Windows 10: defender not activating

Discus and support defender not activating in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; trying to turn on defender after removing avg - not allowing to even as administrator... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdamNeill1, Aug 28, 2018.

1. defender not activating

trying to turn on defender after removing avg - not allowing to even as administrator

:)

AdamNeill1, Aug 28, 2018

2. Cannot activate Windows Defender

On my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L455" I did upgradation to W-10 from W-7 (original).

There is no antivirus program on this PC.

I wanted Windows Defender to run. But it says that it is switched off.

Want to activate it.

On opening Windows defender, there is no option to activate it.

In step 2 of your suggestion, it says:

"Windows could not start the Windows Defender Network Inspection Service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

Can you pl give a method to activate the defender?

PrakashVarkhedkar, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Activation and Updates

Thank you. I will uninstall Comodo Anti-Virus and Firewall then. Which of them does a better job of defending, would you say? Comodo or Windows Defender?

Philip1749, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Le Boule Win User

defender not activating

problem in activating windows defender.

The behavior you are describing is typical if there are remnants of a third party program installed.

Run the McAfee Removal Tool again and reboot the computer…

If that doesn’t fix it see the following:

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled if there is a program other than Windows Defender
    listed.

Have you tried the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    ?

Le Boule, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

defender not activating

1. defender not activating - Similar Threads - defender activating

2. Windows Defender persistently detects active Gamehack and Presenoker PUPs after repeated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender persistently detects active Gamehack and Presenoker PUPs after repeated...: Windows Defender persistently detects active Gamehack and Presenoker PUPs in protection history after repeated removals - are these real threats or just false protection history information?...
  3. Windows Defender persistently detects active Gamehack and Presenoker PUPs after repeated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender persistently detects active Gamehack and Presenoker PUPs after repeated...: Windows Defender persistently detects active Gamehack and Presenoker PUPs in protection history after repeated removals - are these real threats or just false protection history information?...
  4. virus / windows defender activer et analyse hor ligne

in Windows 10 Gaming
    virus / windows defender activer et analyse hor ligne: bonjours jai atrapper un popir virus faux croire jai demander au support microsoft un gros 0 aide il mon offert le programe copilot sa vos rien pas plus cappable de maider jai demander a mon service technique de mon laptop eu non plus jai comme anti virus mc afee et total av...
  5. virus / windows defender activer et analyse hor ligne

virus / windows defender activer et analyse hor ligne: bonjours jai atrapper un popir virus faux croire jai demander au support microsoft un gros 0 aide il mon offert le programe copilot sa vos rien pas plus cappable de maider jai demander a mon service technique de mon laptop eu non plus jai comme anti virus mc afee et total av...
  6. virus / windows defender activer et analyse hor ligne

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...: I've read many fixes and none of them work. In my opinion this is just one of the many bugs of windows. I have tried restarting, logging off and o, changing registry, surfing in the settings for some button, using the hidden administrator account, nothing worked. I also have...
  8. I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...

I can't activate or deactivate windows defender "Your IT administrator has limited access...: I've read many fixes and none of them work. In my opinion this is just one of the many bugs of windows. I have tried restarting, logging off and o, changing registry, surfing in the settings for some button, using the hidden administrator account, nothing worked. I also have...
  9. Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation: Hello everyone, I am currently investigating how to force the activation of Microsoft Defender Antivirus MDAV even when installing another third-party antivirus. For me, MDAV is the primary antivirus in my work environment. When I execute the "get-mspcomputerstatus" command,...
  10. Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation

Forcing Microsoft defender Antivirus MDAV activation: Hello everyone, I am currently investigating how to force the activation of Microsoft Defender Antivirus MDAV even when installing another third-party antivirus. For me, MDAV is the primary antivirus in my work environment. When I execute the "get-mspcomputerstatus" command,...