Windows 10: Defender scan never finishes windows 10s mode

Discus and support Defender scan never finishes windows 10s mode in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; First I have to admit I know nothing about computers. We recently purchased a HP laptop windows 10s mode.Have only used it a few times.I have never... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KD7_1, Jun 17, 2021.

1. KD7_1 Win User

Defender scan never finishes windows 10s mode

First I have to admit I know nothing about computers. We recently purchased a HP laptop windows 10s mode.Have only used it a few times.I have never been able to run a defender scan. When I click quick scan, it shows dots like it is scanning but it never finishes.Please help.

:)

KD7_1, Jun 17, 2021

2. windows defender scan not finish

Hi Lounes,

Just to clarify, Windows defender does not complete the scan, is that correct?

- Do you have any third party security software installed in the computer?

If so, I suggest you to temporarily disable it and check if the issue persists.

Disclaimer: If you have to temporarily disable the antivirus to install other software; you should enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus
    software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks.

If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and try the scan again. Follow the steps provided in the help article below:

Get to safe mode and other startup settings in Windows

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Windows Defender can't finish a quick scan

Original Title: windows defender scan

I am running windows defender on windows 10. Windows Defender can't finish a quick scan

ahmedmoftah, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Defender scan never finishes windows 10s mode

windows defender scan not finish

windows defender scan not finish and stop time ...

Iounes Manoochehri, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

Defender scan never finishes windows 10s mode

1. Defender scan never finishes windows 10s mode - Similar Threads - Defender scan never

2. Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files: So i saw google found a virus in a file i was trying to download but windows deleted it before finishing but even before that my windows defender gets stuck at 0 files scanned i am worried that a virus blocked it... what is says:Full scan runningEstimated time remaining...
  3. Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files: So i saw google found a virus in a file i was trying to download but windows deleted it before finishing but even before that my windows defender gets stuck at 0 files scanned i am worried that a virus blocked it... what is says:Full scan runningEstimated time remaining...
  4. Windows Defender Never Starts Scanning Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Defender scan never finishes windows 10s mode

Defender scan never finishes windows 10s mode: First I have to admit I know nothing about computers. We recently purchased a HP laptop windows 10s mode.Have only used it a few times.I have never been able to run a defender scan. When I click quick scan, it shows dots like it is scanning but it never finishes.Please help....
  6. Windows 10s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10s mode: Hi I recently got a hp laptop witch came with windows 10s I switch out 10s mode but I need to return the laptop to the store if I reset factory settings will it put me back in 10s mode ....
  7. windows 10s defender quick scan never completes

windows 10s defender quick scan never completes: Hi all and tearing my not much left now hair out! New windows 10s laptop. Under "virus and threat protection" showing a yellow warning triangle I get a message saying "quick scan due" with a red dot with a white x in it, along with moving dots below it. This apparent scan...
  8. Windows Defender won't finish scan

Windows Defender won't finish scan: I hope I don't forget anything. I was watching NASA live on YouTube. One of my messages was deleted. I sent another but someone else's name appeared. I was frightened so I quickly closed YouTube and then went on to restart my pc. When it came back on I tried to run a scan...
  9. Windows Defender Quick Scan Very Very Slow in Winows 10s

Windows Defender Quick Scan Very Very Slow in Winows 10s: I have recently bought a laptop which is running Windows 10s. I have received an alert that I have to run a quick scan. I have tried to do so on several occasions but given up because it is so slow. As I am not allowed to download any other virus protection I can't use AVG...
  10. windows defender boot time scanner never seems o finish a scan nor does it producea log...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows defender boot time scanner never seems o finish a scan nor does it producea log...: defender boot scan, windows defender boot time scanner never seems to finish a scan nor does it produce a log file, or indicate it ran ? i see quite a few instances of the same problem with no apparent progress on what the problem really is?...