Windows 10: Defender Permission programmes to save on hard drive

Discus and support Defender Permission programmes to save on hard drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I find out where to get permission for my music programmes to save on the hard drive. Defender wont permit it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulineWilloughby, Sep 8, 2018.

1. PaulineWilloughby Win User

Defender Permission programmes to save on hard drive

How do I find out where to get permission for my music programmes to save on the hard drive. Defender wont permit it

:)

PaulineWilloughby, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Sir B. Fannybottom Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Mohan Suryanarayan Win User
    No permission to save on my hard disk.

Hello Colton,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue we need more information. Let us know the following:

• What is the error message/error code which you receive while trying to save pictures to My Pictures on your HDD? Mention the complete and exact error message/code.

• Where – which location – are you trying to save/download the pictures from?

Permissions are rules associated with objects on a computer or network, such as files and folders. Permissions determine whether you can access an object and what you can do with it.

Refer to the suggestion by Anil Kumar B from the following link and check if it helps.

Default Security Permissions for Windows 8 Pro

(Applied to Windows 10 also.)

You may also refer to the following article for more information:

Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders

in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670/en-us

(Applied to Windows 10 also.)

Check if the above steps work; and send us the information requested above.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Sep 8, 2018
  4. little cat Win User

little cat, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Defender Permission programmes to save on hard drive - Similar Threads - Defender Permission programmes

2. How to auto save on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to auto save on an external hard drive: I have bought a 1 Tb Seagate external hard drive to auto back up my hard drive every hour. I have normally been able to manually back up folders and files to an external hard drive, but for some reason I cannot get the Seagate to start working to automate the backup every...
  3. Gaining permission to an old hard drive files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Gaining permission to an old hard drive files: Hi. I have an old hard drive with which I decided to copy it's data to a new HDD, I had a OS installed on it (probably windows xp) when I decided not to use it. Now that I decide to copy its data from C drive, It says you don't have access and you need to fix the premission...
  4. hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive: I often get an error message "harddisk drive failure." maybe once a week . computer(windows10) seems to run fine after rebooting. serious problem? can this be fixed?...
  5. incompatible programme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    incompatible programme: after upgrading to windows 10 NUDI kannada softer not working .after trouble shooting it says incompatible programme request expert help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/incompatible-programme/82a36476-edc5-425b-9f94-9a282b0d2af0
  6. Gaining permission to WD hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gaining permission to WD hard drive: I've recently tried to get my WD my world book, external hard drive going on a new laptop. Managed to install everything and it now shows on my network on laptop. But when I try opening the folder I get an message saying "MYBOOKWORLD is not accessible. You might not have...
  7. External Hard Drive Permissions Not Working Across Local Computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Drive Permissions Not Working Across Local Computers: Hello! I'm stuck on something that I just do not understand. I cannot get my external hard drives to give me write permissions over my local network in some directions. I recently replaced our hard drives with SSDs and with the reinstall, I had some difficulty getting...
  8. Window 10 Requires Admin permissions to run programmes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 Requires Admin permissions to run programmes: Windows has updated itself to latest build on PC. All of a sudden when i attempt to run most of the programmes i get an error message "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5). Click OK to close the application" Applications that do not open include...
  9. Don't have permission to save files

in Windows 10 Support
    Don't have permission to save files: Hi, I did try searching for help with this but it wasn't working for me so I wonder if anyone can help. I recently installed an SSD and cloned my previous C drive to it. Everything works fine. Except that I cannot save files in Program Files or Program Files x86 on the...
  10. Permissions to access cloned hard drive files and folders denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions to access cloned hard drive files and folders denied: Hi, I have a cloned hard drive of my home PC in a caddy which I'm trying to access (USB) from my work PC. But it's telling me I don't have permission to access files or folders. Edit- sorted individual folders but not contained files so it would be useful to know how to...