Windows 10: defender scan

Discus and support defender scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been trying to run a defender scan on task scheduler for years; after a zillion tries when I m done setting it up it asks for a password and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by michaelkennedyjp, Jun 11, 2019.

1. defender scan

I have been trying to run a defender scan on task scheduler for years; after a zillion tries when I m done setting it up it asks for a password and regardless of what I try it comes back and says there is least 5 or more reasons why it can do it.sometimes it acts like its gonna run as scheduled but after a few day I look and for some reason it stopped. I have never gotten any results.please tell me how.

:)

michaelkennedyjp, Jun 11, 2019

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 11, 2019
  3. avemaria Win User
    right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Brian Cab Win User

defender scan

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

defender scan

1. defender scan - Similar Threads - defender scan

2. no record of defender offline scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    no record of defender offline scan: I requested an offline scan. Looked like it was working and system rebooted but there is no history of the scan. All I see is that a quick scan completed 3 days earlier. Where is the history of the scan?...
  3. Windows defender advanced scan extreme cpu overload

Windows defender advanced scan extreme cpu overload: I routinely do Windows defender advanced scans. Up until about 2 weeks ago, that is. All of a sudden the scan was completely maxing out my cpu. I wouldn't say it crashed the computer, but if I tried to do the simplest task while it was running, it rendered the machine...
  4. Windows Defender - Not able to do the Quick Scan

Windows Defender - Not able to do the Quick Scan: I am not able to run the Quick Scan through Windows Defender. I donot have any third party Anivirus Software on my computer. When I tried to run the scan, it showing that "PAGE NOT AVAILABLE... Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item...
  5. Defenders Full Scan

Defenders Full Scan: I decided to do a full scan of my computer to see if everything was alright and it's been hours since then. It's still continuing to scan my files and the time remaining went down at first but now it's increasing instead of decreasing. I don't know why and I'm wondering if I...
  6. KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION Bluescreen, while Windows Defender is scanning!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION Bluescreen, while Windows Defender is scanning!: Hi I face KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION Bluescreen every time Windows Defender starts scanning... Windows Defender starts scanning my laptop, nothing happens until it reach some specific folders for scanning, and suddenly Windows go to Bluescreen. (I couldn't find the...
  7. Windows Defender scheduled scans failing with 0x2 error

Windows Defender scheduled scans failing with 0x2 error: Hi, This problem is occurring on a new Dell laptop (Latitude 7480 with Windows 10 Pro 1809, auto-updates turned on). The problem started a week or two ago when Windows Defender reported no recent successful scans. I can run a scan manually with no problems. However, the...
  8. Enable Defender Email Scanning?

Enable Defender Email Scanning?: I just discovered in a recent post that you can use the Powershell command Get-MpPreference to get the status of Defender settings. I have the default settings as far as I know but spotted that the option DisableEmailScanning was set to True. I discovered a setting in Group...
  9. Windows Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Offline Scan: DELL backup and recovery on Dell Inspiron 5558 is preventing windows defender offline scan from running. Does anyone know a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-offline-scan/3b5cc063-e7ef-470d-9f24-1daa45d33df5
  10. When I run the windows defender offline scan, dell backup and recovery pops up and prevents...

When I run the windows defender offline scan, dell backup and recovery pops up and prevents...: I am using Windows 10 version 1809 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series laptop. I just want to do a full check of my computer with the offline scan, but the dell backup and recovery shows up and prevents the scanning. Is there anyway to work around with this?...