Windows 10: Defender Quarantines Wise Disk Cleaner

Discus and support Defender Quarantines Wise Disk Cleaner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I turned on the PUA protection and Defender now quarantines Wise Disk Cleaner which some on this forum recommend. I downloaded the program from here... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Steve C, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

Defender Quarantines Wise Disk Cleaner

I turned on the PUA protection and Defender now quarantines Wise Disk Cleaner which some on this forum recommend. I downloaded the program from here Wise Disk Cleaner - Free Disk Cleanup and Defrag Tool, Kaspersky Total Security which I recently uninstalled never objected to Wise Disk Cleaner. Is Wise Disk Cleaner safe to use or not?

See the Defender screen shot.

Attachment 169173

:)

Steve C, Dec 22, 2017

2. Unable to recieve Windows 10 November update

Please answer ALL of the following questions (by number) in your very next reply:

1. Did you (a) uninstall the McAfee application AND THEN (b) download/run the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool & reboot (c) BEFORE you started to rely on Windows Defender & Firewall to protect your computer?

2. When & why was MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) installed? Is it MBAM Premium or MBAM Free? Has MBAM ever detected & quarantined anything since it's been installed?

3. Is Firefox, Chrome or any other alternate browser installed?

4. Are you in the habit of using "registry cleaners" (e.g., CCleaner's Registry Cleaner component; Comodo System Cleaner; Advanced SystemCare; Advanced System Optimizer; Glary Utilities; McAfee QuickClean; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner;
    Norton PC Tuneup; PCTools Optimiser; PC Doctor; Registry Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Registry Booster; SpeedUpMyPC; System Mechanic; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Wise Care 365; Wise Cleaner)?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Dec 22, 2017
  3. sadnewbie Win User
    Windows 10 problem after update to version1607 kepps printing an error page.

Mark Isi

Well, following your suggestion I did run Defender which found no threats or other infection. Ran the disk cleaner too. Then to make sure I ran CCleaner and it got all the junk out about 1.5GB. then ran the Wise Registry Cleaner (Free) most recent version.
    Once I did all that restarted the PC. Voila! no more automatic printing of pages!!!

All is clear and working well. Problem solved.

Thanks for your help and assistance.

sadnewbie, Dec 22, 2017
  4. Defender Quarantines Wise Disk Cleaner

Layback Bear, Dec 22, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Dec 22, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    Wise DIsk Cleaner is perfectly fine, I use it on my systems. I would ask for a second opinion scanner to see if it agrees.

Majorgeeks carry the program and they would not do so if it had payloads.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Defender Quarantines Wise Disk Cleaner

1. Defender Quarantines Wise Disk Cleaner - Similar Threads - Defender Quarantines Wise

2. WISE disk CLEANER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WISE disk CLEANER: Hi , Is it safe to delete. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wise-disk-cleaner/4e7f0289-2435-4b83-a0a0-982377187445
  3. Wise Disk Cleaner Free Privacy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wise Disk Cleaner Free Privacy?: Hello, Windows Home 20H2 (OS build 19042.610) Is safe to install Wise Disk Cleaner Free v10.4.1.789? I don't want to share any info with https://www.wisecleaner.com, if I install Wise Disk Cleaner Free v10.4.1.789, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any...
  4. Is Wise Disk Cleaner Safe to Delete Files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Wise Disk Cleaner Safe to Delete Files?: Hey guys... Is using Wise Disk Cleaner safe in deleting files? I dont want to be sorry I deleted something I shouldnt. Let me know guys. . 157019
  5. Defender Quarantines WinAero Tweaker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Quarantines WinAero Tweaker: I've had WinAero Tweaker on my laptop for 8 months yet Defender has now decided to quarantine it. Why has it done this after such a long delay? I downloaded the software from the supplier's site and did a virus scan on the file at the time. [img] 154027
  6. Quarantine Threats in Windows Defender

Quarantine Threats in Windows Defender: I am new to windows 10. I have windows defender. It shows threats were quarantined. I need to know where to go from there. When I click on threat quarantined it asks do you allow changes to this device. [Original Title: windows defender]...
  7. No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

No Quarantine in Windows Defender?: I installed Windows 10 1903 and noticed in the Windows Defender settings that the Quarantine section has been removed. Where would I find the Quarantine within Windows Defender in 1903? 137937
  8. Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender

Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender: I accidently clicked on an dubious site looking for info I was told smartscreen wasn't working but the items had been stopped from entering folders . This was great , I ran the free version of Malwarebytes and it found 4 Items , they turned out to be PUPs and were put in...
  9. What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using: Win 10 til July I did way to much testing, trial and error on various tools, apps, utilities, etc. I'm afraid of most website reviews because of malware and false positive reviews because of affiliation. Is there something else great like CCleaner that has both disk cleaning...
  10. Discuss the uses of 'registry cleaners', 'disk cleaners', 'optimizers'

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Discuss the uses of 'registry cleaners', 'disk cleaners', 'optimizers': I am opening this thread to hear your comments on the necessity or benefits of outside software such as: driverbooster slimcleaner registry cleaner and so on..... clearly windows 10 does some of its own work. here you can talk about it. 52321