Windows 10: Defender Quaranteen Folder

Discus and support Defender Quaranteen Folder in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Defender is catching a Trojan every now and then. But AVG never sees it, and they would like a copy of it. I would also like to submit a copy to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Joe Redstone, May 15, 2019.

1. Defender Quaranteen Folder

Defender is catching a Trojan every now and then. But AVG never sees it, and they would like a copy of it.

I would also like to submit a copy to Microsoft.

But I have no idea where Defender puts it when it quarantines it.

Where is it so I can send them a copy.

I have the address to send it to for AVG,, how about Microsoft?

Joe

:)

Joe Redstone, May 15, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 15, 2019
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Defender Quaranteen Folder

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Defender Quaranteen Folder

1. Defender Quaranteen Folder - Similar Threads - Defender Quaranteen Folder

2. Scan folder with Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scan folder with Microsoft Defender: When I click the option for "Scan with Microsoft Defender" in Windows Explorer, this page pops up.Any idea why and what i can do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scan-folder-with-microsoft-defender/e4445960-b975-4018-ac55-94a3f3909771
  3. Defender controlled folder access

Defender controlled folder access: while i was using my system i got a message saying "Unauthorized changes blocked" and it was explorer.exe what is happening and what should i do please advice...
  4. Defining Protected Folders in Defender

Defining Protected Folders in Defender: Hi For some time now neither my husband nor I have had an antivirus installed since we have depended entirely on Microsoft Defender teamed with Malwarebytes to protect our PCs. This was at the recommendation of How To Geek some years ago. Just to check it was still man enough...
  5. Windows Defender Service missing and no Windows Defender folder in gpedit.msc

Windows Defender Service missing and no Windows Defender folder in gpedit.msc: I can't find the Windows Defender Service and in gpedit.msc there is no Windows Defender folder under Computer Configuration\Windows Components. I did sfc /scannow and it didn't find any error I also tried all the DISM command [ATTACH]...
  6. Where does Windows Defender quaranteen files to?

Where does Windows Defender quaranteen files to?: Some time ago Windows Defender popped up a message that it needs to reboot my computer because it suspected that I had a virus in one of the files. This was in a VMware vm. I ignored it for a while. Now when I rebooted computer my VM doesn't boot. It gives me a message that...
  7. geeitng ownership of windows defender folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    geeitng ownership of windows defender folder: hi, so I was wondering if someone could help me getting ownership of the windows defender folder, i tried doing the simple method of going to the security tab in proprieties but it doesn't work, I tried running takeown /f "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender" /r /d y on cmd yes...
  8. Which Folders are Scanned by Defender by Default?

Which Folders are Scanned by Defender by Default?: Which folders are scanned by Defender by default for a Full Scan and for a Quick Scan? 147099
  9. quarantine folder for win defender

quarantine folder for win defender: Hello, windows defender has deleted one of my files. How can I recover it? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quarantine-folder-for-win-defender/a4331db9-a90f-442d-9eeb-622423210297"
  10. defender protected folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    defender protected folders: win 10 will not start after i changed the defender protected folder, and included the windows folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/defender-protected-folders/63bfca4d-0fff-4817-8358-d4c1b9c5a67a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 defender quarenteen folder location