Windows 10: Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files as infected by WacAtac.B!ml. But...

Discus and support Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files as infected by WacAtac.B!ml. But... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I use QNAP qsync to sync files on my PC with a private cloud, so far this worked perfectly but since a few days I experience the following:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by funi203, Jan 23, 2021.

1. funi203 Win User

Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files as infected by WacAtac.B!ml. But...

Hi,

I use QNAP qsync to sync files on my PC with a private cloud, so far this worked perfectly but since a few days I experience the following:

1. Defender Icon is on « Actions needed »
    2. Performed quickscan.
    3. Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files e.g. "c:\doc\.qsync\qsy1046.tmp" as infected by WacAtac.B!ml.
    4. Result of scan is « 0 threats found »
    5. but icon stays on « actions needes »
    6. Actioning "Removing files" after scan does not help. Next scan same as above.

Thanks to anybody for their assistance !

:)

funi203, Jan 23, 2021
  2. CJustin Win User

what is Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.G!ml

Wacatac (also known as Trojan:Win32/Wacatac)
    is a trojan-type infection that stealthily infiltrates computers and performs a number of malicious actions. Cyber criminals typically proliferate this malware using spam email campaigns
    and fake software 'cracks'.

Windows Defender would mention the potential threat to you but it is up to you to delete it altogether from the system. Currently, if the Virus is in the Quarantine and you can delete it from there.

CJustin, Jan 23, 2021
  3. rwb1012 Win User

Whilst the virus was DETECTED on the 25th, it is likely that you were infected before this - before the Windows Defender definitions were updated. When this happens it may take a full scan or illicit activity before it will be detected.

Here is the Microsoft information for this detection
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?Name=Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.G!ml&ThreatID=2147749376

You will see from the link, the hacker can choose what action to take. You have to assume that pictures, videos, credit card details, etc, are all vulnerable.

rwb1012, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files as infected by WacAtac.B!ml. But...

hello well i noticed my windows were updated 24 and i got infected 25th, but do you know why it has different letters because i would like to know if this trojan win32 wacatac G ml do take my personal files such as recording pictures? would you be able
    to see that also on the event log?

LingqiunanChaney, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files as infected by WacAtac.B!ml. But...

1. Defender reports numerous QNAP qsync temporary files as infected by WacAtac.B!ml. But... - Similar Threads - Defender reports numerous

2. Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml: Hi,I am using Windows 11.I went to a hotel website , trying to make a reservation , after entering the dates, pressed check availability or check rates , A red screen came up , with a virus warning, Windows defender detected it. I quarantine it and said Detected : Trojan...
  3. Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan Script Wacatac B!ml: Hi,I am using Windows 11.I went to a hotel website , trying to make a reservation , after entering the dates, pressed check availability or check rates , A red screen came up , with a virus warning, Windows defender detected it. I quarantine it and said Detected : Trojan...
  4. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojan Script Wacatac H ml: Hi, I am making a backup of my iPhone 13 Pro Max via iTunes on a Windows computer, Windows 10.When running Windows Defender anti-virus scan, it identifies Trojan Script Wacatac Hml as a virus in the iPhone backup folder in two files in folders 5f and b5. The file names...
  5. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan Script Wacatac H ml: Hi, I am making a backup of my iPhone 13 Pro Max via iTunes on a Windows computer, Windows 10.When running Windows Defender anti-virus scan, it identifies Trojan Script Wacatac Hml as a virus in the iPhone backup folder in two files in folders 5f and b5. The file names...
  6. Trojan Script Wacatac H ml

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in protection history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT...
  8. Where to report infection results & post infected files?

Where to report infection results & post infected files?: site:microsoft.com https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/where-to-report-infection-results-post-infected/38d3020b-c78f-4327-8f15-e57094f69ca8
  9. Windows Defender and Wacatac

Windows Defender and Wacatac: I recently installed a program that I had suspicions about being potentially malicious. I downloaded the program, scanned it with AVG and Malwarebytes, both came up nothing. I ran the program and during the installation, Windows Defender detected a Trojan. I selected block...
  10. windows defender health report and temporary internet files location

windows defender health report and temporary internet files location: so as the title says, i got this message, now before i do the recommended action, which is resetting the location, i would like to know how it changed, by which program, and where it was and where is it now (the location of temp files). and what is the difference when...