Windows 10: Defender Offline Does Not Fully Run.

Discus and support Defender Offline Does Not Fully Run. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am attempting to run an offline scan and the scan does not complete. When I select Microsoft Defender Offline Scan my computer restarts, and I get a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MatthewMatuska, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Defender Offline Does Not Fully Run.

I am attempting to run an offline scan and the scan does not complete. When I select Microsoft Defender Offline Scan my computer restarts, and I get a screen that looks like this:After about a minute or so and with not changes in the screen, my computer just boots up as normal.I DO NOT get the scan to show/run this terminal/window:Some Context.I stupidly tried to download an old game from my childhood that was either malicious or just not ported to run on windows 10.In trying to delete the files that were in my C: drive I got a prompt saying I did not have access.As I am the only user and an

:)

MatthewMatuska, Jan 26, 2022
  2. Jorge Tan Win User

offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Running windows defender offline

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are having some unusual activity while running the Windows defender offline scan. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Do you see any error message before the blank blue screen?
    • Do you get the blue screen every time, when you run Windows defender offline scan?

To identify the root cause of the issue we need to analyze the dump files located in
    C:\Windows\Minidump as you are getting a blue screen before restarting the PC, please upload the dump files on OneDrive and share the link with us.

However, if you want to run the Windows defender offline scan again, then we would suggest you to put the PC in software clean boot, refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Whick Win User

Defender Offline Does Not Fully Run.

Windows Defender Offline for Windows 10

Tried this suggestion and it did not work. Tried to boot from USB with Windows Defender Offline transferred from a safe computer. Would not boot from USB. Message "Secure Boot Violation, Invalid Signature Detected, Check secure boot policy in Setup"
    Any suggestions on next steps for a Windows 10 compatible version of Windows Defender Offline?

Whick, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Defender Offline Does Not Fully Run.

1. Defender Offline Does Not Fully Run. - Similar Threads - Defender Offline Does

2. Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Running: Hello,I have tried to run Windows Defender Offline Scan now multiple times. Once I click run, it will ask permission and then do nothing. I know that it should be saying that it will be signing off in a few moments, but that doesn't happen. I have tried just about every...
  3. Defender Offline Scan does not scan

Defender Offline Scan does not scan: I am currently running a Win10 21H2 with all latest and greatest updates.Admittedly a German version, so I may not get the titles for all menues and options 100% rightEarlier this week, Defender reported a .VBS script it had put into quarantine. Upon initial inspection, this...
  4. Microsoft Defender Offline starts but does not actually run

Microsoft Defender Offline starts but does not actually run: Hello,I bring a problem that has already been around for some tim: whenever I try to run a Microsoft Defender Offline scan, it doesn't really run. The computer re-starts and I get this image showing that it is loading This lasts for about a minute or so, then the computer...
  5. Can't run Windows Defender Offline

Can't run Windows Defender Offline: When I attempt to run Windows Defender offline, first I get the following window: "Save your work - Windows defender offline scan will take some time ----etc." I select SCAN and get the following window: "Do you want to let the app to make changes --- etc." I can wait at...
  6. Windows defender offline scan will not run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender offline scan will not run: When I run the scan, my PC restarts, then the screen goes black for a bit, then I load into the windows home screen. When I log in, there is no notification from defender and no record of a scan taking place. After a lot of searching, I can't find a solution and after having...
  7. Running windows defender offline

Running windows defender offline: When I ran windows defender offline scan it ran normally until it hit 92% complete, then after a bit while file numbers scanned were still incrementing sceen jumped to blank blue screen then rebooted normally. This seems suspicious to me and has not happened to me before any...
  8. Running windows defender offline

Running windows defender offline: When I ran windows defender offline scan it ran normally until it hit 92% complete, then after a bit while file numbers scanned were still incrementing sceen jumped to blank blue screen then rebooted normally. This seems suspicious to me and has not happened to me before any...
  9. Windows Defender Offline won't run

Windows Defender Offline won't run: Hi I have a PC that I suspect may have picked up some Malware. When I select to run Defender Offline the PC reboots, the progress bar for Windows Defender Online appears for a few seconds and then the PC proceeds to reboot to Windows 10. I believe therefore that the...
  10. Windows Defender Offline scan does nor run

Windows Defender Offline scan does nor run: Yesterday, in the middle of an offline scan, I cancelled it to do something else. Now it won't run. From the Security Center select Advanced Scans, Windows Defender offline. Click Start Scan. Normal activity, Windows shuts down, black screen. Small Windows Defender Offline...