Windows 10: Defender reports about every 5 minutes detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run...

Discus and support Defender reports about every 5 minutes detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; brand new 120 gb ssd with up to date Windows 10 installed, no other Antivirus. Keep getting notifications from Virus and Threat Protection, havd found... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jackthebear63, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Defender reports about every 5 minutes detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run...

brand new 120 gb ssd with up to date Windows 10 installed, no other Antivirus. Keep getting notifications from Virus and Threat Protection, havd found and quarantined TrojanDefender reports about every 5 minutes  detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run... :pDF/Phish considered severe, every 5 minutes or so. If I run Windows Defender Antivirus it shows nothing. Any ideas or suggestions or thoughts?

Thank you

ps wifes laptop, she passed so replaced hard drive with SSD, very fast.

:)

jackthebear63, Mar 15, 2019

2. Recurrent trojan, HTML/Phish quarantined by Windows Defender, and don't have active option/button to remove as suggested.

Hi!

Currently have,

edition Windows 10 Pro

version 1803

OS Build 17134.48

Slow ring with active development

For the last several build downloads, Windows Defender has been quarantining a severe trojan, HTML/Phish, providing file details, the suggestion to remove, but no obvious way to do so, like a "remove threat" button.

Two file examples are:

trojan : HTML/Phish

affected items:

file: C:\Users\3orch\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\116\GEUSE7738644[1175].html

C:\Users\3orch\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\116\GEUSE7738644[1719].html

Now, I will share my lack of expertise by asking why does this trojan keep recurring once quarantined by Windows Defender from build to build?

Is a clean install the only option I have? Kinda' thought that was done with each new build download? Also thought Windows Defender is adaptive/preventive in it's way of staying ahead of threats?

Thank you for any kind instruction and enlightenment.

Kind Regards,

mtnbeebalm, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Recurrent trojan, HTML/Phish quarantined by Windows Defender, and don't have active option/button to remove as suggested.

Hi Adrianne,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Your info re: "a version update does not provide a clean install" is helpful to know.

I have run the Windows Defender Offline, but never tied running it to the means of removing quarantined files.

In regards to Windows Defender providing file details after a scan, with the suggestion to remove the file, but with no obvious way to do so, like a "remove threat" button, I'm still a little befuddled. Is running the
    Windows Defender Offline scan, after I get that suggestion to remove the quarantined file, the one and only way that file is going to be removed? If so, that needs to be made more obvious to the end user, because in my current version, we're given a suggestion
    to remove the offending file, but with NO obvious way to do so...not even the instruction that running Windows Defender Offline is the next step to take to remove it.

I'm also curious why this Trojan keeps appearing in C:\Users\3orch\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\.

Is there a Windows app that is making itself a vector online for this trojan?

Again, thank you for your kind reply. I look forward to additional enlightenment.

Kind Regards,

mtnbeebalm, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Defender reports about every 5 minutes detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run...

Trojan in Allowed Items and Quarantines

Windows Defender detected a Trojan Virus on a full scan. When I reviewed the history it indicated that the Trojan was in "allowed threats" as well as in "quarantined threats." How could that happen? How can I find out if the virus was removed?

[Original Title: Trojan virus]

LillianParmertor, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Defender reports about every 5 minutes detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run...

1. Defender reports about every 5 minutes detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run... - Similar Threads - Defender reports every

2. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,: Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan it keeps saying to start action but after trying to quarantine or remove it still remains, I have scanned with Malwarebytes and trend house call neither of which found any trace of the trojan........
  3. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,: Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan it keeps saying to start action but after trying to quarantine or remove it still remains, I have scanned with Malwarebytes and trend house call neither of which found any trace of the trojan........
  4. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Report Phishing

Report Phishing: Carlo - Could not find an email in this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/pro.... Would you please provide a more specific location within the link or provide the email in pieces? e.g. domain, addressee, etc. Assume it is a .com. For example:Username:...
  6. Wacatac.B!ml Trojan detected but not quarantined

Wacatac.B!ml Trojan detected but not quarantined: Defender detected the virus Wacatac.B!ml. I checked the protection history and it reported as below:The Microsoft website says it removes this virus but the above doesn't show it completely removed.What is "Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy25Windows...? Is this some hidden...
  7. computer shuts down about every 5-7 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer shuts down about every 5-7 minutes: I have Windows 10 Pro and last year this happened and now it is happening again. It shuts down every 5-7 minutes all by itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-about-every-5-7-minutes/079f5970-0d01-4a0c-a4e3-ec6ef354445e
  8. BSOD every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every 5 minutes: ***moved on english forum*** Hello guys, I really need your support there, my PC crashes every 5 minutes with BSOD, ive done A LOT OF TEST, tested all my componant, all is good. New new Windows, all driver ok etc... etc... Here is my minidump crash link :...
  9. Windows Defender Detecting Trojan

Windows Defender Detecting Trojan: i downloaded a book file yesterday and it got saved in DVD drive E when i opened it, it asked to run it to view files and i did it, after few hours window security was popping up saying threat detected and i ejected the file, but still the window security is popping up and...
  10. reporting phishing emails

reporting phishing emails: Hi Guys and Gals, Using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail Quite often I try to pass on phishing or dodgy emails to; anti phishing.org, NFIB (London Police anti fraud), or any number of banking organisations etc that an email might purport to be...