selection is back to OFF. I even did...
  4. PC refuses to stay asleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC refuses to stay asleep: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Imagoodspeler [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jym02p/pc_refuses_to_stay_asleep/
  5. Wifi refuses to stay working!

Wifi refuses to stay working!: tl:dr - wifi option missing, replaced chip, reinstalled windows, nothing worked (should def read the whole thing tho) ok so first off, i know the title throws you off a little so let me full explain, my m.2 wifi/bluetooth module in my prebuilt was acting weird, my assumption...
  6. Realtek ethernet adapter refusing to be/stay on Gigabit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Realtek ethernet adapter refusing to be/stay on Gigabit: Hey TenForums, long time no see! Basically, I've been having this weird issue for the past couple of days that has driven me to the point where I'm almost pulling my hair out. The issue is that my Realtek network adapter (the RTL8111H) will not stay, or even be on gigabit...
  7. Anyone's external drives refuse to stay asleep?

Anyone's external drives refuse to stay asleep?: So ive burned days on this, i'm now feeling pretty defeated. I've basically reverted the hot mess i made trying to resolve it and gave up. I have a few thousand dollars worth of hard drives. Half of them are external as my case was just only so big and wasnt feeling the nas...
  8. windows defender is refusing to operate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender is refusing to operate: My windows defender is refusing to function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-refusing-to-operate/91a89690-dd1e-45d3-87a6-1135ab47d207
  9. My computer refuses to stay on during the update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer refuses to stay on during the update.: Once my computer had gotten stuck during and update, so I was stuck watching it spend 30 minutes removing any progress it made, before it turned on. The second time it installed for close to 40-50 minutes, before turning off on it's own and then spending another 30 minutes...
  10. Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Refuses to Shut Off: I have a 5 month new Dell XPS 13 laptop, running Windows 10, 64 bit. It has been running perfectly fine until the other day when I noticed the unit couldn't be turned off as it usually does. I hit the Power Off button, but instead of shutting down it restarts as if I hit...