Windows 10: Defender Security Scans

Discus and support Defender Security Scans in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; About 10 days ago the scans in my defender quit working?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JerryWall2, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Defender Security Scans

About 10 days ago the scans in my defender quit working?

:)

JerryWall2, Dec 2, 2021

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 2, 2021
  3. Brian Cab Win User
    Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Dec 2, 2021
  4. Defender Security Scans

Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Dec 2, 2021
Thema:

Defender Security Scans

1. Defender Security Scans - Similar Threads - Defender Security Scans

2. Defender crashing PC, Security Scan not helpful

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender crashing PC, Security Scan not helpful: Since last weekends Defender update whenever it runs it blue screens. Tried running Security Scans, both quick and full. Whilst they were running they each flagged that problems were found but at the end stated there were no problems. Not much use....
  3. Defender Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Scan: How can I get Defender to Scan for Trojans and Virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-scan/083ea49b-dc6b-4b9b-b941-272a63df8f53
  4. Defender Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Scan: How can I get Defender to Scan for Trojans and Virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-scan/083ea49b-dc6b-4b9b-b941-272a63df8f53
  5. Defender not scanning.

Defender not scanning.: Hi, I have Win 10 but for some reason today it will not let me do full or quick scan.ThxTony https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-not-scanning/c33b8892-b707-48d2-9f0f-d26147e64e42
  6. windows defender security scan

windows defender security scan: I CLICK QUICK SCAN FOR VIRUSES AND IT JUST SITS AT 00:00:00, AND THE SAME FOR A FULL SCAN. CAN SOMEBODY HELP PLS???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scan/77f9a0f3-07de-48ef-a12d-52ef1acf2b2a
  7. windows defender security scan freeze

windows defender security scan freeze: In my windows 10 earlier quick scan was stuck at some item number now all security scans quick scan, full scan, offline scan and custom scan are stuck at some item number. item number is not specific. wait for your reply......
  8. Windows Defender Security Scan

Windows Defender Security Scan: I am not able to run a full security scan using defender. After just a few seconds the scan ends. Help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scan/1938597c-690b-4f2e-a910-24041702f4bb"
  9. Windows 10 Security Center Windows Defender Scans

Windows 10 Security Center Windows Defender Scans: Have regularly scanned my PC after surfing and searches. The number of files scanned has been in the 45K to 47K recently the scanned files are dropping dramatically i.e. 9811 9810 9836 and 9659 My concern is why are there fewer and fewer files being scanned? Is it a symptom...
  10. defender scan

defender scan: I have been trying to run a defender scan on task scheduler for years; after a zillion tries when I m done setting it up it asks for a password and regardless of what I try it comes back and says there is least 5 or more reasons why it can do it.sometimes it acts like its...