Windows 10: defender protected folders

Discus and support defender protected folders in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; win 10 will not start after i changed the defender protected folder, and included the windows folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrickKane2, Sep 13, 2018.

1. defender protected folders

win 10 will not start after i changed the defender protected folder, and included the windows folder.

:)

PatrickKane2, Sep 13, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

How do I REMOVE a folder from the list of "Protected folders" (virus&threat protection setting "Protected folders")

Hi Mörre,

You can either add or delete a folder in Windows Defender protected folder. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender and go Protected folders
      option.
    • Click on the listed folder you want to remove, then click the Remove
      button.
    • Click Yes to continue the deletion. Enter UAC permission when prompted.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 13, 2018
  3. Frogger Win User
    ?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile defender protected folders :)

Frogger, Sep 13, 2018
  4. defender protected folders

Mörre Noseshine, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

defender protected folders

1. defender protected folders - Similar Threads - defender protected folders

2. Defender Account Protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Account Protection: Defender Account Protection always showing I am not signed in to my Microsoft account i have tried everything but the bull **** won't show my account being protected ?...
  3. Defender Protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Protection history: Hello!I deleted my protection history.I know this may sound stupidBut will defender still detect threats?I deleted the contents of service file and not the service file itselfI don't know much about tech.Thank you:...
  4. Defender protecting?

Defender protecting?: I installed the Defender Preview on my Windows 10 machine. I have it installed on a Galaxy S10 phone. Family devices were added to Defender. There are currently 4 devices whose status is shown. 3 of them say protected, but this Windows 10 machine Defender status is said to be...
  5. Defining Protected Folders in Defender

Defining Protected Folders in Defender: Hi For some time now neither my husband nor I have had an antivirus installed since we have depended entirely on Microsoft Defender teamed with Malwarebytes to protect our PCs. This was at the recommendation of How To Geek some years ago. Just to check it was still man enough...
  6. I can't remove a Protected Folder in Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't remove a Protected Folder in Windows Defender: Hello, I made a video to showcase what is happening. I'm trying to remove a Steam game from my protected folders in Windows Defender because my save data got corrupted, and I need to be able to wipe it to start fresh. Every time I try, Defender closes out during and the...
  7. Windows defender protection

Windows defender protection: Hello everyone! Good day! I just want to ask this because my windows defender anti virus was lost and turned off. How can I fix this and bring back it like before...
  8. Windows defender protection

Windows defender protection: Hello I really need help because "Real-Time Protection" of my laptop is Disabled by a malicious software. Now I'm restricted to turn it ON. That software open new tabs in browser after every minute. Moreover when I try to shutdown my laptop the process stop because of that...
  9. Windows Defender protection

Windows Defender protection: My question is: does Windows Defender protect against Malware ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-protection/b3c713cf-b2de-4b65-8334-0e967dfe2413
  10. Defender Controlled Folder Protection Question

Defender Controlled Folder Protection Question: Hello There After using Avast for 16 years, and discovering a file was writing a lot to the drive, decided to try Defender longer this time, now if i decide to enable Controlled Folder protection or Ransomware protection after 1803 Released, does that add extra unnecessary...