Windows 10: Defender not able to take action

Discus and support Defender not able to take action in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got some Hacktool:win32/autoKMS threat but my defender is not performing any action on it. Is there any solution???... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SuyashChoudhari, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Defender not able to take action

I got some Hacktool:win32/autoKMS

threat but my defender is not performing any action on it. Is there any solution???

:)

SuyashChoudhari, Aug 30, 2020

2. windows 10 - detected Malware notification - no action required.

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Settings.

• Click on System and click on Notifications and Actions.

• Under Show notifications for these apps turn off the setting for Windows defender.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Defender not able to take action

Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Defender not able to take action

1. Defender not able to take action - Similar Threads - Defender able action

2. Window defender not taking action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window defender not taking action: Window defender isn't removing this nor securing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-not-taking-action/db225d7d-8949-405a-b78e-10c208c7d6d5
  3. Window defender not taking action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window defender not taking action: Window defender isn't removing this nor securing it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-not-taking-action/db225d7d-8949-405a-b78e-10c208c7d6d5
  4. Windows Defender Detected Malware but I'm not Able to Take Any Measures

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Detected Malware but I'm not Able to Take Any Measures: First thing's first: I was dumb. I installed a crack and it was infected. I found out later after my email was hacked plus all my socials tied to it and after taking proper action to secure it I realized what caused the problem. So a day prior to writing this I ran quick scan...
  5. Window defender reported a Trojan threat but couldn't take action

Window defender reported a Trojan threat but couldn't take action: My Window defender detected a threat that is named Trojan:Win32/Tnega!MSR this morning. I tried taking action quarantine and remove but nothing happened, the threat was still there I checked the protection history and it's still the same. However, when I tried quick scan...
  6. Take Action on Virus

Take Action on Virus: Threat has take actions [Original Title: Virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/take-action-on-virus/c432d23c-9d53-409a-b8d3-bf2b205e3076
  7. Windows Defender won't start taking actions against found threats.

Windows Defender won't start taking actions against found threats.: Every time I use the scan feature from Windows Defender, the same threats that have already been found show up so I always press the start actions button but then when I scan another time the same threats show up, I have repeated this cycle for more than 10 times and nothing...
  8. Not able to access action center.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to access action center.: HI, I AM MOHAN. I AM USING THE LATEST VERSION OF WINDOWSVERSION 2004 MY ACTION CENTER IS NOT WORKING AND IF I PRESS THE ICON IT STANDS FOR 3 SECONDS AND THEN VANISHES OFF. [ATTACH] THIS IS HOW IT APPEARS. PLEASE SUGGEST A WAY TO REPAIR IT. THANK YOU....
  9. take actions windows defender

take actions windows defender: So i had this threat that said it affected my desktop i ran a test on windows defender and found the threat i keep on clicking take actions but it doesn't do anything, however i did a test with malwarebytes and the threat got removed but windows defender is still saying that...
  10. Windows Defender - Full scan - Take action on threats

Windows Defender - Full scan - Take action on threats: After running a full scan, some threats were reported. "Taking action" has now been in progress for several hours. Is this normal? How long can it take? what happens if I terminate it by closing the window?...