Windows 10: DEFENDER MALFUNCTION

Discus and support DEFENDER MALFUNCTION in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using Windows 8.1 and anti virus Defender for past few years. There were absolutely no issues. However in the past fortnight the Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ArindamDutta, Mar 25, 2019.

1. DEFENDER MALFUNCTION

I am using Windows 8.1 and anti virus Defender for past few years. There were absolutely no issues.

However in the past fortnight the Defender automatically switches off when I log in. It needs to be manually turned on.

Please help

:)

ArindamDutta, Mar 25, 2019

2. Windows Defender GUI Malfunctioning

Hi,

There are several workarounds that we can perform to fix issues with Windows Defender. Aside from what you have already performed, you can also try the suggested troubleshooting steps provided by
    PrashantKumar96, dated last February 1, 2017, on this
    thread. We suggest that you perform the steps one by one and please
    note of the results as much as possible.

Please update us with the result.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Windows Defender GUI Malfunctioning

Hi again. We really apologize if we took long to provide a response as we are trying to figure out the next possible troubleshooting steps for an unusual case like your. Let's try these methods:

Method 1: Enable Windows Defender from Control Panel.

• Press Windows key + X, click on Control Panel.
    • On right top corner, click on View and then choose Large items.
    • Now from the list, click on Windows Defender and try to enable it. If you're unable to proceed, try to enable it from
      services.
    Method 2: Enable Windows Defender from ervices.msc.

• Press Windows + R, to open run prompt.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter to open
      Services
      list.
    • Under Services look from Windows Defender service and start the service.

Again, we're sorry for the late reply. Please let us know if these methods help.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 4, 2019
  4. DEFENDER MALFUNCTION

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

DEFENDER MALFUNCTION

1. DEFENDER MALFUNCTION - Similar Threads - DEFENDER MALFUNCTION

2. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  3. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  4. Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: Hi everyone, sorry for the time if it shows but it's 3 in the morning I currently have a trojan, Wacatac.B!Ml or something similar. Well, after deleting it through Defender both manually by checking the folder and through Defender itself, I now have a doubt as to whether it...
  5. Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: Hi everyone, sorry for the time if it shows but it's 3 in the morning I currently have a trojan, Wacatac.B!Ml or something similar. Well, after deleting it through Defender both manually by checking the folder and through Defender itself, I now have a doubt as to whether it...
  6. Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?: I had a fake malware warning show up on my computer, called the "2V7HGTVB" scam. I didn't fall for it and didn't call the phone number given, but I thought it would be a good idea to scan my computer, which has Windows 10 in S mode.I asked Copilot, and was given several...
  7. Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?: I had a fake malware warning show up on my computer, called the "2V7HGTVB" scam. I didn't fall for it and didn't call the phone number given, but I thought it would be a good idea to scan my computer, which has Windows 10 in S mode.I asked Copilot, and was given several...
  8. Can Windows Defender do scans for virus and malware?

9. Different microsoft defenders!? One free, one paid - Please help me understand the differences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different microsoft defenders!? One free, one paid - Please help me understand the differences: So it's been brought to my attention that there's "two different microsoft anti-virus programs". One is free, and come pre-installed, and one comes with the Microsoft Office 365 pack, which is payed. I noticed this due to me being able to open microsoft through settings on my...
  10. Different microsoft defenders!? One free, one paid - Please help me understand the differences

Different microsoft defenders!? One free, one paid - Please help me understand the differences: So it's been brought to my attention that there's "two different microsoft anti-virus programs". One is free, and come pre-installed, and one comes with the Microsoft Office 365 pack, which is payed. I noticed this due to me being able to open microsoft through settings on my...