Windows 10: Defender Offline Scan isn't starting???

Discus and support Defender Offline Scan isn't starting??? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to run Microsoft defender offline scan to make sure my pc is clean . I ran it after giving the admin rights it doesn't runs I tried multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pankaj687, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Pankaj687 Win User

Defender Offline Scan isn't starting???

I tried to run Microsoft defender offline scan to make sure my pc is clean . I ran it after giving the admin rights it doesn't runs I tried multiple times but no response from it, even after 10 min it doesn't starts .So I restarted my pc after it run that again still run two times no response after 10-20 min my pc gives me a run automatically that many 16-20 bits instances are running we are stopping it ,after 2-3 sec my pc automatically restarts and where offline scan runs .I don't know the reason of it .Two days before I also reinstalled windows by iso file in place u

:)

Pankaj687, Jun 20, 2021
  2. Jorge Tan Win User

offline scan by win defender

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern with Windows Defender, follow the steps below:

• Open the Run window by pressing Window + R button.
    • Then type services.msc and hit "Enter".
    • Look for Windows defender service in the list and right click on it and select start.
    • Once Windows defender is opened try to do the offline scan on that window.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User
    Defender Periodic Scanning or Offline Scanning?

That link does suggest it's useful to use Defender offline scanning in addition to periodic scanning and a third party real time anti virus (e.g. Kaspersky).

Steve C, Jun 20, 2021
  4. MecHNuke Win User

Unable to start Windows Defender offline scan

When attempting to start an offline scan in Windows Defender, the following happens:

• I am prompted to save my work and warned this will restart my computer
    • I click "Scan"
    • The advanced scans window is shown, with "Time elapsed:__" and "__ files scanned" left blank. As well as an empty grey progress bar.

The computer does not restart, even if waiting the suggested 15 minutes. Nothing happens. How can I fix this?

(I've seen there are one or two other threads related to this topic, but I didn't see any actual resolution and the comments seem to have dried up)

Version: Windows 10 (1709)

MecHNuke, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Defender Offline Scan isn't starting??? - Similar Threads - Defender Offline Scan

2. Offline Defender scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Offline Defender scan: Running Windows 10 and I am trying to do an Offline Defender scan, PC restarts and I then get a blue screen asking me to choose my keyboard layout, but I cant select anything or move away from screen. What's happening?...
  3. Offline Defender scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline Defender scan: Running Windows 10 and I am trying to do an Offline Defender scan, PC restarts and I then get a blue screen asking me to choose my keyboard layout, but I cant select anything or move away from screen. What's happening?...
  4. Offline Defender scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Defender Offline Scan isn't starting???

Defender Offline Scan isn't starting???: I tried to run Microsoft defender offline scan to make sure my pc is clean . I ran it after giving the admin rights it doesn't runs I tried multiple times but no response from it, even after 10 min it doesn't starts .So I restarted my pc after it run that again still run two...
  6. Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Starting

Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Starting: Everything is up to date and even did a fixdsk. It acts like it's starting but never actually starts that I can tell. Usually it starts and does a scan on reboot.I need to check my other computers to see if this is a widespread issue....
  7. Defender offline scan

Defender offline scan: Hi Where can I find the scan results report following a Defender Offline Scan ? Tony https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-offline-scan/cdc1325b-cfd4-44d5-a7fe-3956d0715fb4
  8. Defender Offline scan

Defender Offline scan: Morning My system seemed very slow to boot this morning - blank screen no connection cable displayed. After it booted I ran a full system scan with no problems. I then ran the Defender offline scan takes about 15 minutes to run. The scan appeared to take about 5-6 minutes....
  9. Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Starting

Windows Defender Offline Scan Not Starting: Offline scans suddenly stopped working. I can initiate an offline scan in the usual way (Virus & Threat Detection > Options > Windows Defender Offline Scan), and I get the usual popup that tells me the computer is going to restart, and it does restart, but instead of seeing...
  10. Windows defender offline scanning cannot start

Windows defender offline scanning cannot start: Offline scanner cannot start even on a standalone USB scanner. Offline scanner returned a error message said "The System drive or Windows system cannot be found". My Windows system is located on a SSD! It can start normally! Please suggest! Regards, David Suen...