Windows 10: Defender question is: at what point is my computer protected?

Discus and support Defender question is: at what point is my computer protected? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a computer that has never been on line. I would like to get it on line but it has a lot of info on it that I want to be protected. It does have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SEKDC, Nov 20, 2019.

1. SEKDC Win User

Defender question is: at what point is my computer protected?

I have a computer that has never been on line. I would like to get it on line but it has a lot of info on it that I want to be protected. It does have Defender. My question is: at what point is my computer protected? Does Defender need to be activated after I get on line with this computer or is it already working prior to connecting? Thank you.

:)

SEKDC, Nov 20, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Nov 20, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Defender question is: at what point is my computer protected?

Jsssssssss, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Defender question is: at what point is my computer protected?

1. Defender question is: at what point is my computer protected? - Similar Threads - Defender question point

2. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  3. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  4. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Questions about Windows Defender protecting

Questions about Windows Defender protecting: I have some questions connected to Windows Defender. It would be great if someone would tell me a bit more about how it protects system and the whole pc. As I do a lot of research and receive lot of documents, I want to know how Defender works. 1. Does Defender protects pc...
  6. What programs do you protect with Windows Defender Exploit protection?

What programs do you protect with Windows Defender Exploit protection?: Interested to hear what others have decided on... 107443
  7. Defender Controlled Folder Protection Question

Defender Controlled Folder Protection Question: Hello There After using Avast for 16 years, and discovering a file was writing a lot to the drive, decided to try Defender longer this time, now if i decide to enable Controlled Folder protection or Ransomware protection after 1803 Released, does that add extra unnecessary...
  8. Restore Point question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Point question: I have restore point space limited to 2Gigs on my Tablet. I've noticed that when a new restore point is created at the top of the list, an old one is removed from the bottom of the list. Sooner or later, I will end up with totally new restore points. Is there a way to save...
  9. Restore Point Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Point Question: Hello, If I Posted this previously, I don't think I did, I apologize. That old age thing. Concerning Restore Points on W10. My understanding is that these are created "automatically". Or, you can do it "Manually". I seems to remember on W7, you could create...
  10. Restore points question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore points question: Is there anyway to save a restore point to an external drive? Every time I do a repair in-place install, I lose all my restore points. 81267