Windows 10: defender scan option missing in windows 11

Discus and support defender scan option missing in windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by allant51, Feb 25, 2024.

1. allant51 Win User

defender scan option missing in windows 11

How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem.

:)

allant51, Feb 25, 2024

2. "Virus and Threat Scan" Option missing from Windows Defender

Apologies, I misunderstood Step 5 and found the two files as mentioned and have now disabled them both alongside the "Client Interface's" option of "Enable headless UI mode". After restarting Win10 and opening Windows Defender, the issue still persists with
    "Virus and Threat Protection" Option still missing.

I also tried the REG DELETE command for the Command Prompt and it gave me same error " system unable to find the specified registry key or value." That;s update I have regarding this issue.

Hector_Sal, Feb 25, 2024
  3. Brian Cab Win User
    Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Feb 25, 2024
  4. defender scan option missing in windows 11

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

defender scan option missing in windows 11

1. defender scan option missing in windows 11 - Similar Threads - defender scan option

2. Microsoft defender virus scanning option missing on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft defender virus scanning option missing on my PC: Win11. No idea when, but Microsoft defender virus scanning option is missing. I can find 'Virus & Threat Protect' button from 'search' icon on task bar. And I got 'Page not available, Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried...
  3. Microsoft defender virus scanning option missing on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft defender virus scanning option missing on my PC: Win11. No idea when, but Microsoft defender virus scanning option is missing. I can find 'Virus & Threat Protect' button from 'search' icon on task bar. And I got 'Page not available, Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried...
  4. defender scan option missing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    defender scan option missing in windows 11: How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem....
  5. No periodic scan option windows 11 defender solved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No periodic scan option windows 11 defender solved: My computer came with Mcafee installed, I uninstalled it and chose to use defender for now. But there is no option on my computer for periodic scans. I’ve even tried scheduling scans, but that only worked a few times. I’ve tried resetting and repairing, but I can’t get the...
  6. No periodic scan option windows 11 defender

No periodic scan option windows 11 defender: My computer came with Mcafee installed, I uninstalled it and chose to use defender for now. But there is no option on my computer for periodic scans. I’ve even tried scheduling scans, but that only worked a few times. I’ve tried resetting and repairing, but I can’t get the...
  7. folders missing in scan option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders missing in scan option: I scanned over a hundred photos using Microsoft 10's scan feature. It suddenly refused to recognize my HP printer. I tried a number of different solutions, and none seemed to work. Then, all of a sudden, it recognized my printer again. Don't ask me what I did. But, now,...
  8. "Virus and Threat Scan" Option missing from Windows Defender

"Virus and Threat Scan" Option missing from Windows Defender: A week ago, I downloaded the Microsoft Office apps so I could get access to Excel and Word for my school work. After logging in today, I noticed that Windows prompted me to change my PIN and upon entry found that there was no option for me perform a security scan in Windows...
  9. Windows Defender Missing Scan Button

Windows Defender Missing Scan Button: Suddenly when I open Windows Security, I no longer have the buttons to scan for viruses. Even though I have McAfee, I always could scan with Windows Defender-- it just didn't do real-time scan. Now I can't even scan. If anybody is experiencing this, please let me know....
  10. Windows Defender Options Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Options Missing: Help! My windows defender options are missing, it only shows the word remain: Security at a glance See what's happening with the security and health of your device and take any actions needed. Could someone help me please?...