Windows 10: Defender Quick Scan runs all the time.

Discus and support Defender Quick Scan runs all the time. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Im having the same problem quick scan just runs and runs, I update windows pretty much everytime I start up. it appears to be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dennis H_971, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Defender Quick Scan runs all the time.

Split from this thread.​

Im having the same problem quick scan just runs and runs, I update windows pretty much everytime I start up. it appears to be up to date

:)

Dennis H_971, Dec 29, 2020
  2. BTC55 Win User

Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option.

My options are:

• Scan
    • Advanced Scan
    • Full Scan
    • Custom Scan
    • Windows Defender Offline scan
    Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete.

Is a quick scan available?

How do I restore this feature?

BTC55, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Crizal Win User
    Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?

Ever since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update a few years ago, Defender's ability to run its automatic quick scan has been broken for most users, resulting in an 0x2 error. It's been well documented that Microsoft's been aware of the problem but has never issued a fix. MS has had two responses -- either run a manual scan or create a custom task. The following TenForums link shows how to create a task for scanning at a time and frequency you want. Hope this helps.

Schedule Scan in Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Crizal, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Defender Quick Scan runs all the time.

Does Windows Defender Quick scan interrupt Advanced scan?

Before I create a System Image, I run an Advanced scan using Windows Defender, and it typically takes about an hour and the Scan history lists about 4,000,000 files scanned. However, often I see only about 40,000 files scanned, what I get from a Quick scan.

I can think of two explanations that might account for this:

1. The Advanced scan completes, but a Quick scan starts afterwards and wipes out evidence that that the Advanced scan occurred (unless presumably some problem was found).

2. The Advanced scan is interrupted and a Quick scan runs.

Are there other possibilities?

The 2 possibilities listed above are both unsatisfactory because I can tell if an Advanced scan was completed. If an Advanced scan was just completed, there is no reason that a Quick scan should be run automatically.

Mickey Segal, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Defender Quick Scan runs all the time.

1. Defender Quick Scan runs all the time. - Similar Threads - Defender Quick Scan

2. defender quick scan problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    defender quick scan problem: When I open Virus & threat protection it says a quick scan is due so I click on the icon and get a red ball with a white x through it and these 5 blue pips that continuously recycle. My tablet is just a couple of weeks old and I have no other security software on it - just...
  3. defender quick scan problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    defender quick scan problem: When I open Virus & threat protection it says a quick scan is due so I click on the icon and get a red ball with a white x through it and these 5 blue pips that continuously recycle. My tablet is just a couple of weeks old and I have no other security software on it - just...
  4. Unable to run quick scan on window defender.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to run quick scan on window defender.: i have the attached error message. can someone knows how to fix it guide me on this please. have to say that i am noob with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unable-to-run-quick-scan-on-window-defender/424e0795-0bde-4795-8e4f-bc30cff9f987
  5. Windows Defender ; quick scan.

Windows Defender ; quick scan.: When I start a scan on Windows Defender, it lasts around two minutes then stops scanning. Can anyone help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-quick-scan/f8f546ed-8728-418a-a754-eb4a7116ea89
  6. Defender Quick Scan not remembered

Defender Quick Scan not remembered: I keep seeing requests for quick scans every few days in Defender. Should be more time between requests. I checked the Defender log, and extracting from recent sequential Events 1151, I get this: 2020-02-16 Last quick scan age: 0 Last full scan age: 50 2020-02-17...
  7. quick scan not running automatically

quick scan not running automatically: My laptop with windows s keeps telling me I need to run a quick scan. Why doesn't this run automatically? It always says quick scan due, but never runs....
  8. Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?

Can You Run Defender Quick Scans Automatically?: All my PCs routinely show a yellow marker on the Defender tray icon nagging me that a Quick Scan is due. Is there a way of configuring Defender to run these Quick Scans automatically when due? 135489
  9. Windows Defender - Quick Scan

Windows Defender - Quick Scan: Windows defender no longer offers a quick scan option. My options are: Scan Advanced Scan Full Scan Custom Scan Windows Defender Offline scan Whichever option I check, the scan will need to run for hours to complete. Is a quick scan available? How do I restore this...
  10. Is Windows Defender Running All the time?

Is Windows Defender Running All the time?: I've just upgraded to Win 10 and I am slowly figuring out where everything is. I also like to set certain apps to be visible in the Tray. Windows Defender is one of those I have set to be visible all the time. When I restart, it's not there. I go to Settings>Update &...