Windows 10: Defender reports about every 5 minutes detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run...

Discus and support Defender reports about every 5 minutes detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; brand new 120 gb ssd with up to date Windows 10 installed, no other Antivirus. Keep getting notifications from Virus and Threat Protection, havd found... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jackthebear63, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Defender reports about every 5 minutes detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run...

brand new 120 gb ssd with up to date Windows 10 installed, no other Antivirus. Keep getting notifications from Virus and Threat Protection, havd found and quarantined TrojanDefender reports about every 5 minutes  detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run... :pDF/Phish considered severe, every 5 minutes or so. If I run Windows Defender Antivirus it shows nothing. Any ideas or suggestions or thoughts?

Thank you

ps wifes laptop, she passed so replaced hard drive with SSD, very fast.

:)

jackthebear63, Mar 15, 2019

2. Recurrent trojan, HTML/Phish quarantined by Windows Defender, and don't have active option/button to remove as suggested.

Hi!

Currently have,

edition Windows 10 Pro

version 1803

OS Build 17134.48

Slow ring with active development

For the last several build downloads, Windows Defender has been quarantining a severe trojan, HTML/Phish, providing file details, the suggestion to remove, but no obvious way to do so, like a "remove threat" button.

Two file examples are:

trojan : HTML/Phish

affected items:

file: C:\Users\3orch\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\116\GEUSE7738644[1175].html

C:\Users\3orch\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\116\GEUSE7738644[1719].html

Now, I will share my lack of expertise by asking why does this trojan keep recurring once quarantined by Windows Defender from build to build?

Is a clean install the only option I have? Kinda' thought that was done with each new build download? Also thought Windows Defender is adaptive/preventive in it's way of staying ahead of threats?

Thank you for any kind instruction and enlightenment.

Kind Regards,

mtnbeebalm, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Recurrent trojan, HTML/Phish quarantined by Windows Defender, and don't have active option/button to remove as suggested.

Hi Adrianne,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Your info re: "a version update does not provide a clean install" is helpful to know.

I have run the Windows Defender Offline, but never tied running it to the means of removing quarantined files.

In regards to Windows Defender providing file details after a scan, with the suggestion to remove the file, but with no obvious way to do so, like a "remove threat" button, I'm still a little befuddled. Is running the
    Windows Defender Offline scan, after I get that suggestion to remove the quarantined file, the one and only way that file is going to be removed? If so, that needs to be made more obvious to the end user, because in my current version, we're given a suggestion
    to remove the offending file, but with NO obvious way to do so...not even the instruction that running Windows Defender Offline is the next step to take to remove it.

I'm also curious why this Trojan keeps appearing in C:\Users\3orch\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\.

Is there a Windows app that is making itself a vector online for this trojan?

Again, thank you for your kind reply. I look forward to additional enlightenment.

Kind Regards,

mtnbeebalm, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Defender reports about every 5 minutes detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run...

Trojan in Allowed Items and Quarantines

Windows Defender detected a Trojan Virus on a full scan. When I reviewed the history it indicated that the Trojan was in "allowed threats" as well as in "quarantined threats." How could that happen? How can I find out if the virus was removed?

[Original Title: Trojan virus]

LillianParmertor, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Defender reports about every 5 minutes detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run...

1. Defender reports about every 5 minutes detected and quarantined Trojan:PDF/Phish, run... - Similar Threads - Defender reports every

2. Trojan detected by msert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan detected by msert: Hi. I runned Microsoft Scanner (msert) and after a while the result was: "TrojanDownloader:JS/Nemucod → Partially eliminated." I have Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. How can I totally remove this Trojan? Thanks in advance....
  3. reporting phishing emails

reporting phishing emails: Hi Guys and Gals, Using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail Quite often I try to pass on phishing or dodgy emails to; anti phishing.org, NFIB (London Police anti fraud), or any number of banking organisations etc that an email might purport to be...
  4. Error sound every 5 minutes with no notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error sound every 5 minutes with no notification: I just recently set up my new computer and I have a notification sound that happens every 5 minutes with no notification alert. I've looked in event viewer and do not see anything. I have turned off the volume and the sound still comes through. Nothing shows up on volume...
  5. BSOD about every 5 mins

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD about every 5 mins: Getting bsod about every 5 mins and have to reboot to use for about 5 more mins. Pretty sure that it is MB related and hoping your tool will help diag the problem. The bsod happens with both my win 10 OSs after about the same time frame. 120335
  6. Report phishing email

Report phishing email: Have just received an email re "Microsoft.com Office365 <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Warning: RE-ACTIVATION NOTICE! (30/07/2018) Dear Customer, We have improved our windows service agreement and privacy statement. You would be blocked from sending...
  7. Crashing every 5 - 10 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing every 5 - 10 minutes: Can someone help me scan this debug? I'm crashing too often to make much progress. So far I've seen memory fault exception and security kernel BSODs. Edit: And a system service exception just now. + PFN list corrupt 38741
  8. Windows 10 restarts every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 restarts every 5 minutes: Currently using a 2007 Alienware went from windows vista to windows 10 32bit and change the processor core 2 duo 2.33ghz to core 2 extreme 3.0 ghz motherboard xfx nforce 680i sli graphics card geforce 480 gtx 6gb ram installed a 1tb hard drive I'm not sure how to fix...
  9. Computer runs hot every 5 minutes when idle, WHY!?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer runs hot every 5 minutes when idle, WHY!?!: My laptop has been a constant victim of these godforsaken programs that run every 5 minutes when idle, and it's starting to make me angry. It's either the Windows Modules Installer Worker, or Service Host: Disk Defragmenter, or System And Compressed Memory. One or the...
  10. Explorer.exe Crashing Loop About Every Minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer.exe Crashing Loop About Every Minute: About every minute or so Windows Explorer crashes and restarts. Task bar and background disappear, etc. and come back a few seconds later. I used Adplus to make a dump file of the crash, at least I think I did and I have the files attached. I don't know exactly what it all...