Windows 10: Defender on Windows 10 deleting and blocking, instead it should ask for the permission.

Discus and support Defender on Windows 10 deleting and blocking, instead it should ask for the permission. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have upgraded to Windows 10 and Microsoft Defender is started deleting and blocking the files. I had some study materials and Vmware machine it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Vipulkool, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Vipulkool Win User

Defender on Windows 10 deleting and blocking, instead it should ask for the permission.

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and Microsoft Defender is started deleting and blocking the files.

I had some study materials and Vmware machine it deleted .vmx file. blocked hdd and memory.

It is already gone, I need to built the machine back. but I can't add file in Exclusion as that is created once i will built the machine.

As soon as i will built the machine it will delete.

Instead of any action defender should prompt for leveraging user to decide what to do with file or virus.

:)

Vipulkool, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Reldel Win User

Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10  

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Defender on Windows 10 deleting and blocking,  instead it should ask for the permission. [​IMG]

Defender on Windows 10 deleting and blocking,  instead it should ask for the permission. [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Aug 1, 2020
  4. cdawall Win User

Defender on Windows 10 deleting and blocking, instead it should ask for the permission.

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Defender on Windows 10 deleting and blocking, instead it should ask for the permission. - Similar Threads - Defender deleting blocking

2. Windows defender blocked but did not delete virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender blocked but did not delete virus.: PUABundler:Win32/ICBundler blocked by microsoft defender, but not deleted. Is my computer safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-blocked-but-did-not-delete-virus/81d4e40d-77d9-4d15-b8e3-29fbd800b8be
  3. Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan: Hi,I have that nahimic trojan installed on my computer, but i can't delete it : it asks for "system permission's".I've read that u simply had to right-click > security > etc...Thing is that I DON'T have the security tab when i right click...Note that "system" isn't typed in...
  4. Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan: Hi,I have that nahimic trojan installed on my computer, but i can't delete it : it asks for "system permission's".I've read that u simply had to right-click > security > etc...Thing is that I DON'T have the security tab when i right click...Note that "system" isn't typed in...
  5. Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan: Hi,I have that nahimic trojan installed on my computer, but i can't delete it : it asks for "system permission's".I've read that u simply had to right-click > security > etc...Thing is that I DON'T have the security tab when i right click...French boi, but there's only...
  6. Ask For Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ask For Permissions: So Um These Few Days Im Getting theseEven tho im not in a family It shows for most of the Build in apps Such as Snip and sketch Camera Photos etc...Pls Help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permissions/b693d7f5-e919-479a-a836-aee5096285dd
  7. Asking permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Asking permission: Every time i try go into certain websites it tells me i need permission to get into them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asking-permission/497b942a-eb28-4de9-95b5-e56262ff630e
  8. Asking permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Asking permission: I just logged on to my new computer with my Microsoft account which is an adult account btw and it keeps making me ask for permission and when I click ask for permission it says that something went wrong and it's trying it'sits trying fix it...
  9. Windows defender not asking for permission

Windows defender not asking for permission: Trying to update games on Origin and i am getting an error that says "Oops… Windows blocked our attempt to download game content. If you'd like to allow Origin to download content to your computer, select "Retry" below. When prompted, grant permission within the User Account...
  10. Windows 10 permission blocked

Windows 10 permission blocked: My windows 10 cannot access the windows defender and also all windows 10 app. If I make a new account, can i gain the administrator permission back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-permission-blocked/44b835a2-162d-4b82-bebe-87db7300dfbf"