Windows 10: Defender says I have malware running in an Excel macro but I didn't use macros

Discus and support Defender says I have malware running in an Excel macro but I didn't use macros in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I got this message from Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Foretype.A!ml for my Excel file. I'm running Excel ver 2002. I am the author of the Excel file... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tesla 007, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Tesla 007 Win User

Defender says I have malware running in an Excel macro but I didn't use macros

I got this message from Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Foretype.A!ml for my Excel file. I'm running Excel ver 2002. I am the author of the Excel file and I do not use Macros of any type. When I run inspect it says I am running macros. I went to view - macros, the pop up is all blank. Went to the VB editor all pages blank.

I got the file setting not to run any macros.

Any ideas on what is going on? Has malware inserted a hidden macro?

Thanks

* Moved from Win 10/Security

:)

Tesla 007, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Tesla 007 Win User

I got this message from Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Foretype.A!ml for my Excel file. I'm running Excel ver 2002. I am the author of the Excel file and I do not use Macros of any type. When I run inspect
    it says I am running macros. I went to view - macros, the pop up is all blank. Went to the VB editor all pages blank.

I got the file setting not to run any macros.

Any ideas on what is going on? Has malware inserted a hidden macro?

Thanks

Tesla 007, Apr 2, 2020
  3. Ez Macros or any other Macro program

Hi Brian,

The issue is quite unclear and too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/issues in Macro. To have a better understanding of your concern, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Are you referring on using macros on Excel? If yes, what is the version of your Office?
    • What exact application are you using when using macros? Where did you download it?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message?

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Defender says I have malware running in an Excel macro but I didn't use macros

RUN A MACRO FROM WITHIN ANOTHER MACRO

Google "knows" when you ask it like so:

how to launch an excel macro from a macro

and it points you to
    this page

Frederik Long, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Defender says I have malware running in an Excel macro but I didn't use macros - Similar Threads - Defender says malware

2. Getting a pop message saying every time I click on excel cannot run on macro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a pop message saying every time I click on excel cannot run on macro: Getting a pop message saying every time I click on excel cannot run on macro.What do i do to unlock this macro on excel I tried everything and still it doesn’t work.Your help was be much appreciated...
  3. Getting a pop message saying every time I click on excel cannot run on macro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a pop message saying every time I click on excel cannot run on macro: Getting a pop message saying every time I click on excel cannot run on macro.What do i do to unlock this macro on excel I tried everything and still it doesn’t work.Your help was be much appreciated...
  4. Defender - excel macro exception

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender - excel macro exception: Hello,how can be possible to create in Windows Defender an exception for directory with all sub directories, where can be stored xlsx files which can contain macro and will be macros predefined enabled for rest directories must be macro predefined disabled and can be manualy...
  5. Excel Macro File Saving Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel Macro File Saving Problem: Hello Friends, Here I am new so, please help me. I received a message/error "There isn't enough memory to complete this action" when I save my MACRO File. I try all things from YOUTUBE but not helpful....
  6. Unable to run excel macro when PC is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to run excel macro when PC is locked: Hi,I'm running a script through task scheduler for a certain time each day which is to run macros in excel and have reports ready for the day ahead.I've got a Desktop PC and a Laptop both on Windows 10 both have the same version 1909 and OS Build 18363.418However, the Desktop...
  7. Excel macro, if Excel gets the focus.?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel macro, if Excel gets the focus.?: So I want the macro to start immediately when I switch to Excel from another application with <alt>+<tab>. Excel-Makro, wenn Excel den Focus bekommt.?
  8. Defender says I have malware running in an Excel macro but I didn't use macros

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender says I have malware running in an Excel macro but I didn't use macros: I got this message from Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Foretype.A!ml for my Excel file. I'm running Excel ver 2002. I am the author of the Excel file and I do not use Macros of any type. When I run inspect it says I am running macros. I went to view - macros, the pop up is...
  9. Macros

in Windows 10 Customization
    Macros: What is the purpose of Macros. and can I get a list of some macros? Microsoft Help Says Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/macros/fa5041d5-967f-4ceb-b7bb-5b6db10c3f3c
  10. Add a shortcut to an Excel Macro

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Add a shortcut to an Excel Macro: W10 and Excel. I have several macros in my personal.xls all activated from a customized ribbon or Quick Access. I would like to add a KB shortcut to 2 of them. I know I should have done that when I created them but I did not realize then how helpful it would have been My bad...