Windows 10: Defender Protection history

Discus and support Defender Protection history in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello!I deleted my protection history.I know this may sound stupidBut will defender still detect threats?I deleted the contents of service file and not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sofi_ :, Oct 4, 2022.

1. sofi_ : Win User

Defender Protection history

Hello!I deleted my protection history.I know this may sound stupidBut will defender still detect threats?I deleted the contents of service file and not the service file itselfI don't know much about tech.Thank you:

:)

sofi_ :, Oct 4, 2022
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Oct 4, 2022
  3. Majulook Win User
    Windows Defender Protection History - Unable to remove threat entry

In another thread....

Majulook, Oct 4, 2022
  4. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Oct 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Defender Protection history - Similar Threads - Defender Protection history

2. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  3. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history: How can I delete these things from Windows defender - protection history. When I try to delete these three files found as a virus, which they are not, I fail to delete them. Where am I wrong if you can tell me. Thanks in advance. I am also attaching pictures of exactly what I...
  4. Problem deleting history of Windows defender - protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My protection history on Windows Defender

My protection history on Windows Defender: So there is an potentially unwanted app, and whenever I go to my protection history, it's all gone which is abnormal. And I want to know how to find and remove this virus and fix my protection history to find it....
  6. Windows Defender Protection History Crash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Protection History Crash: Hello. After opening history of protection in windows defender it just freezes and than crash. I tried deleting the history but it didnt help. Windows is updated....
  7. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: my protection history isnt working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-protection-history-is-missing/ee32a817-3e64-4da5-8577-1e4ff7e77b72
  8. Windows Defender protection history

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender protection history: I want to know something about Windows Defender protection history. I looked up how long it would stay and the result was that the default is 30 days. I'm talking about when you go to Settings > Virus and Threat Protection > Protection History. It has been 30 days since the...
  9. Windows Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Protection History: Recently, Defender notified me my computer had the Trojan virus. I went to Defender to do a scan and to get rid of that. After that, I did a full scan. Now, when I go to Protection History, it keeps crashing. I don't know whats happening. Someone help....
  10. Windows defender protection history is missing

Windows defender protection history is missing: Hi guys, i need your help, as i am having an issue here since around 2 weeks ago. when you go to the Windows Defender --> Virus & Threat Protection --> Ransomware Protection --> Block history is missing and showing blank page. Same is if you go to Windows Defender -->...