Windows 10: Defender Notifications - Annoying - But possible solution

Discus and support Defender Notifications - Annoying - But possible solution in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been constantly asking on a solution here or searching for solutions elsewhere on how to disable or prevent Defender Security Intelligence... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by win10freak, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Defender Notifications - Annoying - But possible solution

I have been constantly asking on a solution here or searching for solutions elsewhere on how to disable or prevent Defender Security Intelligence Updates to run without those annoying notifications when Windows Update settings are set to Notify to Download and Install. Here they are. Now, this is just a test and I given myself until end of this week to find out the results of these settings. Hopefully these setting should suppress the Defender notifications that come along with regular WU.

Hopefully these settings will not impact system performance.

Check for the latest virus and spyware security intelligence on startup

Specify the interval to check for security intelligence updates
    Set to 1 hour

:)

win10freak, Feb 1, 2021

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Kay-Uwe64 Win User
    Windows Defender on Win 10 - mute annoying Notifications

Using Chrome, Windows Defender pops up annoying messages in Win 10 "Maleware Detected". Even when I visit this Microsoft site. Defender junks the entire Notification window in Windows 10 with the same message. How can I turn off the Windows notifications
    for this particular app? They are really annoying and there is no info what the Maleware is, cookies? Perhaps get rid of Defender altogether if there isn;t a fix for this?

Kay-Uwe64, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Defender Notifications - Annoying - But possible solution

Confusing and Annoying sound

Hi Clara,

It is possible that you received the error message USB Device not recognized due to unstable/corrupt USB driver or Windows may be missing other important updates hardware or software issues. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What specific task are you trying to do when you received the error USB device not recognized?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, if you just keep getting a notification and you want to turn it off, I suggest that you follow these steps:

• Type Notifications and actions settings in Cortana/search bar.
    • Under Notifications, disable Get notifications from apps and other senders.

If you're not referring to notifications, I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot error: USB Device not recognized
    when you try to access a USB external hard drive.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Defender Notifications - Annoying - But possible solution

1. Defender Notifications - Annoying - But possible solution - Similar Threads - Defender Notifications Annoying

2. Annoying You're Offline Notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying You're Offline Notification: I keep getting this "You're Offline" notification and I know I'm offline, I haven't been able to pay my Wifi but it still gives me access to everything but online gaming, I'm still able to stream. But I just really want this notification gone so I can watch stuff in peace. Is...
  3. Annoying Popup possibly Bing??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying Popup possibly Bing??: Hi, Hope someone can identify how I've accidentally turned this monster on, and also tell me how to disable it. The black "thing" pops up incessantly. It appeared after I cleaned the keyboard while the system was asleep, and the mouse has even got very twitchy! Even a...
  4. Switch off annoying notification

Switch off annoying notification: Help me stopping the unnecessary notifications on the left side of the windows. It's really annoying to have these while working and these notifications mainly come from steam and epic games. I don't see any option to stop notifications in steam app. It's been more than 3-4...
  5. Possible OneDrive solution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible OneDrive solution?: Hello, all! I'll cut right to the chase. Got a new SSHD, reinstalled Windows to it, been through this process a few times, yadda yadda yadda. HOWEVER during the installation process (because I have been through this process a few times now), I sped my way through the...
  6. Annoying notification sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Annoying notification sound: in the past 2 weeks there's this annoying pinging notification sound that happens once in a while, many times a day, and i really cant put my finger on whats playing it. i tried closing unknown and known apps, tried disabling notifications through windows settings, tried...
  7. Annoying notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Annoying notifications: I would like to know how I can do to remove, disable, disconnect or whatever it is called, notifications from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-notifications/e78ed67d-bddf-42e7-99f5-d257dd2d2562"
  8. Annoying Notifications

Annoying Notifications: How can I uninstall the annoying notifications in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-notifications/eec95bbf-c293-472b-a7bb-bba846f5c471
  9. Annoying microsoft notifications

Annoying microsoft notifications: Does anyone know how to turn off the following pop up from Microsoft? I'm in a website called 'tui' and each time I go on to another page a box pops up at the bottom of my screen saying: 'tui.co.uk wants to send you notifications, but first you need to go to settings and...
  10. Annoying update notifications!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Annoying update notifications!: These auto updates are a pain in the butt. If your playing a game and get a update notification it will stop the game and minimize the screen. *Mad Anyone notice that with windows 10 anniversary update installed that in windows updates it no longer says "some settings are...