Windows 10: Defender Quaranteen Folder

Discus and support Defender Quaranteen Folder in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Defender is catching a Trojan every now and then. But AVG never sees it, and they would like a copy of it. I would also like to submit a copy to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Joe Redstone, May 15, 2019 at 12:52 PM.

1. Defender Quaranteen Folder

Defender is catching a Trojan every now and then. But AVG never sees it, and they would like a copy of it.

I would also like to submit a copy to Microsoft.

But I have no idea where Defender puts it when it quarantines it.

Where is it so I can send them a copy.

I have the address to send it to for AVG,, how about Microsoft?

Joe

:)

2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 15, 2019 at 1:01 PM
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Defender Quaranteen Folder

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thema:

Defender Quaranteen Folder

1. Defender Quaranteen Folder - Similar Threads - Defender Quaranteen Folder

2. Windows Defender bring up system32 folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender bring up system32 folder: I recently uninstalled Avast, already did the Avast Uninstaller help so it cleans it up completely, already did the SFC check, and Windows Defender still won't work, it just brings me to system32 folder. I am using Windows 8.1...
  3. Problem with Windows Defender/Controlled Folder Access

Problem with Windows Defender/Controlled Folder Access: When I'm trying to save a file in a portable application, I'm getting an error that the file couldn't be found. Based on my searching, I've found that it's a problem with "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Security (new update renamed Windows Defender I guess). I was just...
  4. Windows Defender and Controlled Folder Access and Exclusions

Windows Defender and Controlled Folder Access and Exclusions: I just recently started using Windows Defender as my antivirus software expired and I was looking for another option other than paying for another program. I don't totally understand how to use it and reading thru tutorials is somewhat foreign to me so please understand my...
  5. quarantine folder for win defender

quarantine folder for win defender: Hello, windows defender has deleted one of my files. How can I recover it? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quarantine-folder-for-win-defender/a4331db9-a90f-442d-9eeb-622423210297"
  6. defender protected folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    defender protected folders: win 10 will not start after i changed the defender protected folder, and included the windows folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/defender-protected-folders/63bfca4d-0fff-4817-8358-d4c1b9c5a67a
  7. What is this folder called kotyajse and why is it in the exclusion folder of windows defender?

What is this folder called kotyajse and why is it in the exclusion folder of windows defender?: This folder seems to have appeared out of nowhere in my computer and has put itself in the exclusion folder of windows defender on its own i think its a either a virus or its a malware i don't know. Also this is located in C:/Windows/sysWOW64/. I have tried to locate this...
  8. Defender Controlled Folder Protection Question

Defender Controlled Folder Protection Question: Hello There After using Avast for 16 years, and discovering a file was writing a lot to the drive, decided to try Defender longer this time, now if i decide to enable Controlled Folder protection or Ransomware protection after 1803 Released, does that add extra unnecessary...
  9. Odd Defender 'Controlled Folder Access' alert

Odd Defender 'Controlled Folder Access' alert: Fall Creators Update 1709 introduced a new 'Controlled Folder Access' function in Defender. This is off by default, but I have turned it on to test it. I've had to allow a couple of apps access (VLC was one) but other than that it seem unobtrusive. However, very...
  10. About the "Controlled Folder Access" in windows defender...

About the "Controlled Folder Access" in windows defender...: Although not that important, I noticed that when you open Winders Defender, and then click on Virus and threat protection settings, and then scroll down to controlled folder access,.. It states, " Protect your files and folders from unauthorized CHANGED by unfriendly...