Windows 10: Defender not working and defender update install getting error

Discus and support Defender not working and defender update install getting error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows defender not working and getting notifications that Virus protection is turned off. But there is no option turning it on. In services it is not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jai_2007, May 10, 2021.

1. Jai_2007 Win User

Defender not working and defender update install getting error

Windows defender not working and getting notifications that Virus protection is turned off. But there is no option turning it on. In services it is not starting either.

:)

Jai_2007, May 10, 2021

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 10, 2021
  3. Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, May 10, 2021
  4. Defender not working and defender update install getting error

WIndows Defender Update Error - 0x80240022

If you installed other antivirus software such as SEP (in my case), the antivirus software may have inappropriately turned off the windows defender during installing. The solution is to uninstall the third party antivirus software, e.g. SEP12.1.6, restart
    your computer, the defender should be automatically turned on, update the defender definition from the defender settings, then turn all the options off (real-time protection etc) in the settings/windows defender, reinstall the SEP, restart the computer. These
    steps should solve the problem of windows defender definition update errors in win 10. I am not sure this is the exact problem you have, but hope this suggestion works for you.

HuazhongShi, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Defender not working and defender update install getting error

1. Defender not working and defender update install getting error - Similar Threads - Defender working defender

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER and UPDATE ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS DEFENDER and UPDATE ERROR: [ATTACH][ATTACH]Computer fails to update and security failed and there is no any third party antivirus installed in my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-and-update-error/d6cc61e3-77db-425f-885a-810d7f2a435a
  3. Windows Defender and Update not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender and Update not working.: Hey there, my windows defender stopped operating normally and became like this I tried finding a solution online, most people said try to to run windows update but ran into another error 0x80070424 I tried troubleshooting as well but it keeps on doing the same thing Your...
  4. Windows Defender update not installing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender update not installing.: Update KB4052623 version 4.18.2001.10 is not installing on my pc is there any fix for this problem? I'm using windows 10. submitted by /u/PlayerArtoryas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ge51ab/windows_defender_update_not_installing/
  5. Windows Update + Defender Not Working?

Windows Update + Defender Not Working?: I'm not sure if this is because of a recent update but suddenly Windows Update and Defender no longer seem to be working? I only noticed this because the Defender icon on the bottom right wasn't showing up anymore. Error code 0x80070424 randomly appeared on the Update screen...
  6. Not Getting Defender Definition Updates

Not Getting Defender Definition Updates: I have Task Scheduler set to check for Defender definition updates every 15 minutes, which it is doing without interruption. The virus definition update history lists the last 50 updates and I usually receive 8-12/day. However, when I look at the definition update history,...
  7. Windows Defender not working or updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender not working or updating: I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language version 1903. Windows Defender Current Definitions Version: 1.263.71.0 (I guess, check the image) Windows Defender Latest Definitions Version: 1.295.49.0 I had some antivirus softwares installed and removed over time, but now I...
  8. Windows Defender Update Error

Windows Defender Update Error: Every time I try to manually update defender it keeps telling me "virus and spyware definitions could not be updated" and gives me an error code of 0x8024002e Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  9. Defender doesn't get updated

Defender doesn't get updated: I tried to update the window defender but every if show "Failed to Install".Please help me out of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/defender-doesnt-get-updated/9bcddb67-26a1-433f-aea2-e258f555b96d
  10. windows defender update error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows defender update error: While updating I got following error. What to do? --- There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: • Definition Update for Windows Defender -...